All reviews in south beach front desk ocean drive beach towels rain shower third floor night life collins ave boutique hotel block miami clubs luis action nightlife lincoln
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Really nice to stay in Miami, firstly we got upgraded to a king size room which was a nice touch, really nice room. The bathroom needs some refurbishment work but think the hotel is in the middle of it.
Want to say a big thank you to the front desk staff who held are camera we left behind for us and made sure UPS picked it up and delivered it to us.
Not cheap, but no place in south beach is, recomended!!

Date of stay: November 2012
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you Rick for the great review, happy to hear your belongings were safely stored and you were able to get them back quickly!

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Kent for the last two days an have to spend my last night there, can't wait this to be over. The elevator safety certificate expired two months ago. Every time you take a ride on that elevator the door slams very violently and in a dangerous way. Both the halls and the room smell badly. We were welcomes by a receptionist playing guitar with his feet on the table; I'm not kidding!! The bathroom door in my room does not open because it bumps on the toilet. It's been two days I cannot sleep because the rooms are very noisy, both because of noise within the room (very noisy AC and refrigerator that I had to unplug to let me sleep) and because of the noise outside the room: I can hear the elevator door slamming all night long, my neighboring hotel guests screaming or having intimate times, and such. Bathroom is questionably cleaned. I asked to change my room because of the issues above and staff confirmed availability in the morning only to refuse it on the very next evening. Most times staff is rude at you and unhelpful. In summary, it is being an horrible experience and i hope I will be done with it very soon. Do not go to the Kent!!!!!!!

3  Thank alessandrogZ8200TU

Dear Alessandro, I'm very sorry to read your review and imagine the poor experience you must have had - please contact me at your earliest convenience to sales@thekenthotel.com or via phone to 305-604-5068 (Ext. 3001) - I would like to speak to you personally to find out the details about your stay, and to see if there is anything we could do to make it up to you and earn your trust once again. I can tell you though that the elevator certificate being expired is correct, but it does not mean that the elevator is not up to code, the City inspects it twice a year and for some reason they take quite a long time sending out the certificates, I can assure you with a 100% certainty it was inspected and approved even with the new certificate not on the property yet.

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Just an average hotel in a great location, If you want to be right in south beach and are looking for a bargain stay here. The rooms were decent and tidy. It may be a little rowdy late night on the weekends but it is south beach. I would stay again if on a budget.

Date of stay: December 2011

Thank you Kyle for the positive review!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked this room online as it was a bit cheaper than what their website offered. The staff was extremely friendly and personable. They worked hard to get a room ready for me because I was a bit early. While I was checking in I was able to chat with the cleaning lady and she personally made sure my room was spotless. My room was very clean, and a good firm bed (which I love), but the room only had a shower. That's fine with me.

Room tip: I had room 101. I could hear hall noise occasionally but I was right by the front desk. No funny smells and a good cold A/C.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank killawes420

Dear Guest thank you for the great review!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com