I stayed here for 6 nights at the end of September. I paid £531 for a room with 2 double beds; booked via Thomas Cook’s website. I had a really good experience; and have no complaints. The hotel has a lot of history – we even saw a tour group looking round the lobby. Al Capone played cards here. The staff were excellent - very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The computer in reception was handy and we were able to use printer at the front desk. The complimentary water, lemonade and coffee in reception, and beer and wine at the bar was a nice touch. I used the small pool a couple of times which was a nice relief from the humid weather. The beach is less than 5 minutes walk away, the restaurants on Ocean Drive are even closer – this hotel is in the ideal location. I ate in the hotel bar a couple of times. The hotel shares a kitchen and a menu with the sister hotel next door (The Clevelander). The food was tasty, well presented and reasonably priced. The room was a good size. The only improvement I would suggest would be to add a safe and tea/coffee making facilities in the room. The room backed on to an alley so there was some noise from delivery vans and workers, but not enough to spoil my stay. We could hear the music from The Clevelander hotel – but only very faintly. The TV had a very good selection of channels and the bedding and pillows made for a comfortable night. I looked at loads of hotels before booking this one – there were some good deals in downtown Miami – but I am glad I chose South Beach as downtown seemed to be just a business district and was very quiet at the weekend. If I returned to Miami I would definitely choose South Beach, and would be pleased to stay at The Essex House hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essex House is an award-winning South Beach hotel in the Miami Beach Art Deco District. Surrounded by nightclubs, cafes and designer boutiques, Essex House is an Art Deco landmark property in the heart of South Beach. The hotel features 70 rooms including 14 luxurious suites to help you leave all of your stress behind. Your stay includes complimentary continental breakfast, a daily happy hour at Zen Sai Restaurant, and access to the nightlife at our sister property, Clevelander South Beach, located just steps away on Ocean Drive. Essex House Hotel is the perfect choice when you want the best of all worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essex House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essex House Hotel Miami Beach
- Essex Hotel Miami Beach
- Essex House Hotel South Beach
- Essex Miami Beach