We stayed in a King suite (which is located in a courtyard) for three nights. Unfortunately we paid about $300 a night, which I think is pretty steep. However, the location was perfect and we wanted to be in an Art Deco hotel. The suite was very spacious, but there was one problem that I think is unforgiveable--no place to put your clothing other than a closet with one high shelf and hanging space. There was absolutely no drawers, no dresser! With all that room, I don't understand why. I had to put my underwear, pjs, etc on the bottom level of the coffee table. Weird. The bathroom was similar. A lot of space, but no drawers. Thankfully there was a large window ledge. The room was clean and the bed linens were very fresh and felt good. There was a bar sink and small fridge and a keurig with some coffees and teas. The bottled water was $6, so we didn't touch it! The room was comfortable, but they could have fit a full sized couch instead of the two-seater. They also had two comfy armchairs. There was a pub table and two wire bar stools that were hideously uncomfortable. The lighting could also have been improved with another lamp or higher wattage bulbs. With such a lovely courtyard, it would have been nice to have a small chair on the patio to enjoy the fountains and peace and quiet. Because it was quiet! We had two small problems--the toilet seat was broken and there was no hot water the first morning. However, both were fixed quickly. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous at the front desk. The breakfast was adequate, but we felt the staff there was not as quick to refill muffins, fruit etc. We felt like what the put out at first was supposed to last through the morning. (That was kind of like the sushi at happy hour. but it is free, so we aren't complaining). Parking ...there is a garage next door. If you tell them how long you are staying at the Essex and prepay, they will give you a receipt that will allow you to come and go. You just need to get the attendant's attention. Even if the garage is "full", all you need to do is honk and you will be allowed to park because you have prepaid. It was $25 a day, which is cheaper than valet (which I think is $37). We did not use the pool, but did use access to Clevelander's rooftop deck, which is spectacular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essex House is an award-winning South Beach hotel in the Miami Beach Art Deco District. Surrounded by nightclubs, cafes and designer boutiques, Essex House is an Art Deco landmark property in the heart of South Beach. The hotel features 70 rooms including 14 luxurious suites to help you leave all of your stress behind. Your stay includes complimentary continental breakfast, a daily happy hour at Zen Sai Restaurant, and access to the nightlife at our sister property, Clevelander South Beach, located just steps away on Ocean Drive. Essex House Hotel is the perfect choice when you want the best of all worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essex House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essex House Hotel Miami Beach
- Essex Hotel Miami Beach
- Essex House Hotel South Beach
- Essex Miami Beach