New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #106 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fredericton, Canada
“Great spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My sister and stayed at Villa Paradiso for a week in February 2013. We took in some of the South Beach Food and Wine Festival, which was just a block away on the beach. I stayed in Room 16 at the back and my sister was in Room 4, which is on the second floor near the front. My room was very quiet, but my sister's room was sometimes a bit noisy at night given the proximity to the traffic on Collins. Nothing crazy, though.
The rooms were very clean, but as noted by several contributors, there was a smell from the cleaning products used when we first checked in. This disipated over the course of our stay and was not really noticible at the end.
Judith at the front desk was always pleasant and helpful.
The one problem I did encounter was that it was often difficult to connect to the hotel's WiFi network near my room at the back. I usually had to move closer to the reception area at the front in order to connect. Not a major inconvenience for me, but a minor annoyance, to be sure.
For the price and location, it would be hard to beat Villa Paradiso.

Room Tip: Room 16 was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Schererazade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We have been staying here a couple of times. Great location, cosy atmosphere and nice people. Regrettably, in both occasions the shawers were not working properly and in a holiday resort that is important. Furthermore, the nearby Collins avenue is quite noisy but the rather old windows do not protect you from that. Sleeping can be rather difficult. take a room at the back if you can.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Giovannide
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The title says it all. We called at the last minute. The person who answered was friendly and agreed to hold the room until we could finish dinner and drive across town. Upon arrival, we were given a warm welcome and were promptly checked in. A reasonably priced parking garage is one block away; since the hotel is centrally located, there was no need to retrieve the car until departure. Our parents (age 70) enjoyed their stay and appreciated the warmth of the service. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was to Villa Paradiso for honeymoon…………. It was an excellent experience. The hotel is central, at reception I found always warm people, the room was clean and large, the little kitchen is useful, I found in the kitchen a Black Mountain Jamaican Coffee .. very tasty … I recommend it

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Vicktor79
NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

The reviews were all good to great and we were excited to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary here. But, they called and cancelled our reservation on a Monday when we were supposed to arrive on Friday... In their defense - they were apologetic, but still - we now had no place to stay with only a few days until our departure. Will not take that chance again...

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank NicsalNyc
Villapmiami, Owner at Villa Paradiso, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We have a policy to never, ever overbook. It happens on certain occasion due to human error on our side or the fact that we have guests from the whole world and that sometimes there are misunderstandings. In that case, we call the guests who were booked the last. We did provide an alternative hotel to the canceled guests. We understand the frustration of the guests but believe me we take this matters very seriously.
Pascal Nicolle
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Like an oasis in the hustle bustle of South Beach. Just enough out of the way to avoid crowds and the noise. Room was clean, well designed and really comfortable. I felt safe to leave my belongings there. The staff was friendly and helpful in every way. If I needed something, all I had to do was ask and they would assist me in every way. Did I mention clean?? Can't say that about most hotels in Miami. Really shouldn't be bragging on this place because then it will become overcome by visitors. I'd rather keep this GEM to myself. So, disregard the above. Now I need to call them and reserve my room for next year!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms I saw were really cozy and nice. Really clean and sooooo quiet!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank strobeone
The Hague
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Out of reach of most of the party noise yet very central in the art deco district. Long and narrow garden to complete the tropical picure, the spacious apartments/rooms are cute. The bathroom still has the original art deco tiles, loved it. It may not be the Ritz but unadorned it has luxury feel to it.

Room Tip: The further back the less street noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple