“Amazing!”
Review of Essex House

Essex House
Ranked #55 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I chose this hotel based on its overall good reviews and I was not disappointed! The location is prime!! Is really is one block and a 2 minute walk from the beach and ocean drive (where all the action is). It's close but yet far enough away that for sleeping it is quiet!! The hotel was clean and the staff was excellent!! The valet was wonderful, the front desk was so nice! There is free breakfast: coffee, juice, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, Danish it's just enough to get you going in the morning!! There is also free happy hour wine and presidente beer!! I have never reviewed a place before but since I chose essex house from the reviews and I was not disappointed I wanted to spread the good word!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Eek123413
Write a ReviewReviews (1,940)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I brought my Sales Staff to Miami for some business and a little well deserved recreation. The Clevelander/Essex made this an experience not to be forgotten soon!! Starting with Natalia in reservations and Brad and Chad our Rockstar hosts everything was above and beyond what I expected. The personal service was exemplary to say the least. The rooms were excellent, the food was great and the bottle service atop the Clevelander was another experience unto itself. I would be remiss not to mention the poolside service by Desiree! There were to many others with names I can't remember, I will leave it with this, 5 STAR. Mike Kenessey

Room Tip: King suite was awesome
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2013

During our stay in Florida we wanted to sample the delights of what South Beach, Miami had to offer so decided to book just one night at the Essex House Hotel. We were travelling as a group of 4 (2 couples) and after some deliberation on budgets and the fact we were not going to spend much time in the room we decided to book this hotel mainly down to the location being right in the heart of South Beach backing on to Ocean Drive.

We travelled down from Orlando by car and parked immediately next door in the multi-story car park which was very conveniently located as parking in the south beach area can be very tricky and usually expensive. The hotel provided us with a voucher which meant that we received a reduced rate on the car park which was a nice touch.

Upon arrival we were very pleasantly surprised by the decor of the reception compared to other similar properties in the area and the reception/hotel staff seemed very friendly and welcoming. At the of booking I also mentioned that it was someone’s birthday within our party which was another reason why we came to Miami and to our surprise the hotel had upgraded one of our standard double rooms to a suite with a separate lounge, Jacuzzi bath and a tasty box of chocolates completely complimentary. We found the rooms clean, which for me is the most important aspect, spacious and included huge flat screen TV. As I drew the short straw with the room and I was in the standard double, I found the bathroom on the small side but the hotel had provided a very good quality of toiletries as well as a good quality and plenty of towels. The upgraded room had the most amazing bathroom and shower in a completely separate side of the hotel. The AC unit within our room was slightly noisey when it came on during the night but the couple in the suite did not experience that.

On venturing out of the hotel we were given drinks vouchers to use at the bar of the adjoining hotel ‘The Clevelander’, located directly behind on the same block which happened to be the livelier of the two and a lot larger. Personally I liked the fact our hotel backed on to this but was slightly separate as it wasn’t at all noisy at night time.

Unexpectedly we also found out that we had breakfast included but that would be my only criticism with the hotel if any. The buffet offering was a very basic array of croissants & pastry’s, a fruit salad, flavour yoghurts and your usual teas and coffee but then what do you expect considering the cost. When they mentioned that breakfast was served from a buffet I had the idea of lots of different options from a cooked breakfast to a continental offering and the above but sadly it wasn’t.

Overall I was gutted I didn’t stay another night longer and I know now if I am every planning on returning back to Miami The Essex House Hotel the hotel I will be using again! Also I am sad we didn’t get the time to try the Thai fusion restaurant within the hotel too which did look amazing.

Room Tip: Go for a suite if you can as I think you will be plesently suprised.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jack T
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted w/ Piña Cola Drinks and a bell Boy! The host were very welcoming! We had free access to the Celevlandar Hotel! The staff was very kind and accommodating. The house keeper came and cleaned our rooms daily. We stayed 5 days and it was the best!!! The security was on point late at night! Carlos, Jamal, Juan, Phil and The other Juan was so sweet! I love it

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went to Miami for a long weekend. The hotel was in a perfect location. We had a great time,and the staff was very attentive, and had great suggestions for things to do and places to eat. We travel all of the time and We will be back to the Essex house for years to come.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been to Miami multiple times over the past couple of years and the Essex House is bar far the best place to stay in South Beach.The location is great; one short block up from Ocean Drive, which means you won't have pushy hostesses and tourist traffic when you step out of your hotel. It's also QUIET, which is rare in this location!!

The Essex has a great free happy hour for guests everyday (beer, wine and sushi) and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, going out of there way to make your stay extraordinary.

I will definitely return to the Essex House :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I just returned from a three day, two night trip to South Beach for a wedding. First time going, and thanks to my experience at the Essex House, I'll never book anywhere else. The guys at the front desk are awesome- gave us great advice on where to eat, shop, etc. Essex is in the perfect location- one block from the beach, right in the middle of the action. Since the sister property is the Clevelander, you get into the club there at night for free. South Beach is expensive (something I had to accept) but the $180/night we plaid for our queen room was worth every penny. Clean, quiet, great room and bathroom size. Only complainant? Parking is a nightmare, and we had a mixup with the garage (they tried to double charge us when they have a deal with Essex to make parking cheaper) However, our great experience definitely overshadows that minor flaw!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends