“Very good!”

The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #179 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I really recommend the hotel. It was my second time at the hotel, and again everything was perfect!
Everybody are very friendly, at the reception, bell boys.
I only think that the breakfast could be cheaper, but is it a very good and complete breakfast.
In my next visit to Miami, I'll really stay again at the Alexander Hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floor has a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for being one of our most special guests. Good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.
We appreciate your time to share your experience
Looking forward to have the opportunity to host you again in the future

Mariela

Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Suite #402

Beginning:
I was told I would be getting 2 queen beds, 4 full beds & a sofa bed.

-When we first got there they tried to put me in a suite with only 1 king size bed & 2 full beds. After discussing this with the lady at the front for almost half an hour, they gave us a suite with 2 queen beds, 2 full beds & a sofa bed.

Breakfast:
-The buffet was $20+tax+the mandatory 19% tip (which the service was way below average)
-The eggs were absolutely disgusting and watery like, it had no taste whatsoever
-The hash browns were the worst that I have ever tasted. They tasted like raw potatoes in water.
-The ONLY thing that was acceptable was the toast, which was a bit burnt.
-This "buffet" was a joke and there were barely any things to choose from.

The bar outside:
-The angus burgers were really good in my opinion, my boyfriend didn't like them at all. It came with a bag of lays chips. This was $13+tax+mandatory 19% tip (which again the service was horrible) They never came to us to ask us if we needed more water or even if everything was okay. To order something else we had to chase after the servers because they weren't even paying attention. (same goes for the check)

-The drinks were overpriced & extremely watered down. We ordered a bunch of drinks and they tasted like they had no liquor at all.
-The chicken fingers were really good

Inside the suite:
-sofa "bed", this was our biggest problem. We needed the sofa bed to accommodate everyone. Right when we were getting ready to go to sleep, we opened the sofa bed and found all the springs either completely decompressed or missing. The mattress was super thin and it looked like it was falling apart. The mattress looked like it was approximately 4 inches thick. There was absolutely no way anyone could sleep on it. There were also yellow stains all over it. it was the worse and most atrocious sofa bed I have ever seen and I have laid on many before. We had to call housekeeping and they told us there was nothing they could do. After much talking with them, they finally sent someone to look at it. We even made this man lay on the bed and he completely agreed that it was horrible. He told us that someone else would bring us a rollout bed. This bed was for a single person only. When they got to the suite they wanted to charge us $40 per night for it. I was in disbelief and shock, there was no way I was paying a dollar for that bed if anything I should've had a discount on my bill for this and other things.

-bathrooms, there were 2. The first one the door was broken from the hinge and to close it you had to push the door to the left side and push it hard. it would wake up anyone who was trying to sleep in the middle of the night. Both bathrooms looked outdated. At least they were clean.

-the main room (2 queens) had the A/C broken
-the other room was fine
-kitchen, all the silverware were dirty but we never used them

GOOD things about this resort
-the bathrooms, rooms & bed were clean
-the view was really nice (balcony)
-good location
-the pools & Jacuzzi were really good

SUMMARY:
All in all for the price which was $500 a night..& we stayed 2 nights, I would never stay here again. I have gone to many hotels/resorts in many different cities and all of them care about their customers. These other hotels/resorts try to solve every problem you might have or give you a discount for the inconvenience. For the price of these types of places, everything should go smoothly and perfect. This suite we stayed at needs to be checked by the owner to fix all the problems it has.

I will NOT RECOMMEND this resort to anyone & I will NOT STAY HERE again even if the night was free.

Room Tip: avoid #402, if you can just don't stay at this resort, save your cash
5  Thank davidmrosenthal

I appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had an unsatisfactory experience with us.
I apologize for our breakfast not meeting your expectations; there are usually more options that the one you mentioned- however we have a full investigation going on regarding your feedback
Please allow me to apologize for the fact that you did not receive the suite requested. That is disappointing to hear and I will personally address this with my team.
I’m also disappointed for all the maintenance issues you found in your suite.
I would like to thank you for mentioning our location. We believe we have the best location in Miami Beach.
The public perception of our hotel is very important to us, as is the accuracy of the information and how our hotel is portrayed to future travelers. As you can see from reading the great reviews on our site, our hotel has a long standing commitment and history of providing clean, comfortable guest rooms, a friendly staff, and making our travelers feel at home. I regret that you felt we did not provide this to you, and am always available should you wish to discuss further.
I would love the opportunity to show you what a stay at the Alexander should feel like should you choose to stay with us again. I promise you an outstanding experience

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Girls weekend- very spacious rooms. 2 beds, 2 baths, kitchen, nice balcony with spectacular ocean views.

If you are not a hotel snob, this is a great place.

If you are used to immaculately kept rooms and updated furniture, this won't be for you.

The service was outstanding. Front desk, Paul, Sarai, The Concierge- fantastic. That said, after 2 nights, we checked out and went to another hotel with newer, more plush accommodations.

I do rate this as a great value and excellent for families with young kids. Great access to beach.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are very grateful for your comments regarding our great location and the gorgeous setting that is Miami Beach. Speaking of pleasure, it is a privilege to work with such a fine group of staff. I appreciate you recognizing members of our team by name including Paul and Sarai. Our goal is to create unique guest experience with a genuine, personalized interaction at every turn. I am delighted we succeeded in doing so during your time with us however so sorry for losing your business.
We are not like any other hotel. We have the advantage of having unique suites and I know that if you give us the chance we will be able to find one that exactly matches or exceeds your expectations
Thank you for your review!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is beautiful and in a very accessible location. The quality of service from the employees was great. The food is good and the rooms are superb! The junior suite is very spacious and has a balcony with furniture. My friend and I each has our own bathroom in each bedroom. It felt like we were in a condo.

1  Thank 1precious621

We appreciate your compliments about the Alexander and we thank you sincerely! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our team members. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward you hosting you in the future.

Best Regards

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great hotel! The entire staff from day to day was very courteous and helpful. Made us feel right at home! We stayed in a room that had a completely White settings from the kitchen to the bedrooms. Spacious, seperate bedrooms, and great furniture. The amazing slanted style sinks were different, but very nice and clean! I am currently looking for that style to replace one of mine in my home. Awesome Steak house! I would definetly stay here again, and recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Rooms are in a quiet area which allows you to rest in comfort
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

“Just like home” is a great compliment to the Alexander and our team members. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a positive experience with our facilities, accommodations, and of course Shulla’s restaurant.
The principal goal of our hotel is to provide excellent service to all of our guests but, it's only through your eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. Thank you for asuring us we are on track
Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I loved the location, the spacious room and great view. The staff was very friendly and upon check in was courteous answered any question we had. I would love to continue staying here. There's a Shulas steak house in the hotel very convenient and delicious food. The hotel has two pools one with a huge water fall and private access to the beach it was a perfect place to get away with friends, family or even a loved one.

• Stayed: April 2013
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased we were able to offer you a pleasant stay. As you noticed our location is simply unbeatable. Being just 5 min drive from the best restaurants and shops this great city has to offer.
Also, I will pass along your praise to the entire staff. They are an amazing group of hoteliers dedicated to making each guests stay spectacular.
Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Regards

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The location was great very spacious if a group was going it will sleep 6 people easy especially if your going to party and hang out the room was equipped with fridge stove microwave two bathroom with also 2 bed rooms the living room space separated the rooms set up like California suites

Room Tip: This location is excellent if you have a group of people we had a two bedroom with two bathroom kitc...