On Collins Avenue Miami beach. We stayed in a suite, at a good rate using www.expedia.com.au , so had no problems with space as described by other reviewers. Comfortable without compromising the Art Deco style of this refurbished hotel. If you have some difficulty with mobilty there are about ten steps into the suites and the shower is in a huge jaccuzi which is difficult to step out of as it is so high. Included breakfast was limited but filling and in continental-style. As it was so hot we sat in the airconditioning inside - not very comfortable with tiny stools instead of tables. The verandah with table and chairs looked tempting but when we were there it was too humid to sit out. All the staff members were very friendly and couldn't have been more helpful with advice of where to shop or eat. Everyone was welcoming and determined to make our stay a happy one.
Because it was so hot and humid, our ability to walk around was limited. The beach was scorching. So we took a couple of tours. The Duck Tour was great but we were disappointed with the city tour with the same company because there was little information given and we didn't appreciate the tour guide's repetitive, weird sense of humour. But we did find the historical Venetian pool part of the tour interesting. You could be lucky and get a different guide.
On the strength of previous reviews we searched out the Sushi Saigon restaurant in Washington St which had excellent service and good Vietnamese food. Interesting black and red decor. Also enjoyed Italian food at Hosteria Romania in Espanol street
Due to the heat, we hired an airconditioned car for a day and tried to get to Key West but ran out of time thanks to the traffic. We reached Big Pine Keys at lunchtime so we checked our tourist info and searched out the No Name Pub. If you are down that way it is worth a visit for the history and excellent food and service.
A warning though, Miami airport is a disaster - very inefficient with extremely long waits to get through immigration, so wear comfortable shoes if standing for long periods is a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essex House is an award-winning South Beach hotel in the Miami Beach Art Deco District. Surrounded by nightclubs, cafes and designer boutiques, Essex House is an Art Deco landmark property in the heart of South Beach. The hotel features 70 rooms including 14 luxurious suites to help you leave all of your stress behind. Your stay includes complimentary continental breakfast, a daily happy hour at Zen Sai Restaurant, and access to the nightlife at our sister property, Clevelander South Beach, located just steps away on Ocean Drive. Essex House Hotel is the perfect choice when you want the best of all worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Essex House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essex House Hotel Miami Beach
- Essex Hotel Miami Beach
- Essex House Hotel South Beach
- Essex Miami Beach