“Very Bad staff” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #128 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Guatemala City, Guatemala, Guatemala
“Very Bad staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

The people in the front desk and almost all employees don't seem to be at your services.
The day that I arrived, nobody help me or my wife to carry the luggage, it was the same the day I check-out.

The standard room is very small, the door of the bathroom crash against the toilet, and is very small too.

For been in such touristic area, the customer service sucks.

The bathroom and room were very clean at least.

Try to improve you personal for customer service.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, try to rent the bigger rooms, the standars are very small.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Eddie N, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Oscar, I'm very sorry that we could not help you or your wife with your bags - I hope this was the only issue you had with staff as it was the only thing mentioned - it is a concern though as we typically get rave reviews about our employees, you can read the reviews and determine that yourself. We do not have a bellman to provide luggage service, so our staff tends to try to help anyone they can when they are not busy and see guests struggling with a large amount of luggage. The bathrooms in the property are not very big, but it is standard size for a hotel to be honest. Our rooms are slightly large than what you would expect from most hotels in the area. I truly wish we could do something to make it up to you, so if you would like to contact me please do so as I like to hear from all our clients whether its good or bad. You can contact me at 305-604-5068 Ext. 3001 or email me at sales@thekenthotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean but dated. We went for the advertised breakfast at $ 5.99. After we received our drinks we were told that the $ 5.99 breakfast was a mistake & it should be € 10.99, we objected to this & then price was reduced to $ 5.99. Needless to say our service we received diminished as a result. Please be up front with people & stop trying to dupe them.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I'm surprised to read this as I do not know of a special at the restaurant for $5.99, I do know they offer our clients a full breakfast for $9.95, so this might have been an honest mistake on their part, they did the right thing by given you the incorrectly posted price on their specials board, but the service should not have diminished, if anything you should be thanked for pointing out the mistake so it does not occur with other guests, please accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of the restaurant, they are not directly managed or owned by the hotel but they always treat our guests with the utmost respect, so I will show the restaurant owners this review so that they are aware if they haven't been informed already. Once again, I apologize for the confusion, I hope your stay was not ruined because of this.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Me and some friends stayed at the Kent back in 2011 and loved it - the staff were great, the adjacent bar was pumping and the location is hard to beat for the price!
So when we planned another trip to Miami we went straight to the Kent's site to book here again, and brought several of our other friends to stay there too.
However I felt a little disappointed after this stay, compared to the first. The construction going on outside is a pain however I know this isn't the hotels fault so can overlook that. However the construction happening inside the hotel was loud and started too early for a holiday destination where a lot of people stay out late and would like to sleep in past 8.30am! The rooms were being renovated last trip so how they are not all completed in 2 years I don't know! Our room (level 2) was older with a very mouldy bathroom yet our friends had a lovely renovated room on level 3.
We know the Kent isnt 5 star and generally were ok with the rooms but it was the staffs lack of friendliness that killed the hotel for us this time! A few old timers were still there and they were great but the new staff were rude and unhelpful, got angry when we had to keep getting new keys cos they stopped working (trust me, we didnt want to have to keep going up to our room only to find we couldnt open the door either), and gave us completely wrong information about tours and local attractions.
The restaurant & bar that we loved before has now changed hands and wasnt open a single morning we were there even though they have a breakfast menu and are supposed to open at 8am.
And we werent really given any appreciation or thanks for being repeat customers.
So even though the location, value and rooms are still pretty good, I'd think twice before staying here or recommending the Kent if Im ever in Miami again.

Room Tip: Level 3 rooms are newly renovated, level 2 ones aren't.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank shannatic
Dear Shanatic, I felt horrible reading your review, specifically because you trusted us to provide you with a similar experience from your last go-round and it seems that we literally dropped the ball with you and your friends, and you are coming all the way from Australia!!. It is a horrible coincidence that both times you stayed with us there was some type of renovation going on, we do not renovate all year round, we typically wait for our low season (June through November) to do any big projects, this year we renovated all of the bathrooms in the second floor and we will most likely follow suit next year on the first floor. I'm very interested in speaking to you in person, as I would like to gather some details on your stay, as there are several things that concern me which you mentioned. We do not allow contractors to start work prior to 9 A.M., so that should have never happened - also any employee that seemed "angry" with a guest over any issue needs to be spoken with, so I would urge to contact me as I would like your help in figuring out whom that was. Please contact me at 305-604-5068 Ext. 3001 or via email at sales@thekenthotel.com - we would like to keep you coming back as a repeat guest, and I think special considerations should be given to you because you are a repeat customer - please contact me if you can!
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Do not expect luxury hotel, but it is perfect for this price. We stayed in this hotel 4 nights from Oct 21-25, '13. This is a nice, inexpensive and clean hotel with friendly staff at perfect location in South Beach. The room we stayed in was clean, cozy, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom was renovated and very nice. We were facing Collins and we heard no noise from the street, even though there was construction going on Collins Street. The windows were really good isolating the noise. If you get there with a car, ask front desk staff to get you parking for $20 per night. Regular is $25+ in SoBe.
If this is your first time in South Beach, be prepared for very pricey dinning. We recommend Ocean Drive for breakfast and lunch, and Lincoln Ave. (street) for dinner. There is much better deal and quiter.
We love Sobe and can not wait come there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vancouverites604
Dear Guests, thank you for the positive review, I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the property, but most importantly that you found the staff to be very friendly! I will hope that should you come back to Miami Beach, that you would come back to stay with us!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The location was excellent. 1 block away from all the action of Ocean Drive as well as 1 block away from the clubs on Washington Ave. Check in was quick and my room was ready before check in time. The room was a little small but it was fine for what I wanted it for. The staff was excellent. The front desk clerk Jose was the best. Anything I needed, he got for me without hesitation. My only complaint was the construction going on up and down Collins Ave. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Frank C
Eddie N, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you Frank for the wonderful review - very glad to read you had a great time, and that Jose was there to help you with anything you might need! Very sorry about the construction though, this unfortunately will be on-going for the next few months, the only good news would be that the Miami Beach will no longer be underwater when heavy down pours hit the area (they are fixing the drainage system) and that our block (11th and Collins Avenue) has already had the major repairs done to it, they have moved the construction up to the next few blocks (12th and 13th Street) so it is not the eye sore nor the inconvenience it must have been when you stayed with us.
Largo, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at "Kent" for 1 night. The ONLY good thing is the location. Right in the heart of everything. But the rooms were not cleaned properly, plenty of long black hair all over the place etc. That is disgusting! I don't expect the hotel to be as clean or new as my house, but c'mon!!! We were group of ten and very tight with time, otherwise I was goona take it upon myself and clean it to show them how it's done... Simply put - would not stay there again even 4 free.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Andy, I am very disappointed about the comments in your review, I would like to speak to you personally and get further details regarding your stay, if you could contact me at your earliest convenience at sales@thekenthotel.com or call me at 305-604-5068, I will do whatever I can to make this up to you, even though I am aware that you most likely will not come back to stay with us, it is the least we can do for you.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I love the location and the vibe of this hotel so I booked it for a third time. Checkin was smooth if not exactly welcoming. We booked a superior king with a view of Collins. The room and the bathroom were clean and bright. Wall to wall windows. Lots of street noise too. I like that but some people might object.
The room was in general nice but our fridge was broken. Room 319 btw. Three calls and one visit to the front desk yielded no response. That never got resolved.
Our second day, housekeeping cleaned the room but left no towels in the room. I went downstairs after the front desk didnt answer the phone to get towels and i was told (by the same apathetic guy who checked us in) they would bring them up. It took over 30 mins to get them.
Add to that construction on collins in front of the hotel (think jack hammers at 8am) and a broken water system on the day that we left added to a not so pleasant experience.
The rooms really are nice and the adjacent restaurant is amazing. And the location well the heart of SoBe its a draw if I will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Fly, out of all the negative reviews it pains me most to read this one - even though you scored us as a 3 out of 5, its depressing to know that we dropped the ball with you, and even more so after knowing that you have come here time and time again. I urge you, to please contact me, either at 305-604-5068 or email me at sales@thekenthotel.com - I promise you that we will make this up to you, and that you will want to come stay with us again! The issue with the fridge, as well as the towels should never occur, our housekeeping is trained to check the fridge every time they service a room, and their last task of servicing a room is to do a quick inventory check of the towel supply in that room, it seems that both of these tasks were glossed over and never actually done! With regards to the construction, that really is out of our control, the city of Miami Beach has a serious flooding problem when heavy down pours hit the area, and the City is currently trying to remedy that problem by re-doing the drainage system, hence why there is so much construction currently going on in Collins Avenue, also so that you are aware the lack of water on that day was also associated with the work the City is doing, the water had to be cut off for 2 hours while they worked on the system outside of the hotel - I'm very sorry for the inconveniences that this caused, but as mentioned earlier, I implore you to contact me regarding your stay, you will not be disappointed.