“Absolutely Beautiful Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York
“Absolutely Beautiful Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My partner and I went to this hotel for a short getaway weekend to celebrate my birthday. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. We walked around and saw that they take very good care of the hotel and the grounds. What a gorgeous room. Thank you for my champagne and fruits. Thank you also to David Mills for all your help. You where "on point" about this hotel! You are a true asset to this hotel! Until Next Time Tides!

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Beautiful room. Well-appointed and clean with a tremendous view. Great staff willing to help any way they can. Beautiful mezzanine pool which is a quiet retreat if you want to get away from pulsing Ocean Drive. If there is any advice I can give that would help…the rooms come with two chairs and an umbrella provided by a professional firm who sets them up at the beach. Get to the beach early if you want to reserve a chair near the water…or if you don’t you’ll get a chairs four-rows back.

• 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank tigary61
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Great corner room with good view. Housekeeping and reception very good, hotel a little dated. Pool nice for relaxing. Beach close by. Bar guy so great , not cheap though. Good location. Gym small but sufficient. Lots of choice in area for food so wasn't busy.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights as part of our honeymoon and had a great stay.

Hotel is extremely impressive and the staff were all incredibly friendly and greeted you every time you went through the lobby, we had a good laugh with the bar staff too watching the England v Uruguay World Cup game.

The hotel is well located on Ocean Drive for a host of great restaurants and bars as well as being a stone’s throw from the beach – the hotel has an area where you can get complimentary sun loungers, towels and an umbrella.

The room was huge and featured a walk-in closet as well as a really nice bathroom with some excellent toiletry products provided. The housekeeping service was first rate as well, coming twice a day.

We had a read some negative things about noise on the lower floors so when we arrived and got our room on the second floor we were a little concerned, more so when at around 6pm and severely jetlagged we could hear quite loud music coming from outside. However we went to bed very early that night and were not kept awake or disturbed in any way, nor were we any night for the rest of our stay, though we did not stay over a weekend.

The hotel restaurant is great for breakfast and has some very good offers but we didn’t eat there other than for breakfast.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I booked The Tides through my American Express Platinum Fine Hotels & Resorts benefits which I use often when I travel as the hotels are always top notch with great added benefits. The service team at The Tides was acceptable but certainly not at the level of the usual Fine Hotels & Resorts experience, front desk staff not very friendly and there is zero service at the pool although they claim on the website to have poolside service. I had a very large beautiful room with ocean view that was very well appointed, however, due to the location no matter where your room is in the hotel you will feel as if the music from the hotel restaurant and the neighbor restaurants is playing within your room. Bring earplugs or plan to be awake until 1 am. The major disappointment for me was the food. I had free breakfast included as well as a voucher for a meal and the 3 meals I did have were terrible. I had fish that was $38 and tasted as if it had been frozen and reheated. Avoid the restaurant at all costs. Overall, if you want to stay right in the heart of the South Beach chaos and hear music blaring in your beautiful room all night this is a good spot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank ChiKYtraveler
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had an amazing time, the people working made us feel at home, thank you so much...the only thing I will recommend is to get your own taxi if you need one, because the service of the company that they use is horrible, the drivers dont speak English they have a noisy radio and they over charge, beacuse they say they pay the hotel 10 dollars to do pick ups

• Stayed June 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I chose Tides based on luxury feel and a cracking deal. I wouldn't pay rack rates to stay here. The positives: it's very attractive, with great decor. Check in and out was a breeze with friendly service. We could store luggage all day easily. The room was wonderful, large with great bathroom. The view was stunning from the room. Free wifi, which actually worked. The not so good: on drop off, we had to carry our own bags up the stairs into the hotel. I appreciate that the location on ocean drive makes it difficult to have people waiting around for guests to arrive, but for the price I would expect better service. It took a while for anyone to take our order on the terrace. I believe service in miami is more laid back than other places, but still, for a luxury hotel I'd expect swift service. Finally, whilst sheets etc were luxurious, the be itself was very soft. It's my personal choice I know, but it prefer a firmer mattress.

I would note that we were on the third floor on the end directly above the loud bag next door. With the hum of the air con, we couldn't hear the bar. I know others have complained, but we didn't find it an issue at all.

Overall, stay if you get a good deal. Otherwise, perhaps other hotels are more reasonable.

1 Thank TAfan2012