The Kent Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dream South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
Ocean Reef Suites(Miami Beach)
View Hotel
The Stiles Hotel South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
The Marlin Hotel(Miami Beach)
Hotel Victor(Miami Beach)
Impala Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
La Flora(Miami Beach)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Ocean(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsin south beachfront deskocean drivebeach towelsrain showerthird floorcollins avenight lifethe location is perfectboutique hotelblockmiamiclubsjoseactionnightlifelincoln
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I love the location and the vibe of this hotel so I booked it for a third time. Checkin was smooth if not exactly welcoming. We booked a superior king with a view of Collins. The room and the bathroom were clean and bright. Wall to wall windows. Lots of street noise too. I like that but some people might object.
The room was in general nice but our fridge was broken. Room 319 btw. Three calls and one visit to the front desk yielded no response. That never got resolved.
Our second day, housekeeping cleaned the room but left no towels in the room. I went downstairs after the front desk didnt answer the phone to get towels and i was told (by the same apathetic guy who checked us in) they would bring them up. It took over 30 mins to get them.
Add to that construction on collins in front of the hotel (think jack hammers at 8am) and a broken water system on the day that we left added to a not so pleasant experience.
The rooms really are nice and the adjacent restaurant is amazing. And the location well the heart of SoBe its a draw if I will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Eddie N, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Fly, out of all the negative reviews it pains me most to read this one - even though you scored us as a 3 out of 5, its depressing to know that we dropped the ball with you, and even more so after knowing that you have come here time and time again. I urge you, to please contact me, either at 305-604-5068 or email me at sales@thekenthotel.com - I promise you that we will make this up to you, and that you will want to come stay with us again! The issue with the fridge, as well as the towels should never occur, our housekeeping is trained to check the fridge every time they service a room, and their last task of servicing a room is to do a quick inventory check of the towel supply in that room, it seems that both of these tasks were glossed over and never actually done! With regards to the construction, that really is out of our control, the city of Miami Beach has a serious flooding problem when heavy down pours hit the area, and the City is currently trying to remedy that problem by re-doing the drainage system, hence why there is so much construction currently going on in Collins Avenue, also so that you are aware the lack of water on that day was also associated with the work the City is doing, the water had to be cut off for 2 hours while they worked on the system outside of the hotel - I'm very sorry for the inconveniences that this caused, but as mentioned earlier, I implore you to contact me regarding your stay, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here for three nights for a bit of a stopover on my way back home. Check in was great, the two guys were friendly and funny and got me checked in very quickly. I had a corner standard King room, overlooking Collins. The decor of the hotel was very Miami (In a good way) and the room was huge and relaxing. It seemed like it should have been more expensive. The location was terrific! A block away from the beach and a 1 minute walk to the bars and restaurants of Ocean Drive. The bed was very comfy, and the towels were the fluffiest I've ever had in a hotel! If I'm ever in Miami again, I'd definitely come back here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tom B

Thank you Tom for the awesome review - I don't think I have ever read any review or comment where a client said "It seemed like it should have been more expensive", we obviously see that as a huge compliment, and I thank you for mentioning it, if you do ever plan to come back to Miami Beach please contact me directly as I would be able to offer you a better rate than anything you can find online!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September with my two friends. We were able to check in early and the staff were friendly and helpful, especially the towel man. The rooms were clean and the cleaners were also very welcoming.

The hotel is in the perfect location and only one block back from the beach. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

I would not recommend eating at the hotel restaurant. My friends and I went there on the first night and ordered appetizers. The food was horrible and was fried oven food. We ordered cocktails and they were in small cups. The waiter was also very rude and when we asked for sauce that was meant to come with the food we ordered he told us on two occasions he would be back only to go out the front and talk to his friends and bring it to our table after we finished eating. There were two other families eating in the restaurant when we were there and they also complained about the service.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank JessicaA999

Dear Jessica, thank you for the kind words about the hotel. Even though we do not own or manage the restaurant, the feedback they receive is important to us as we have a mutual interest in our clients, I will forward this review to the owners of the Garden Bar and Grill so they are aware of guest opinions about their establishment. Once again, thank you for the positive review.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here a while ago for two nights after a cruise and I don't know why I didn't write a review sooner! The staff at the front desk were absolutely amazing! They helped us with all questions we had and were very friendly. They even arranged an Everglades tour for us and gave us some recommendations when we were trying to decide what tours to do. It is so convenient that they have tour info and most pick you up right at the hotel! It was great and we really appreciated the helpful advice from the front desk staff!

As for the hotel itself; it was super clean and our standard room was great! It had a very "hip" vibe and was everything you'd expect a South Beach hotel to be, in my opinion. We had never stayed at "boutique hotel" before and i wasn't sure what to expect. We were so glad we tried it because it was a great experience and i would recommend to anyone for sure!

We cruise quite often and plan on coming back to Miami again soon. We will for sure choose to stay at Kent and will be bringing another couple with us this time ! (Hopefully they have availability!)

Awesome time!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Chelsea for your kind and positive words, please contact us directly if you plan on staying at the hotel again, we do take into account repeat clients and would offer you a better rate than you can find online.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I enjoyed the hotel and its staff: Chris and Joel were very helpful with making our stay a pleasing experience with their courteousness. Also, their house man was very observant and would take our beach towels when we arrived and kept the lobby clean.We never needed a cab and Jose gave us great recommendations to eat withing walking distance. The closest's are huge! Our rooms were always clean and tidy when we arrived but the housekeepers wouldn't always turn off the lights or close the doors completely, which is a serious security issue. The restaurant also hired a jerk promoter that you should avoid unless you like begin scammed. Considering it was a holiday weekend, we had a great stay and the hotel is perfect for people that like to explore the area!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, thank you for the positive review, I will be using this review to educate our housekeeping staff on properly closing the doors, our guests safety is the most important priority of our operation, this will be corrected immediately I assure you. With regards to the restaurant promoter, this is a decision solely made by the restaurant as we do not own or manage that business, but I will be speaking with the restaurants owners and bringing this review to light, anything that they do that is a detriment to our clients or the service you receive will not be tolerated. I thank you for pointing these issues out, and I'm very happy to see that in your eyes the hotel still deserved a positive review and did not let those things affect how you scored our establishment. Thank you once again!