“Great price, great location, great stay”
Review of The Kent Hotel

The Kent Hotel
Ranked #84 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I decided to go away from the children for a weekend and live it up is "Sobe". Our stay was wonderful, everyone was nice and helpful. We were in the heart of the beach and had a great time. The rooms were nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. Can't wait to come back to Miami soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emily g
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Emily, thank you so much for the review, we are glad to know you enjoyed your weekend away from the kids!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

OK I arrived at the Kent hotel at 1:00pm with 4 other women knowing checkin time wasn't until 4:00pm so only one of the rooms was available at 1:00pm so I camped out in my friend room until 4:00pm well the time came and went Kent couldn't get me and my sister in our room until after 7:00pm. This hotel doesnt look anything like the pictures they have on there website. It looks like a hotel for "druggies" burn marks on the night stand linen was very dirty I was scared to even be there. Glad its was for only one night would night recommend this only for your pet its still not good enough for animals. AVOID THE KENT ITS A PIECE OF CRAP WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN...... EVER NOT EVEN IF ITS FREE

Room Tip: BEWARE better of sleeping on the beach the pictures are a lie
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SassyazzThang
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Guest, I'm a little surprised reading your review, we guarantee that our rooms will be ready by 4 P.M., should you wish to contact me and provide me with the details of your reservation (and the group you traveled with) I would be able to verify what time you checked in and a partial refund would be in order if that was indeed the case (email me at sales@thekenthotel.com or call me at 305-604-5068 Ext. 3001) - I disagree with most of your opinions but you are entitled to them, hopefully I will hear from you soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel has cheerful front desk staff and the location is the best feature. We had a third floor queen room, which was rather small and cramped. The shower was poorly designed the room lacked a tub. The bathroom was tiny. The lighting too dim and the fridge and air condition was very noisy. Overall, if on a budget, this hotel is a good find, only because of the location and most other hotels are ridiculously expensive. The location is perfect, close to the action but far enough to not be bothered by the noise. Also, very close to the beach. Three words........ Location is prime!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FriendlyTripper

Dear Guest, thank you for the review, as someone with extensive experience traveling I would love to speak to you personally about your stay, not only to find out what room you occupied so that I can inspect it personally, but to hear your thoughts and suggestions on what our establishment can do to improve and win the opinion of a traveler such as yourself, please reach out to me if you can at 305-604-5068 Ext. 3001

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We loved the location, friendly staff, almost all of them are spanish and english speakers, free WiFi, clean rooms.

We choose a one bed room, and the bed was confortable, the window view wasn't the best, if we opened the window, the only thing we can see, is another building.

If need information, the staff always can help you.

2  Thank MoraTheBeat

Thank you Mora for the positive review, as you pointed out staff is always willing to help, we take great pride on the service we provide!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I say this place is perfect because not only was it economical, but it was very nice and comfortable. The location was great, and easy access to nearby attractions. The beach was only 2mins away maybe less! The only downfall was that our jacuzzi didn't work, but other than that, great visit!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you Stephanie for the wonderful review!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

If I had known more about this hotel, I would not have booked it. Admittedly we arrived at noon and the room would not be ready until 4pm. The staff took our suitcase and stored it away. We were offered towels for the beach which was kind, but we had other plans. The hotel is located only a 10 minute walk from the beach which is handy.

When we popped back to the hotel at 2pm our room was ready. As you can see from the photos it was rather basic. Clean and tidy, it felt like it needed a bit of a feminine touch. The bathroom was a little grotty, but it was clean.

I felt a little too old to stay at this hotel as the average age of customers seemed to be 21. It's a long time since I stayed at a youth hostel. This came close.

On the plus side, free wifi was the best feature of the hotel.

Room Tip: Try for a room away from the road. We heard every car and the rubbish truck as well.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Clare, thank you for your honest opinion about our hotel, I would concur with you and say that there are "better" hotels than ours in South Beach, as we do not compete/compare with the Ritz for example but when put up against a similar sized boutique property we are more than confident that the value you receive from us is better than most. Once again thank you for your review!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this Hotel during Miami Gay Pride. I've stayed here once before with my mother and I thought, hey, why not give it another shot. The reason I rate this as 5 STAR Excellent is because I truly did receive great customer service. I work in that field and so I do expect it back, It started from the moment I booked my reservations with Luis, he was very kind and helpful. Then arriving around 2:30ish and spoke with the front desk Jose, he as well was very kind and helpful and fulfilled my request of having a window face the street not the alley. We loved the room he provided us. THANK YOU again Jose!! There are a few Jose's that are employed there. ALL of them were nice and helpful. Carlos, thank you for your kindness. Also for responding quickly for a very very minor leak in the bathroom. Gracias, Jose Sr.! To all the mami housekeeping staff...thank you. Luis, thanks for the towels when my girl and I got soaked in rain. And big thanks for the shot of Cortadito! I needed it at that moment!

One thing to express as well is that they welcomed all types of people there. No judge. NOH8! Kent will always be the choice for me when I come chill in SoBe!! Literally 1 block from the beach. David's Cafe is right around the corner. As well as a liquor store and scooter rental. The Kent Hotel is the perfect location for pretty much everything. Yes, There is no pool, but why? The beach is literally around the corner. They provide you beach towels and plentiful information when asked. I even saw the guys provide an umbrella to a sweet older lady. Thanks for the great experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for the excellent review, nothing truly makes my day better than reading about staff interaction with guests and knowing that one of the main reasons for a satisfied customer was the service they received from our employees! We really hope you come back to stay with us, please contact us directly next time you plan to travel down to Miami Beach (sales@thekenthotel.com) and I will make sure to get you a great deal on one of our top rooms!