The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort
$201
$168
Kimpton
  • Beachfront
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$236
$178
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$248
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
$290
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Pool
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$174
$169
$429
$287
Agoda.com
1,338 results
All reviewsfull kitchensouth beachfamily vacationvalet parkingbeach accessview of the oceanhousekeeping staffpool sidevalet servicepoolsconciergemiamitubstikicruise
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Although it was a beautiful location nothing beats our rooms view the garbage isle. The Non Pool side has that view get ready to wake up at 5:30 am. This was a major drawback but the rest of the property was in ok condition, some work needs to be done but when they get it cleaned up it will be a great hotel. It is home to the Don Shula's Steakhouse which is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. Over all I recommend this hotel if you are staying in miami beach and prefer a cheaper hotel. It is still pricy but the other options are, the fountain bleu- $$$$, the four seasons $$$ and the ritz $$$$.
I Hope This review helped
Josh Miller

Room Tip: Dont choose a room on the garbage isle
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Josh M
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

We are very sorry that the suite you were given had a disappointing view. I truly wish we had the opportunity to be advised about that during your stay in order for us to be able to move you to a higher floor.
We love hearing of great customer service offered, across the board, from our staff. And it's great that you took advantage of the many delicious offerings that Shulla’s has.
We truly would love another opportunity to have your return to our hotel if ever visiting Miami again

Regards

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed at the hotel with two teenagers. The suit was just great - two bedrooms, one room had two queens, the other one had three singles ( a singe and a bunk bed). Each bedroom had a bathroom. The living room is very spacious with a nice big table for meals and a huge sofa.
The suit has a full kitchen with all the amenities. Great views from the balcony - ocean on the one side and the water way on the other. I liked the idea of a wall mirror in the living room. It reflects the ocean and creates a great ocean wall picture. So when you sit at the table with your back to the ocean you see it in the wall mirror and enjoy the view. The staff was very friendly and helpful I would stay at Alexander Hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were very happy, my wife and me, to live in Alexander Hotel.
The welcome on arrival was very good, ditto for all services.
Just one problem: The wireless connection was slow and difficult but it's seem will be better for
the next months.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have been going to this hotel since the early '90s and always have a great time.
Obviously some rooms are nicer than others, since they are mostly owned by different people, but the condo as whole is very nice.
Last time I went there was from Aug. 10th to Aug. 16th and I had a great experience overall.
The first room I was assigned to was not so nice, especially due to the old decoration. So I asked for a room change and the staff was very helpful in providing that. In fact, other than the great location (beach front and beautiful pools), the staff is really what makes the difference.
From the valet parking guys to the concierge and front desk people, everyone will treat you very well: friendly, helpful and well prepared.
I highly reccommend this place and will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly decorated room if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

This is the word we love to read in a review: AMAZING! Especially when coming from a guest who has stayed with us on multiple occasions over 20 years having even found their favorite suite. We will strive to provide the same excellent experiences on each and every one of your future stays. It sounds like you have found a way to create your perfect getaway here at Alexander! We'll look forward to inviting you back each and every time!

Thank you deeply for this wonderful review and hope to see back you soon!

Warmest Regards

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Only one night there but was sufficient ; rooms are quite ok but seems old and it s more like flats than an hotel ; nobody inside but too many people near the small swimming pool ; you have the feeling to rent a house from someone else and the service is not very good for this type of hotel ; the place is good as this is Collins Avenue and you have plenty of restaurants in the aera and the good districts not so far ; it s calm , perhaps too much as you feel alone in the large lobby and in the stairs !

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Although I am pleased to hear you liked our location, I am disappointed that the quality of your suite was not up to the reputation we have at the Alexander. Indeed September is one of our slowest months and we were not at a high occupancy levels, however we're all hopeful that we'll have an opportunity to host you again in the future, to showcase just how phenomenal a stay at Alexander can be.

Regards