“A safe haven.”

Ranked #115 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Oslo, Norway
“A safe haven.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just got back from Florida were me and my boyfriend spent 7 nights in this wonderful little gem of a hotel. It´s a block away from Ocean Drive and the beach so the location couldn´t have been better!
Nice, big room (nr 12) in the back of the property away from the noise of the street, big, comfy bed, refreshing aircondition and nice little kitchen. The room had a safe too, so I could store my passport safely. The cleaning staff did a good job, making the bed, sweeping the floors and changing our towels daily. (The do not however clean your dirty dishes). And the best part; it was very affordable. No hidden surcharges and taxes.
However, the best part of this little haven in the chaos of South Beach was the concierge JUDITH. She was lovely and funny, always there with suggestions and advice on what to do. She would call around, book our tables, help with car rental and stuff like that. She also gave us some great advice on what to do and see in downtown Miami. She arranged for a private local driver (Mike) to take us downtown Miami (and he didn´t charge much more than a regular taxi)!! This one was a jewel, telling us all the things worth knowing about the different areas of the city. He even took us clubbing, no additional charge!! If you are ever in South Beach, this is the man you should call for a great time! (myangelpersonalconcierge@yahoo.com)

All in all, our experience was great and I hope that you are lucky enough to snatch a couple of nights in this lovely apartment hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed in room nr 12. On the second floor and away from the streetnoise. Great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MissBailey84

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were here for a weekend in November and were very happy with our brief stay. The location is great right in amongst it on Collins Ave, and only a block back from Ocean Drive and the beach front. The apartment (as they are more like self catering rentals really) was very nice, clean and seemed very befitting of the environs of Miami Beach. They feel a good size too, with the separate kitchen, bathroom and small living area in the main bedroom. The stocked kitchen had all the basics you would need and came in handy for eating in over breakfast. WiFi worked well. There is also a nice outside area in the alleyway where you can sit and eat or drink. We stayed in an upstairs apartment (No. 12), and being an older building the floors would creak under our feet so perhaps it's best to have no one above you. The only other slight negative was that there is no assigned parking, you are at the mercy of local garages etc which do fill up quickly over weekends. Compared to how expensive the hotels along Ocean or Collins are, this place was a snip. Will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Miami...

Room Tip: Upstairs probably less noisy
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BorderRambler
chicago, il
Reviewed July 2, 2013

stayed here late May 2013 for 2 nights. old school kitchenette. friendly at check in.
small rooms. comfy bed. great location for south beach. issue: after staying for 2 nights,
moved on to another destination forgetting my small cosmetic bag behind...did not
realize til later in the trip. emailed property. took a LONG time for a response, over a month.
they wanted my charge number to ship back a very small pkg. made arrangement for usps
box to be sent and then they could call me when box received and I'd send info for usps to pick up...did not want to pay over 30 dollars...any way,.. 2 months later I FINALLY have my
items back. I once left a charger behind at another place. They shipped it back to me in less than a week of my departure...NOT 2 months. The only reason this place gets 3 stars, is because I EVENTUALLY, got my items back, finally

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank welovemichigan
Schiedam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We visited the Villa 3 times during last 2 years.
Why? Because it is a very pleasant place to be...
Wonderful old style rooms, little apartments , clean, very friendly staff.
Very central spot in South Beach, everything within walking distance. Nice sitting area outside with new lounge chairs (just arrived before we left..)
We didn't have not a single complain!
Keep on going this way. We'll be back.....
Rixt and Peter from the Netherlands

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter K
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed here 10 days during June. It's a beautiful little hotel, just 2min from the beach.
There is a lot of good restaurant around (I recommend the Front Porch Cafe for breakfast, sooo tasty !).

My room was the 17, spacious and looked absolutely like on the pictures.

The staff was also really nice and always helpful.

The only thing who can be improved is the soundproofing and the blind window (even if they are completely closed, the room still really bright a the sunshine).

Despite this, I loved my holiday here and for sure I'll recommend this hotel !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank r_jess
Long Beach, California
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at Villa Paradiso. The room was perfect, I was sad that I wasn't staying longer to take full advantage of it! They are set up like a studio apartment, including a kitchen and living area. The room was clean and bright, we had no complaints. The location is also fantastic. Quick walk to the beach, close to tons of restaurants, really can't be beat. The staff (I think she was the owner) was also incredibly helpful in helping orchestrate our travel plans to make sure we had cabs when we needed them or anything else that we needed. The pricing is very reasonable for what you get.

I would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ashley B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Everything about the place was first class, perfect location, clean and tidy, good air con. Small niggles include no restaurant or pool but you are right next to the beach and rooms have a kitchenette so not really an issue.
Big comfy bed, attentive staff and rooms very spacious.
Would return and recommend without a doubt. Brilliant!

Room Tip: Room 7 very good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple