“50th Wedding Anniversary”

The Tides South Beach
Ranked #66 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The Tides staff made our special day an outstanding occasion and the most memorable hotel experience ever. We felt like royalty. We were greeted with cocktails, a framed wedding picture and chocolate covered strawberries. Every staff member greeted us by name. What more could you ask for.

Room Tip: To excape the street noise, ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager_Tides, General Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your gracious comments as posted recently on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to have been able to be a part of such a special celebration as your 50th wedding anniversary.

It was our pleasure to make your stay enjoyable and were thrilled to know that you felt treated “as royalty”. If ever we can host your future stays in Miami, we would be honored to do so.

Congratulations, again, on your anniversary.

Very sincerely,

Jorge Gutiérrez •
The Tides South Beach
1220 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach
T 3056045070 • F 3055033275
jorge.gutierrez@thetidesresorts.com

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Thank you to the Tides, our welcoming was very friendly and we were given a welcome drink as well. The Manager kindly showed us to our room and explained how everything worked. The location is excellent and our view from our room was beautiful. The only downfall was the bathroom shower leaked, leaving water all over the bathroom floor and hall way which made it very slippery and we could fall. When we complained they provided us with extra towels and a tray of chocolates. Perhaps we should have changed rooms, but didn't get that offer. Anyway we still loved the hotel you could walk to a huge array of restaurants all along South Beach and a few nice bars as well. The staff here do everything they can to make your stay pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager_Tides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at The Tides.

We pride ourselves in offering a flawless arrival experience and it is great to know this portion of your stay was a memorable one. I am, however, highly displeased with the unfortunate issue you experienced with your shower and have immediately addressed this with my management team so that we can avoid further occurrences of this kind.

I look forward to welcoming you back at The Tides in the near future and remain at your service.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

When I was in Miami in 2010 we walked by the Tides and it was sooo beautiful that we made a dinner reservation. Dinner was so great and the hotel so gorgeous that we vowed to stay there next time. So...in July 2011 we did! It was a great experience.

The service was outstanding, the staff went above and beyond (even if it meant helping us out with a 4 am pizza order from the pool! ha ha). The hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious and spotless. The decor is classy and artsy. The food (from breaky, to poolside snacks, to dinner) was fantastic.

The treatment we received at the beach was also a great part of the experience, we felt like VIP's getting our chairs and umbrellas set up for us, no trying to find chairs or having to pay extra (like the previous year).

Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

It is always great to learn of instances where my team was able to accommodate all requests no matter the time as we pride ourselves in offering intuitive service at all times.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had a wonderful vacation at the Tides South Beach. The service at this hotel was exceptional and began even prior to our arrival. On my original reservation, I noted that my wife and I were celebrating our Anniversary. The hotel contacted me prior to my visit and spoke with me regarding any special requests that I had for my stay and offered advice on how they can assist in making it a memorable stay.

Upon arriving at the hotel via taxi, I was greeted by name curbside by the doorman (not sure how he knew who I was but he sure got it right). He then escorted us to the front desk where we were again greeted by name and welcomed by a wonderful employee named Sheerley. Sheerley advised that she would be available throughout our stay in order to assist us while celebrating at the Tides. She quickly checked us in and had us escorted to our room. When we walked into our room, we had rose petals in a heart shape on the bed, a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries awaiting us.

The room we stayed in was extremely spacious and had a wonderful view of Ocean drive and the beach. The room had a large comfortable King bed and all the amenities that you would expect to have, except for an iron and ironing board, which were brought to the room promptly upon request and remained with us for the duration without a problem. The staff all seemed to address you by name and apparently take great joy in doing their job as not one person ever made us feel as we were a burden or as if we were being shaken down for a tip (which we gladly gave as helpful as they were). It was clear that each of the employees made every effort to make our stay memorable.

I found the room to be quiet and was never bothered by any street noise from Ocean Drive, and certainly not from within the hotel. The hotel was very quiet and had very little of the hustle and bustle of the many party hotels in the area. This served us perfectly, as we danced, and partied at nearby hotels and then walked back and enjoyed the serenity of this beautiful hotel. This hotel was perfectly suited for a romantic getaway.

The restaurant "La Maria" was rarely full but served delicious food and some tasty "Mojitos", and had a gorgeous outside seating area overlooking Ocean Drive. The restaurant had nice music playing in the background at the perfect level to hear yet enjoy your table conversation. In the mornings, the hotel provided complimentary coffee and light pastries in the lobby adjacent to La Marea. Coffee is one of the few things that I am picky about and I enjoyed their house coffee very much! The pool was pretty empty during the day, but again we found it romantic to lounge together by the pool with little crowd, as finding a crowd in South Beach is rarely a difficult endeavor. If one desires to catch some sun with more of a crowd, simply walk across the street to the beach, show your key card and have lounge chairs, towels, and an umbrella waiting for you!

When deciding on a hotel in South Beach we had considered a few other hotels in the area. After spending four days at The Tides Hotel, I see no reason to stay at any other property in the area. The Tides is a beautiful property, is centrally located, is immaculately maintained, has spacious Ocean view rooms, exudes an air of class yet is unpretentious, and has an exceptional staff. I again would like to give a special mention to Sheerley, who assisted us throughout our stay including recommending restaurants and lounges, and providing passes for popular area nightclubs. It is so reassuring to have an extremely competent and gracious person as your point of contact with an organization. Good service is not a given in the south beach area despite a 17% mandatory gratuity commonly found on most bills, luckily at the Tides you can routinely find "great" service. If they happen to overlook something, just ask and they will happily attend to the issue promptly.

We enjoyed our stay at the Tides so much; we may make it an annual event!
Thank you Tides!

2  Thank Stve
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Ohhh, my god! (OMG). My family and I stumbled on this one and woow!!! I am a freshman at the University of Miami in Coral Gables. I am from Portugal. My family is visiting me now here in South Florida. Of course I accompany them to South Beach. We parked our rental car at the garage, and decided to walk the boardwalk. No idea what we will do. As we walk, we are approached by a beautiful girl. I think her name is Jennifer. She suggest the Tides Hotel is best on the board walk for some snacks and Mojitos. We choose to sit on the board walk. Our server, James, greeted us and gave his personal recomendations on the menu. We followed his lead. We ordered the tropical ceviche, and a few Parriada's, and a few botttles of wine. My family was so happy. We mention it was my fathers birthday. Can u beleive James arrived with a beautiful cake and sparklers for my father? The whole staff sing Happy Birthday to my Dad. OMG!!! Who expect this? We are passing by only. The cake was so delicious!!!, James gave me a to go box on the cake to take to my dormatory to share with my roomates.. The manager, Juli, (fogot the name), pass by serveral times to ensure all is good. wow!!! I never take a room at Tides, but I tell you now, I will do in future!!! Im so impressed on the service. James made my father, family, and me so happy!!! Im posting on the University of Miami board about Tides. wow.. Great Job!!! I never seen like this.. I will be back!!!

Room Tip: seasonal prices are always available to inquire at the front desk
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your most rewarding feedback on your recent visit to our wonderful restaurant, La Marea.

We strive to provide our visitors with a warm and genuine experience from arrival to departure and it is truly gratifying to know we were able to achieve this while you were with your family. I shared your recognition of our Restaurant Manager, Julio, as well as Jenny and James and they are ecstatic by your praise. I hope you will stop by again in the near future so you can try our new menu offerings.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain at your service.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Simply perfect! Amazing staff that made us feel at home! Me and my girlfriend stayed at the hotel for a week in August and we loved it! The sea view from our room was breathtaking you cant get enough of it.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are sea view but I would reccomend a higher floor to avoid the noise from ocean dr...
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stay for only 1 day as I was traveling through Miami on my way to the carribean. Francisco our personal assistant was very knowledgeable and professional and figured us out in a matter of minutes. I think the prices was average for South Beach but with how personal the service was and how clean and spacious the room was it was what made it stand out. I would stay here again in a heartbeat if I am in South Beach

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Steve112975

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your most candid feedback.

My team and I are pleased to have created a memorable experience for you. I shared your special recognition of my colleague, Francisco, and he is proud to have been recognized.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and remain at your service.