“Stat”
Review of The Kent Hotel

The Kent Hotel
Ranked #95 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've stayed here twice with my boyfriend and would have done so again on our next trip but the hotel is fully booked for our travel dates. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The bathrooms are small but this isn't an issue for us. The staff were friendly and knowledgable. The hotel couldn't be in a better location - just one block from Ocean Drive and in the middle of all the action. There is also a car park adjacent to the hotel which is very convenient.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa M M
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Lisa, thank you for your trust and patronage, nothing speaks more highly about our establishment than to see guests come back to stay with us again and again even though there are hundreds of hotels in Miami Beach, please reach out to us in the future should you not be able to find rooms online (send us an email at sales@thekenthotel.com), we typically hold a room or two to sell directly once we are almost full! Thank you again for the positive review!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The location of the Kent Hotel is great. Great service the manager Jose Martinez is great, always helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel. Many great places to eat in the area. The beach is a five minute walk from the hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rgfarm

Dear Guest, thank you for the kind words, Jose is an important part of our team, he always receives rave reviews from our clients, and it is always nice to read positive comments about staff, we are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

At first I was skeptical on staying at The Kent looking at the previous reviews. Ive stayed on south beach before and had horrible experiences with hotels. I decided to take a chance at this hotel cause of the price and location. Also everywhere else was booked on the weekend I traveled. When I got there the staff were very friendly Jose and also the Manager Jose. We stayed on the third floor in a Queen room it was clean and had the amenities needed, some people would consider it small but if its just a couple or two people it works just fine. The walls are thin where you could hear music but it usually ends at a decent hour. Overall, The hotel staff was great, morning shift, afternoon shift and also nigh shift. Housekeeping staff was also excellent! I would stay at The Kent again ! It was a great location, clean and affordable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EMMDOT

Dear Guest, thank you for the great review, we take even more pride in your words since you are a frequent visitor of South Beach and have stayed at various hotels in the area and ended up pleasantly surprised with our property, we hope to have you back in the near future real soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed for one night in January 2013 before jet setting home to Australia after a cruise.
The Pros:
Design: great building, very pretty and art deco. Well renovated.
The Location: brilliant location, close to the beach and some great restaurants. All within five minutes walking distance. some excellent shops nearby.
Cleanliness: very clean and newly renovated. No dust or dirt anywhere.
The Staff: the staff on the front desk were very kind. They let me use their phone to make a few calls at 11:30 at night which I appreciated. (however the in room phone didn't work - hence why I had to use theirs). However they didn't charge for the calls which was lovely.
Free WiFi!

The Cons:
The Bed: was hard as a rock and you couldn't move a muscle without a dreadfully loud groan/screech sound coming from the mattress and base of the bed. We listened to the persons bed next door groan all night.
The Bathroom: was so little that you could barely shut the door without hitting the toilet. There was also no toilet roll holder - which sounds rather trivial, but as there really wasn't a basin either to put the loo paper on, it kept falling on the floor!!

Overall, I would stay here again, but I'd ask them about the crazy squeaky beds first! There are a lot of beautiful art deco hotels in this area, so maybe I'd look around, too!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzi B
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Suzi, thank you for the review - please email me at sales@thekenthotel.com so I know which room you stayed in, I will personally inspect the bed and most likely it will be tossed out and a new mattress will be purchased for it, once again thank you for your review!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Upon checking into this hotel we had a coach party of 'kids' waiting to check in at reception. Luckily and very kindly a man checked us in to one side. The room was large and spacious, TV, OK bed, Premier Inn type looking place, fridge, no coffee facilities. Had a lovely bathroom with walk in shower. After about an hour we wanted a shower & it was freezing, I was informed as the group had checked in they had used all the water, the next night, same time, luke warm water?? Morning shower was lovely & hot! We spent 2 nights at this hotel and for 2 nights I got about 2 hours sleep! I complained both nights about the 'kids' in the corridor making a LOT of noise but they carried on. The first night they seemed to have a 'watch' as when someone came they all shouted 'scatter'. The second night the porter did nothing from our point of view. The 'party' room was right across from us. As it was spring break you expect a certain amount of noise but not ALL night. There should be someone in charge of these groups. The hotel should have allocated a floor for them as we saw other guests who obviously experienced the same as us. Upon check out at 7am, we had had enough. A random man in reception at the desk asked if we had had a nice time to which we replied no, & couldn't wait to leave because of the noise, the reception staff said nothing! The hotel is a block from Ocean Drive so good location and it had free Wifi. If I was to goto Miami again I wouldn't choose this establishment based on the fact the hotel staff were not sympathetic towards other 'proper' guests. We parked in the car park 2 blocks away at $20, was not offered valet parking at the Kent. (There is a parking lot right next door they charge $20 plus tax but be aware they seem to change the price when they want even though they had a board to display the prices).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mandyflyme

Dear Mandy, let me apologize for the issues you encountered, during the month of March and Spring Break in general we do have lots of noise complaints and even though you might feel like there is nothing done we lose large amounts of revenue solely on the guests whom we ask to leave the property after failing to quiet down...the hotel does all it can to minimize this issue but late night party goers usually a little intoxicated do not realize the extent of noise they cause when entering and leaving the property...once again, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I hate this hotel. Passionately. The guys at the front desk were okay, slight attitude problem like a bunch of angry chics, but decent sometimes nonetheless. The rooms look like a rape prison, our fire alarm kept going off, there were never any clean towels and always a false promise to deliver some. So not only do they want to keep you baracaded in the design of a rape prison they don't want you to shower. Gives the rape prison experience a true feel! Shower water never stays hot, the elevator is a death trap and never works. Just being completely honest you should spend your money elsewhere and get a much better room. They don't clean the bathrooms, hair and dirt rings are all over the tub. They take a white towel and throw it over a stick, poor water on the floor and that's how they clean their bathroom floors. Classy. The beds felt like factory rejects, they make TONS of noise to accompany the hard uncomfortable feeling. It's just ... Tragic.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ACMVII

Wow....I assume from the beginning of this review that it would have some bias, so I'm not surprised at the overall theme later piled on...what is a little disturbing is your reference to a "rape prison"? I'm not sure if anything of its kind even exists so I will take your review with a grain of salt since hyperbole and sarcasm seem to be your writing style...I will not issue a detailed reply, but I do want to mention to you and anyone whom might feel like this a simple alternative, you can check-out, our hotel policy is very simple, if you check-in and do not like the hotel for whatever reason you may leave and we will not charge you a penny should you choose to.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This place was fairly well priced with a good location. The service is terrible so don't expect anything great.

Took them 5 hours to get us a blanket and new towels. Called them at 9, 10, 12, 1am. Blankets came at 2am.

If your are trying to save money and stay close to the beach it's a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank tomb4life

Dear Guest, thank you for the review, I'm not sure why it would take so long to give you extra blankets but I assure you it is not the norm nor will we tolerate it...I'm sorry for the lack of expediency when pertaining to your repeated requests.