“Convenient to beach” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   1411 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #14 of 25 Miami Beach B&B and Inns

Kalamazoo, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2016

Watch out as they do NOT TELL YOU ABOUT A $17.97 per day resort fee...... This is not listed on any of the Internet sites which makes them cheaper than their competitors. Had we known we would of booked elsewhere.
Besides that resort fee all else was good, just deception is why they don't get as good of rage. Also their breakfast which is included in the $17.97 was not worth it and there is no option on avoiding that fee and/or waiving the breakfast portion of the fee.....

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2015

Nice hotel with a perfect location! Our room was clean, but sometimes we had to ask the cleaner to make our room. Breakfast was ok. On working hours the hotel was noisy because of all the renovation work.

• Stayed November 2015, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2015

Reserved and paid for King Villa and received a standard king room, but still had to pay the same price. I even double checked at the front I was getting a King Villa because it was taking them forever to help me after pulling my reservation up. They confirmed-Yes...King Villa. However, upon getting to my room I realized it couldn't be a "villa". Front desk staff went as far as to tell me there was no difference between the two when I asked about the "villa" they put me in-at which point I was corrected and told it was a King standard room I was put in. However, when I called shortly after speaking with them to inquire as if I were making a new reservation, I was told there is a difference-including the size of the room and sofa available in the villas. The rooms are really small, so the extra space was one thing I was really missing out on.

Housekeeping stopped by once and I asked her to return a little later because I was trying to catch a quick nap-she never showed back up until days later after I had asked three times. I asked for clean bedding-didn't get it. Nothing had been cleaned, a little sand from my bag still on the floor. I did, however, get lucky enough to score some new towels. The empty tissue box was set back on the shelf and no additional toiletries were left for me.

Hotel is under construction, which was not disclosed to me prior to booking. At roughly 7/730am, I woke up to pounding (maybe installing new wood floors?) in the room above me that was shaking my light fixtures and windows. Each morning this is how I woke up. Is this place convenient? Absolutely. The hotel staff are polite, except for the fact I was lied to. The private courtyard is super cute and looks great. The hotel is very clean, definitely has the beachy feel, and needless to say, aside from the construction and villa/standard room issue, I would say it is worth the money. My experience this go around just wasn't very pleasant seeing as how hey lied to get more money from me, therefore, I won't stay here again. I'm still trying to get some sort of partial reimbursement because I paid more for a villa, which I did not receive. No one is returning my phone calls, however.

Lastly, the water pressure isn't awful, but it certainly isn't great, either. It's workable, though.

Room Tip: Just make sure you are getting the room you paid for by doing online research. The staff will not al...
  • Stayed November 2015, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Holly L
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2015

First time in Miami Beach, I chose this hotel because its a block away from the ocean and got a great deal in terms of price. Our room was pretty small, which isnt a big deal, however, i was very disappointed with the shower. I am not a hotel snub by any means, but the shower had a very weak stream and it is one of my pet peeves when it comes to traveling. Outside our room, they were doing some repairs on the tiles and the workers had the music blasting while i was trying to catch some sleep after a red eye flight. The staff are nice, however, i called ahead to ask them to keep one key as my girlfriend got to miami during the day and i got there early the following morning. The front desk forgot to do that, so the check in process took longer than i expected because they had to make another key for me so i wouldnt wake her up. Housekeeping doesnt show up until roughly 3 or 4pm, which is somewhat odd. Overall, i think there is room for improvement, but considering the price, i got what i paid for.

• Stayed November 2015, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Los Cabos, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2015 via mobile

Small property located one block away from the beach, very friendly staff attention, the hotel needs a lot of maintenance work, the rooms are clean however the mattress are awful and old, week TV and WiFi signal, breakfast is included but do not expect a big meal only juice, coffee, bagels and yogurt

Stayed November 2015, traveled with family