1,086 results
All reviews broken shaker bunk beds shared rooms bottom bunk south beach private bathroom power outlets pool area cool vibe king suite great music bachelorette party two blocks enjoyed my stay nice pool the location is perfect collins avenue
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here with my friend for 4 days. We booked it via hotels.com and when we got to Freehand we were told to pay an additional $20 p/night plus tax so that was a little bit of a downer and not the best start.
The room was however really nice. A little walk in wardrobe, huge comfy bed (the cushions are al little too high for my liking) and nice bathroom with great toiletries and nice fluffy towels. We even had a fridge and freezer
We had the cleaner however only coming in once and even we left a tip we did not come back to a made bed which was sad. The toiletries also have not been refilled and the used towels were left in the room and new ones just added.
The windows in the bathroom was a little broken so not able to open it but that was fine.
We headed to the breakfast buffet on the first day and were a little disappointed as it literally only offered bread, mayo, oranges, bananas, cereals. Coffee and tea was supplied daily and even offered as an iced coffee in a to go cup.
The grounds are beautiful especially in the evening with the lights on but the drinks are really expensive (around 15$ per cocktail).
Overall there were quite a few flaws but I would still come back as we just really liked the atmosphere of Freehand and the vibe we got from this place. It is also really well located and clean which is the key thing.

Room tip: second floor
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived at the hostel a group of friends thinking we would have to book several rooms and at the end we could share 2 rooms with bunk beds, nice! , thanks Rachel !!!!! We got there early and they kept the luggage and we were able to start enjoying our stay in the morning. We bought in the store some nurseries and there is a cafeteria for guests where you can store the food. , there is also free breakfast in the morning very basic but anyway, it is free, bread milk juice fruit cereal, and you can cook eggs if you want, the broken Shaker is super cool and his drinks, I loved it , the music was super for us,According to the place. We will definitely come back

Room tip: choose 2 ,3 floors, is less noisy .
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, i have said we came to this place for a weeding weekend, a friend of my family got marry and we stayed here , such a great time, starting with Juliana plus the all staff made our weekend amazing , the way everyone served us deserve a 10+ . the location was decorated nicely , the breakfast at the lobby make us feel like all family around ,the party and the food at the restaurant was amazing, Just thanks for make our stay GREAT!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I loved this place .cool vibes, nice people to share a room ,very clean everything by the way, breakfast in the morning, always coffee at the lobby, Nice drinks at the Broken shaker, Michael !!such a nice attention. Cheers to this place !!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very disappointed- Broken Shaker is a cool bar. Patio area is chill. King bed room was ok. I could hear cars driving by all night. Pool had debris and plastic zip lock bags in it. No shower soap provided in room. Had to request some several times... then they brought me a half empty, used bottle and said that's all they had. What a waste of $130... I would never go back!

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank jaG5070CQ
Mary Beth B, Manager at Freehand Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am so sorry to hear that you did not have a better experience while you were staying with us. That is certainly not the type of service that we strive to provide to our guests. I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback so that we can work to correct these issues.