I stayed for just one night in November, for a one-hour business meeting followed by a night out. I chose Essex House because I wanted to stay in South Beach and I am an Art Deco enthusiast. The property is cozy with a European feel. My room was on the first floor. It was smaller than most new chain hotels, but this is what one would expect in an older building. In my opinion, it would be comfortable enough for two average-sized people with an average amount of luggage. The carpet, furniture, and bedding were new and crisp. The bathroom was kept up very well and the toiletries were nice (anything citrus scented is a good choice).
The front desk staff and bell staff were friendly and helpful. I met the Director of Operations while I was having dinner that night and he was nice and asked me about my stay.
They have a complimentary happy hour in the lobby each evening with wine and maybe snacks, but unfortunately I didn't get to take part as that was the exact time of my meeting. Zen Sai restaurant adjoins the lobby and I could not recommend it highly enough for food, drinks, and service. Really excellent bartenders there, I liked it so much I went before AND after my meeting.
They have a great patio adjacent to the entrance that is kept private from the street with planters. I really liked relaxing here - there are a few seating arrangements and you can have drinks and a smoke there.
Walking distance to some of the best spots in South Beach as well as the beach itself! Cost is reasonable-to-high for the area - I thought it was a good deal for what I got. If you are looking for Vegas Miami stay in North Beach. This one is a South Beach winner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essex House is an award-winning South Beach hotel in the Miami Beach Art Deco District. Surrounded by nightclubs, cafes and designer boutiques, Essex House is an Art Deco landmark property in the heart of South Beach. The hotel features 70 rooms including 14 luxurious suites to help you leave all of your stress behind. Your stay includes complimentary continental breakfast, a daily happy hour at Zen Sai Restaurant, and access to the nightlife at our sister property, Clevelander South Beach, located just steps away on Ocean Drive. Essex House Hotel is the perfect choice when you want the best of all worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Essex House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essex House Hotel Miami Beach
- Essex Hotel Miami Beach
- Essex House Hotel South Beach
- Essex Miami Beach