“Loved the hotel, great location, great service”
Review of Essex House

Essex House
Ranked #52 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Loved the hotel, great location, great service”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My girlfriends and I were so happy with the Essex House! The hotel was so cute, very clean and the staff was so friendly! We loved the little details such as how they delivered a bottle of wine and chocolate covered oreos to our room one evening, had the free happy hour, and how the cleaning staff lined up all of our shoes in a row. Also, the location is perfect! The hotel is a block away from all of the South Beach action and is within steps from the beach and boardwalk. The Essex has a small quiet relaxing pool (part sun/part shaded) that was nice to relax at if you want some quiet time or you could walk around the corner to the Clevelander (so fun!) I definitely will be going back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Ranger, TX
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I loved the location and the Zen Sai restaurant. J Jordan was one of the nicest hotel clerks that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He helped us with information about places to go , shop, and eat. The happy hour and complimentary breakfast were great. It was very clean and extremely quiet for the area we were in. I would recommend it highly and will stay there next time we are in the area!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ketchum, Idaho
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The location is perfect. The staff are wonderful. I especially loved the bartenders and wait staff at their restaurant Zen Sai. Zen Sai has to be one of the best hidden gems in South Beach. They had a great complimentary happy hour and continental breakfast at the hotel. Cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at the Essex for 4 nights and it was excellent. The staff is very helpful. Nice complimentary happy hour (beer/wine/sushi) daily and continental breakfast of fruit, croissants, coffee etc every morning. Rooms are small but comfortable. My only complaint would be the bathrooms. They are VERY small and in need of upgrades.

Essex House is quiet and relaxing but offers you free access to the Clevelander next door which is loud and lots of fun if you want to drink, dance, grab a pizza, or enjoy the rooftop deck. I would reccomend this hotel and will certainly stay again.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

After researching the pros and cons of the Essex house my girlfriend and I decided to stay at the hotel for a six day getaway to miami beach. Let me tell you that any nerves or doubts I had about this little gem were erased right when we walked in the door. The service (which in my eyes is more important than the room itself) was exceptional from the moment we walked in until it was time to go. Juliana from the front desk was wicked awesome all week you could easily see that she takes pride in her job at the Essex hotel. This is not to take away from the other workers of both the Essex house and the clevelander because they were also great.

Good location, clean, and comfortable would defiantly book this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013
Atlanta
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I cannot begin to express how happy I was to have chosen the Essex House for my birthday spot. Everything was impeccable from the Bell Hop to the Front desk staff. Concierge was aweseome - shouts out to Brad - the number one Rockstar Host/concierge in AMERICA! Brad catered to my every need and went beyond the call of duty to make my personal arrangements. I had no problem with credit card issues like some people have stated. I was able to check in my room earlier than the allotted time. I was able to even store my lugggage after checkout until my taxi arrived. The bonus was having access to the Clevelander Hotel and being treated like VIP by the staff. I was able to eat, drink, party and go back to the quietness of my King Deluxe Suite at the Essex. I will defintely book my next stay at the Essex when I return to Miami! You will not regret it!

Room Tip: I recommend the suite apartment. They are set apart from the hotel rooms more spacious and give grea...
2 Thank Cee Cee C
NYC
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Have stayed in a bunch of hotels in the South Beach area. The Essex House can't be beat for the price. I was pleased from the moment I arrived and was greeted by very pleasant staff at check in. I was able to access my room a few hours before check in time and was pleasantly surprised by it's large size and cleanliness. Hotel is quite but near all the action. I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends