The Kent Hotel
$299
EDITION
  • Pool
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$178
$201
$168
Kimpton
$498
$369
$429
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$179
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$199
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$261
$230
Priceline
  • Beachfront
All reviewsin south beachfront deskocean drivebeach towelsrain showerthird floorcollins avenight lifethe location is perfectboutique hotelblockmiamiclubsjoseactionnightlifelincoln
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We recently stayed here for 3 nights following a cruise to the Bahamas. After looking around for a room that would sleep my family of 4, I settled on booking the Kent - only purely due to the competitive price. I was a little worried at what the hotel would be like after reading the reviews, but we found check in easy and hassle free. We were advised that the rooms were not guaranteed until the afternoon - however the hotel held our belongings for us so we could go out and explore and happened to call back into the hotel at 12 to get something from one of our cases and the room was ready for us!
The gent at the reception desk was very cheerful, knowledgeable and provided us with a map and information on the local area.

We arrived on a Friday night - and in hindsight with two children (8 and 6) it really wasn't an appropriate hotel. The bar next door to the hotel was very very noisy and went on until 3am. We had 2 very tired and miserable children the next day! If it wasn't the noise from the music of the bar and the noise of crowds of people, it was the noise from the airconditioning machine kicking in. The following morning we voiced our concerns to the reception desk and they were very helpful and advised we could change our room as soon as one was available later on that morning. We wasn't able to do this as we had an excursion booked to the everglades, so we resided we would stay in our room for that night and would change it for the last night. We braced ourself for another noisy night, and we were not affected by any noise or partying people or music! We didn't change rooms after this, and were undisturbed on the last night too.

We found the hotel very clean and tidy. The rooms are a little dated - but they were in keeping with the style of the hotel. Was I disappointed? No, as I had expected worse to be honest.
This hotel was in a fantastic location, just one block away from Ocean drive and just a 2 minute walk to the beach. I don't know if the hotel was situated in a gay area, or if there was some kind of event on - but there was quite a few same sex couples - openly declaring their love for each other on the beach. That was quite awkward them doing so with children around and to answer questions on why two men were kissing and cuddling on the beach!

I would highly recommend the little cuban cafe on the corner opposite the hotel for a great breakfast!!

Overall, for what our room cost at this hotel - I would say that it was very overpriced - but then again so are all hotels in SoBe !!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DonnyMoz
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I had to get away from the frozen wasteland that is Ohio this time of year, so we went to Florida for a week. The Kent Hotel was chosen, because we could bring our Standard Poodle. The first impression was a disappointment. They said they had Valet parking, so it was a bit of a surprise that they had no Bellhops. My wife packed a good percentage of her wardrobe, so it was fun lugging everything in. Then we went up an elevator that was an antique. It banged and scraped all the way up to the second floor. When my wife saw the hallway, she started to cry. It'd been a long trip, and she could only imagine what the suite looked like. But the tears were wasted, because the room was very nice. Since we had our dog, Star, along, the hardwood floor was appreciated. (Although I don't know when it was swept last!)
It's a funky, old, Art Deco style hotel that's a short block off Ocean Blvd and the beach. We slept well the first night, but were awakened very early by a whistling broken water pipe valve from the next room. And were awakened early again by noisy people upstairs. Very annoying.
Don't eat at the hotel restaurant. The food seemed right out of the Frozen Food section of the grocery store, and the drinks were small and almost devoid of spirits. But it was a lively place later in the week. You could smell the pot smoke a mile away.
But we did have fun. The closeness to Ocean Blvd was very nice. If you want dinner and a drink, a few short steps makes all the difference. We loved the Mia Bella Roma.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed there on 1/18/14 with some friends, before a cruise. Had never really done South Beach. THIS IS THE PLACE. Right at ground zero, everything within a block or two. Can't beat it for the price. Older building but super cool South Beach renovation, I'd give em 4 stars instead of 3. Great open air tiki type bar/restaurant adjoining. I'm 100% real from Cincinnati.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, you might just get hooked up with a suite. We did!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I wish I could say something good about this place, but I cant. There was a guy outside the hotel that asked to take my luggage, but I declined because he didn't have on a uniform-so I'm unsure if he was trying to steal my luggage or if he actually worked there. I didn't bother to even pull back the covers so I just slept on top of the covers. The hotel must have a really good photographer because it looks nicer online than in person. We were supposed to stay 3 nights, but only stayed 1 and went to the Cardoza. I left my jacket here trying to check out in a hurry. So I went back to the room to find it. To my shocking surprise, room service had already stripped the bed and there were BED BUGS all over the sheets!!! Just pay a few extra dollars and find somewhere sanitary.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Nothing fancy about the rooms but very clean, comfortable beds, which is most important.Rating could be average but price was good compared to other hotels and rooms were clean. We also had a fridge,flat screen, ice bucket and wine bottle cork remover. Plentiful clean white towels, air condition needs to be cleaned though, kinda musty when first turned on and can see vent needed cleaning. Great location. Carlos at front desk nice, funny. Luis helpful also, and Cynthia from housekeeping very nice, gave us beach towels which I did not know were available and showed us suites. Heard guys arguing/fighting one night, went on for quite awhile and when we mentioned it at the front desk (we were on the third floor by the elevator) the next day they apologized and said we should have called them about it, we should have but was late, we were tired and had door locked. I originally selected one night dinner online, it sounded good, when making my reservation, the middle level, $80 for two people, but was not charged for it so we decided to wing it elsewhere. We were charged for the breakfast I ordered online however, and website said it was normally $15 but if reserved and a hotel guest it was $10. Sign outside restaurant advertised breakfast for $9.95 for anyone off the street and hash browns were supposed to be part of it which they did not have, so two eggs, 1 piece of bacon and 1 sausage link and piece of white toast, no juice...NOT worth it. My friend got hers refunded because she can eat potatoes but not wheat (toast). Also late one night I went downstairs to the soda machine and wanted a diet soda but there were none so I went the bar and asked for one. Waitress went up to talk to a guy at bar (manager?) then came back to me, filled up a very small glass full of ice and before filling it told me four dollars! Really? Ridiculous... for a few sips of soda and to a hotel guest when the machine is a dollar? Forget it, went to the 24 hour market directly across the street and could anything I wanted to eat or snack on. I understand the online meal ordering is a new thing, staff an little unclear about it.

Room Tip: Suites looked pretty nice, I noticed a microwave in the one with the king bed but I don't think there was one in the suite with the two beds. They were nice though. our room overlooked a side street and no problem with noise other than guys fighting. Rooms overlooking Collins may be noisier since there was construction all up and down Collins.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends