“Not a nice, friendly place to stay”

South Beach Plaza Villas
Ranked #17 of 27 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Istanbul, Turkey
“Not a nice, friendly place to stay”
Reviewed October 9, 2010

First impression occurs is when you arrive at the reception. The person at the reception neither friendly nor welcomed but asked for security deposit right away. Its location was ok but the room was very oppressive, very small, dark with old furniture, Certainly didnt not like the room nor the whole place. At midnight mostly there was noise when people come from outside to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank architectt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 19, 2010

on 4/16/10 we checked into room 214 and thought that everything was great, until we went to bed and woke up being attacked by bed bugs! Please stay away from this hotel, the staff did not seem to think it was an emergency to handle the situation nor give us a refund!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank tword_10

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Long story short, my friends and I came back from the infamous Mansion club at about 2:30 am and went to sleep. My best friend woke up in the middle of the night yelling turn the light on, there was 4 BED BUGS on there bed total. They yelling woke me up and I proceeded to check my bed, lifted my pillow and one was crawling which left 3 RED BITE MARKS ON MY FACE, lifted the conforter and 2 BED BUGS WERE CRAWLING, lifted the sheets and ONE BED BUG was crawlin under the sheet.....THAT MAKES 4 THAT WAS IN MY BED. NO UPGRADE, NO REFUND, NO CALL BACK FROM MANAGER, NO NOTHING. HORRIBLE!!! WE LEFT THE HOTEL AT 4:50AM

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank Cheniqua
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I would have rather stayed at Dade County Jail for the 3 nights that I stayed here. Please don't go by the picture on the site. I took my own and would love to show anyone who is staying here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank Knightowl60763
miami
Reviewed January 29, 2010

We had 4 rooms at this hotel for a bachelorette party. At about 3:30 in the morning when our room was ready to turn in for the night, we pulled out the sofa bed to find a chewed cracker and mouse droppings on the sheets! As we were discussing how to handle the situation, we heard and then saw the mouse. Since we all lived locally in South Florida, we immediately packed up and left, of course stopping to tell the front desk why we were leaving and that we expected a full refund. The guy's response: "oh yeah, that happens in the garden rooms" EWWWWW!!! This hotel is disgusting, and not even a bargain. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Whirlwind07
New Jersey
Reviewed December 19, 2009

My husband & I booked this hotel for one night, as we were leaving for a cruise the next day & found a good deal online. We saw that it was rated 3 stars on other sites, so we weren't expecting anything great. When we walked through the door of the hotel a very overwhelming smell of dampness greeted us. We knew we were only staying for one night so we didn't make a big deal. The location was great--one block away from ocean drives- so we enjoyed the night. We only used the room to sleep---but my allergies immediately acted up as soon I was in the room for 1/2 hr. I am allergic to mold, and the next morning could barely open my eyes, couldn't stop coughing & was extremey congested. I asked the concierge the next day when we were checking out if the owner plans to do anything about the dampness. He said it was a really old hotel, and he doubts anything will be done. He also confessed that when he first started working there, he noticed the smell but he's gotten used to it, since he's always there. He also said that many guest complain of the same thing. It's too bad, because the location of the hotel is great---It's just a definite health hazzard for anyone who stays here. Believe me, this place has high concentration of mold as evident in the smell of the hotel, the air, & the symptoms I experienced after staying there. For this reason, I would not stay again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LC123
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 19, 2009

rooms are small but well appointed. it is a nice safe place to stay and close to the beach.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple