The Kent Hotel
Kimpton
$517
$362
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$179
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$249
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$262
$248
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$183
$172
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsin south beachfront deskocean drivebeach towelsrain showerthird floorcollins avenight lifethe location is perfectboutique hotelblockmiamiclubsjoseactionnightlifelincoln
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Got a good rate off hotels.com. No pool but close to the beach, rooms were clean, the staff was very helpful. The hotel is old and the crowd is pot smoking young , so if that's what you are looking for , you'll get your money worth.

• Stayed: October 2012
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Alice thank you for your review, it's unfortunate that sometimes our other guests can leave a bad impression of our hotel on others, I'm glad to see it did not affect your ranking of our establishment!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been in the Kent Hotel in Miami Beach for around a week. It was a nice stay with friendly staff. The receptionists help you whenever you need help, and for whatever you need help, simply cool they have always a joke in their pocket to make your day better :D. Also the rooms were cleaned regularly and were quite comfotable.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to be taken good care of and stay at a good spot close to all happenings in Miami.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest thank you for the wonderful review, we hope to have you back on site soon!!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were here for hitting up Ocean Drive, which it is the perfect hotel for since it is right around the block. The room was spartan, but clean and completely outfitted, with a tv, fridge, safe and even had amenities in the bathroom. It can get pretty noisy, depending on the drunkness of your neighbors...

The reception area looks better than the rest of the hotel, but all in all, I reckon it's a great place to stay if you're partying in Miami Beach. It's cheap and conveniently located...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Thomas thank you for the positive review.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am currently in the middle of a 2 week tour up the east coast of the USA. This was my first stop. First let me say that the location is excellent, and the room not bad,clean but noisy, with a more than adequate bathroom. Here is where it stops. The reception area was dingy and unwelcoming with miserable reception staff. There was even a full blooded argument between some hotel staff in front of me. There are no onsite facilities to speak of, no restaurant or cafe, or even from what I coud see no vending machines. There was also a problem with my booking when I arrived,as I was told that my reservation had been cancelled the day before my arrival, which was news to me. I had to make an expensive call to my travel agent in the UK to establish that there was no problem from their end. It was all sorted out eventually, but if it hadn't been I was told I would have to pay for the accommodation again. Not a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LarryNE

Dear Guest, I'm sorry to hear about your experience, if you could reach out to me so that I can speak to you about your stay in detail it would be greatly appreciated (sales@thekenthotel.com or 305-604-5068 Ext. 3010) - our employees should never argue in front of guests, much less in the lobby - the hotel is currently trying to find a new operator for our restaurant space, the previous operator had to close down due to the lack of business, with that said we do have a vending machine on site and I'm surprised to hear you were not aware of it. I cannot comment much on the details of your reservation since I'm not privy to that infomration at this time but I can assure you that if the room was canceled the night before it was at the request of your travel agency or a 3rd party working in between which we find happens much too often.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

First let me say location was pretty much the only one thing that was great about the Kent Hotel. Not only was I not impressed with the overall experience but there were no "Hotel accommodations" there was no in house restaurant nor a "continental breakfast" offered. We paid $122.00 for a room that looked like it should have been in a murder mystery movie. If you think you may get a good night's sleep think again. The other guests you can hear as if they are in your room. My advice to the owners of this establishment, fix it up. Do right by your guests who pay good money to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Mikelisowski

Dear Mike, I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your statement about the lack of a restaurant is correct, hence the lack of a "continental breakfast" being available since there is no functioning restaurant on site. Unfortunately the restaurant owners had to close due to the lack of sales, we continue to work tirelessly to find a good fit for our restaurant space so that meals can once again be offered at the property. I would appreciate if you contacted me personally either by phone or email (sales@thekenthotel.com) to find out why, aside from the restaurant, you do not feel the hotel is up to par, the review lacked details and the opinions of our guests are ultimately what we need to know to improve our property.