Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“A little noisy, but nice hotel”

The Tides South Beach
Ranked #63 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have been to South Beach a number of times. This was the first time staying on Ocean Drive. I admit it is a bit noisy, though generally speaking things do calm down late at night, except for the random police siren at 3 in the morning.

The hotel:

Staff are terrific.
Room is nice.
Complaint: Nothing is complimentary. They want $2.00 for the nespresso pods in the room, which by the way, are impossible to work.
$8.00 for a bottle of water. Come on. We pay plenty for the room. No water?
No coffee in the lobby of any kind. No complimentary breakfast, which is okay, but then please have better breakfasts. No oatmeal?
Since I am a swimmer, I liked the pool, which is not crowded.
Complimentary beach chairs and umbrella, very nice. At least that is a lovely amenity.
Will I come back? Probably not. But I am not disappointed that I stayed here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brauna
There are newer reviews for The Tides South Beach

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Tides in May 2013. On our arrival we were not disappointed, check in service was swift and courteous. Our room was on the 6th floor and was a corner room. I would strongly recommend when booking you request a corner room. The reason being you get two windows, one facing the beach and the other on the corner. This just adds to the bright feeling of the room. I have seen some reviews stating the furnishing of the rooms is not upto standard. What utter rubbish. We have stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world and believe the Tides is furnished to a very comfortable standard and importantly with furnishings in keeping with its Art Deco era. The bathroom is large and also there is a separate dressing room. Also importantly there were no additional expenses, with a beach set up included in the price. My only problem was the bar next door that every evening has live drag queen shows. These are so popular that they erect barriers into the road to accommodate the customers. The volume of the music and acts are in my view excessive. To the extent that albeit we were on the 6th floor it caused me some irritation in my room. Furthermore we wanted to eat at the hotel restaurant on the outside terrace, but declined to do so as conversation would have been almost impossible. The Tides is great, but I strongly recommend the management do something about the shows next door which detract from the relaxed intimate atmosphere they try to create.

Room Tip: Book a corner room on as high a floor as possible
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Darrendazler
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is our favorite hotel in south beach. The rooms are the best, service is great, and the remodel of the lobby is a step up. Only negative is the pool is in the back. The entertainment at the hotel is interesting but does take away from some of the ambiance.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, very clean. The service staff is very polite, attentive, and helpful. The room is beautiful and kept very clean. It is very close to the beach. One word of warning, it is located in a very noisy section of Ocean Drive. The bar on the corner is entertaining but very loud until late in the night. The restaurants also play very loud music. If you plan to go to bed early (10-11), then the noise may be too much. Keep in mind the noise is not in the hotel it comes from outside. We stayed on the eighth floor and still heard the noise. I would stay there again. Monday through Wednesday night was a little quieter than the other nights.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We came to this hotel for our elopement in Miami Beach. It was absolutely the most beautiful art deco hotel on Ocean Drive. The crowd was grown-up/older adults with sophistication so which was perfect for a romantic elopement. The events manager Aline was absolutely wonderful in accomodating us to use the hotel last minute if the rain did not cooperate for our beachside wedding ceremony. The staff was excellent and they upgraded us to a oceanfront suite for our wedding day. The photographer loved the suite so much that he said the pictures of us getting ready were going to be awesome. I loved this hotel and so happy to have chose it for our intimate and romantic elopement.

Room Tip: Choose the OceanFront Suite. Superb.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I flew to Miami with some of my friends and i had the best time.
The service was amazing, the rooms were very clean and everything was in the standards i am used to.
The bar of the hotel is the biggest plus.
we stayed for a long weekend of 4 days and i highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2013

On April 11, 2013 I married the man of dreams at had the wedding of my dreams thanks to the most AMAZING Catering Sales Manager Aline William-Bauss!! She helped me through every detail, had recommendations for my every wish, and stood by throughout the entire wedding and reception. I could not rave enough about her, but I have to save some space to mention the spectacular experience we had at the hotel for our honeymoon weekend. Our suite was sweet! Beautiful decor throughout, so much that our photographer said the beauty and sophistication of the hotel made the photography happen like magic! Can't wait to return again and again!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple