WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Great stay in South Beach! Will likely stay there next year. Great service all the time! Staff is most helpful from the local ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kent Hotel

The Kent Hotel
Ranked #129 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Top Notch!!!!!
Excellent - Trip advisor is the best!
Thanks!
Jerry R.
Hotel terrific. Great location.
Great service all the time.
Very clean / immaculate facility!!!
Great location !!!!
I consider this facility fantastic!!
Will suggest this to many travelers ..

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank JerryRos
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Jerry thank you for the great review, its always nice to know that we are a preferred hotel of choice to some of our guests!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had some business to take care of down in south Beach Miami, so I decided to book a room in the area so I wouldn't have had to drive in and out South Beach Miami. It was only for one night, so I wasn't really picky; I booked a room at Kent Hotel right on Collins Ave.

I have never heard about the hotel before. I read reviews and they were all average. The rooms look great on pictures, but I wasn't dreaming about that.

When I arrived at the hotel, there were 2 couples in front of me, the first one was already checking-in. And since there was only one staff at the front desk, we all had to wait. For some reason, the check-in process was taking too long (in my opinion). Then finally the first couple went through. The staff at the front desk got a phone call and started talking for like 5 min while the second couple was waiting. They had given him their passports, but because he was on the phone talking, he couldn't properly focus and retrieve their reservation. I could tell that the couple (French people) was annoyed by what was going on there. I almost told the guy "can you please tell the person on the phone to hold on so you check these guests in...” Finally, when he hung up, he told the couple that he couldn't retrieve their reservation. They assured him that they booked and had a confirmation. He looked again, found it and goes "I need a coffee..." Yeah right, coffee at 5pm!

Anyway, my check-in went a bit faster and I was in my room in no time. The room was clean and there was enough space. The hotel has nice color painting and I liked the smell in the corridor and in the room.
They offer free Wi-Fi and they can organize ride from/to the airport (MIA) for you if you wish. I had a rental car, so I didn’t need any ride organized for me to the airport. The hotel doesn't have parking; so either you park on the street and pay at the meter, or you 25$ for 24hrs (unlimited in and out) right next to the hotel. In my case, I went out and came back after 1am, so I parked on the street and paid the meter for 8hrs.

At some point, I had an issue with a parking ticket in front of the hotel before I went out, and the same staff who was on the phone when I checked in was very helpful and super friendly; so I figured maybe he just wasn't in the mood at the time of check-in. But then again, that’s not the way it’s supposed to be, guests should be treated right, especially at the time of check-in.
The location of Kent Hotel is great, right on Collins Ave where you have access to everything you need. If you are going to South Beach Miami to have fun or party, and it’s expected that you may spend most of your time outside of your room, this could be a good deal for you.

The only issue I had with this hotel was the fact that the walls are so thin, and guests staying in the room next to mine were playing loud music late at night...it was like they were right in my room. I had to turn the tv on for me to avoid listening the rap they were playing. Eventually, they stopped and I could sleep. So if you are looking for a good and quiet night sleep in South Beach Miami, this hotel may not be the first top of your list.

That being said, I was satisfied with my experience and I wouldn't mind staying there again, especially if I don't have a car with me.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk staff where is the best place to park if you have a car.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, thank you for the review, I agree wholeheartedly that the Front Desk did not handle the check-in process correctly, as you stated they should have asked the person on the phone to please hold so that he may process the guests that are in front of him, for this I apologize...I would like to correct one thing that you pointed out, that is parking, the hotel does offer a Valet parking service for only $20.00 per night (very reasonable price compared to other hotels in South Beach)...once again thank you for the honest review, we hope to see you again in the near future!!
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Location, location!! The greatest asset of this hotel is its proximity to the beach, the boardwalk and Ocean Drive. Lots of things to see and do, great places to eat that are within walking distance. A group of us stayed here and were wisely advised not to bother with a rental car. For the short amount of time we spent in Miami Beach, we didn't need a vehicle (didn't need to worry about parking!) and the location of the Kent Hotel was ideal. Francois made reservations for us to a restaurant he recommended and arranged for transportation for us to the airport. They provided beach towels to guests as well. Great service! We just had a few issues about the hotel itself since it looks like an old but renovated building. The room assigned to us was close to the street, so we can hear noise even with closed windows. Our room configuration was odd - the beds are blocking the entrance to the rest of the room. You just have to see it! Very small and tight bathrooms; unless you are in a suite, the sink space is tiny. We didn't have hot water at certain times of the day (mid-morning); warm to lukewarm at best. Our TV did not have good reception the first night. When all these were brought to the attention of the management, they were very accommodating and gave us a discount on our room rate. I think they really aim for customer satisfaction. For a short stay in Miami Beach and if all the traveler needs is a clean room to sleep in, then this hotel will be more than adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the street. Inspect the room first to make sure the beds don't block th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, thank you for the positive review, even though that some of the problems you faced were minor we are not content on allowing them to happen in the first place, so I apologize for any inconvenience you might have encountered...if you can reach out to me at sales@thekenthotel.com and let me know which room you stayed in it would greatly help us correct the bedding situation for that room, thanks again!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a 1 queen bed room.
Air conditioner was loud even when it was turned off. Kept me up at night
A bit shabby
Room was not properly cleaned, floor still had sand all over
Basic room good for the price.
Good location
Helpful staff when i wanted to book the evergaldes tour and bus boat tour of miami and biscayne bay

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest, I'm confused as to the A/C being noisy even when turned off? Please contact me at your earliest convenience, I would like to speak to you in detail about your reservation and experience, you may reach me at sales@thekenthotel.com or 305-604-5068 Ext. 3001

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Montevideo, Uruguay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Nice rooms, clean bathrooms. We asked for a quiet room and stayed at the back, no noise. Comfortable bed, really clean. Friendly and helpful staff, they gave us good advice on what to see and do, they provide beach towels and even lent us an ubrella on a rainy day! Thanks for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank adrita2012
Dear Guest thank you for the great review, good to know you enjoyed your stay and that you found staff to be pleasant and accommodating
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We wanted to stay in South Beach after a cruise so we booked one night here at the Kent. I called and talked to Francois directly to book. He was awesome and very knowledgeable about the area. Prices were great compared to others on Collins and our room was clean. We couldn't get in to our room until 4 so they upgraded us to a suite. The Orchid room. There is street noise but you are in South Beach what do you expect? Thanks Francois I will be back, and I am still working on a good Viking name for you. Erik

Room Tip: Any of the suites are great. They have jacuzzis and huge bathrooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Erik O
Thank you Erik for the wonderful review, glad to know you found Francois to be very hospitable and enjoyed your stay, please come back and stay with us again.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place is conveniently located on Collins Avenue and 11th Street. Is walking distance from everything, but needs some serious work. The rates were somehow ok, 150 dollars a night, but nothing included with it... No even water...The Housekeeping services were very cordial and friendly but the front desk was not...In fact when checking in, the guy gave a whole speech to a french couple about what to do and where to go and when it came to us.. Nothing... and He barely said welcome...? Maybe is not gay friendly? There is weird smell when you get inside...We stayed two nights and not sure we will return.. They allow smoking in some rooms....They can seriously improve...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JorgeNYC718
Dear Jorge&Christian, thank you for the review - not sure why the Front Desk did not greet you in the same manner as the couple before you but we are a people friendly hotel regardless of your sex, race, gender etc. etc. - we have an orange scented air purifier in the lobby maybe that was the weird smell? Please contact me at sales@thekenthotel.com or 305-604-5068 Ext. 3001, I would like to speak to you and get your thoughts and recommendations what you would like to see improvement on