“Best Deal on South Beath”
Review of Essex House

Essex House
Ranked #53 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Deal on South Beath”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Given the location, price, amenities, and especially QUALITY of service - one of the best on the beach. This classic design hotel is kept up exceptionally well. Rooms are newly remodeled and one of the cleanest I have experienced on SoBe in the 15 years I have been going there for vacation. Specials are great such as free beer form 4-6pm and half price happy hour until 9pm. If you want some quite chilling yet the option to be at the heart of the SoBe vibe - Essex House is it (They share services with the Clevelander next door with the noise of the Clevelander. My stay was charming and relaxing and unforgettable.

Kudos to all the staff who go out of their way to make sure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Don W
ClevelanderMgmt, Manager at Essex House, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Hi Don,

Thanks so much for visiting us at the Essex House Hotel! We are so proud of our recent remodeling, and glad you experienced great service and truly enjoyed your stay. We’ll see you again soon—see you in the lobby for happy hour!

Thanks,

Shana M.

Essex House Management

Clevelander and Essex House Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We encountered a difficult customer service issue regarding the logistics of our room. After meeting with the Supervisor, Paula Callejas, it was IMMEDIATELY resolved. She listened effectively to our concerns & immediately resolved our issues way beyond our expectations. Throughout all of my travel experiences, Paula is by far the best Supervisor I have personally worked with. My loyalty will always be with the Essex House & Cleavlander Hotel! The hell with 5 stars, I give these guys 5 black diamonds lol! Mahalo Paula!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Monique,

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that Paula created the ultimate experience for you. Please let us know when you will be returning! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Best,

Shana M.
Essex House Management
Clevelander and Essex House Hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The Essex House is a good place to stay for a number of reasons. It is reasonably priced, the staff is attentive, the rooms were clean (I did the bed bug check), and at Collins and 10th the location is great. Its a sister hotel to the Clevelander Hotel, so you get access to all the amenities of the Clevelander with the benefits of going to sleep in a quiet room. I recommend this place, and I had a great time in South Beach!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Spartan0414
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My BFF and I stayed her to celebrate my 29th birthday and we had the. best. time. ever. The first thing i have to say is another reviewer gave a tip about the bus that travels from the airport to 16th and Washington, which was a great tip; for $2.35 it got us close enough and the walk the rest of the way was pretty short. Zen at the front desk was knowledgeable, courteous, and was very entertaining. The rooms were nice and clean and honestly I didn't hear any other patrons except at night time when it was time to go out. Of course, that didn't bother us because we were pretty much all on the same page doing the same thing. Happy hour in the bar was very good and the bartender was an absolute gem. Great personality and great service. I have nothing negative to say, this hotel was everything that I was looking for and I am a germaphobe that was extremely paranoid about the cleanliness of the hotel. I was not disappointed. A quick side note, that i found to be funny. One morning the housekeeper came relatively early and my friend told her we didn't need anything, later on that day when we realized that we possibly did need a littler service we put the tag on our door and left out for the day. When we returned HOURS later, she caught my friend off the elevator and asked her "what exactly did she need because she asked her this morning and she said she didn't need anything and now it was time for her to go home." Normally any other time I would have been offended and probably complained but the way the conversation transpired I just found it to be pretty hilarious. The service was good, great location, you really can't find anything else better.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank shesheisme
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed here from July 29-August 1 and it was great. We had two rooms and they were able to set us up in adjoining rooms. We arrived early and our rooms were available. We were greeted with complimentary rum runners and the staff did everything they could to accommodate us, even trying to secure parking for us at a discount in the garage next door to the hotel when we didn't get our rented scooters back in time and had to keep them overnight. The garage didn't give us a discount, but we really appreciated the staff's concern and help. Essex House is a great option for staying in South Beach. Ignore comments about bad service. It simply doesn't exist here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lulu1994
Kirkwood, Missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My son chose the Essex as his home while on his 2 week R & R from A'stan. He has a suite. Great choice. We joined him for a week. Had a blast. Essex in the heart of SoBe and the Art Deco Historic District. 1/2 blk from the beach. Brogan is a superb bartender. Try his Mojito called the GloMo. Superb. He'll tell you the story behind the name. We have stayed at the Ritz, Waldorf Astoria, etc. The Essex experience was the equal of the aforementioned.

Room Tip: Ask at the front desk