“2star hotel.... Motel is more accurate” 3 of 5 stars
Review of South Beach Plaza Villas

South Beach Plaza Villas
Ranked #15 of 29 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
“2star hotel.... Motel is more accurate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed in King room. Has a king bed, night stand. No other furniture. Most of our belongings were on floor. The wi-fi Internet never worked the 4 nights we were there. Front desk said it was a problem with Apple/Mac ? Bedspread was very worn out and needs replaced. The blanket was the same, didn't feel comfortable sleeping with it. The a/c is a window unit and leaked water on the floor when it rained. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mendes, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

This place rocks, but the utmost of this place is the guy named "Jose" who treated us with such respect and caring that certainly we will back there next vacation. It is a must! The happy hours are great and you can enjoy everything at the patio!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Quebec
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

OK so South Beach is an animated area and can be noisy at times.

But I knew we were in trouble when I stepped in and saw people drinking and yelling in the lobby over cheap music in the cheap bar... (drink as much as you want for $20 during 1hr). Our room was right next to the dumpster bin. At 7AM, trucks started picking up trash in the alley. It sounded like 3rd World War bombardments. This hotel attracts the kind of people who do not respect the other customers' sleep.

Staff was not welcoming, they avoided asking us how was our stay and did not thank us.
Rooms were outdated. The beds crack and the whole rooms just don't convey any friendly nor relaxing atmosphere. "Plush pillows"?

Disappointed it was advertized as a 3* hotel on Hotwire. (with pending reviews) Contrary to what the hotel says on their website, there is nothing elegant to this place. Avoid.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the lobby or by the back of the building.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TripSN

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Bangalore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

The hotel is old and rundown, outside open place scraggy with uncomfortable chairs etc. The room was so-so. But worse was to come. There was no hot water in the morning and the complaint was very badly managed. The maintenance crew were not available. Many clients simply went out without a hot shower. The manager was not available and played hide and seek with us; she was in but didn't meet us, we were told she woud call us in the room but didn't and when I finally put in a written complaint, the reception clerk refused to give an acknowledgement for receiving it even threatening to call security to remove us for making a legitimate complaint in the best language and in a low civil voice! Fortunately, the security person acknowledged the complaint. MY ADVICE DON'T STAY HERE. LOTS OF BETTER PLACES ON OCEAN DRIVE AVAILABLE

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank gourmandBangalore
Saarijarvi, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We came from Finland, and stayed in South Beach Villas 3 nights. It was worst nightmare ever, there were little bed bug nymphs all over our bed, table and floor. I found those bugs even in bathroom! Discusting thing ever!!! There were also big holes in the floor, and walls. The room was so filthy, that I had to wash the floor by myself. I washed the floor with an white handtowel.. and when I was finished, the towel was black!! They defininetly do not clean up the rooms!!!! This vacation should have been my greatest dream, I saved money for this trip one year. We had an wonderful week in Orlando, but South beach villas ruined our last days in Florida. I just cried when I saw this place.. I felt like cheated. The staff were arrogant and unfriendly, and when I finally got back home in Finland, I had red bedbug bites all over my body. Please, do NOT go in south beach villas!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Miia P
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Booked on a travel site and was supposed to get a nice large room with a king sized bed in the Villas section. I arrived and the front desk clerk was not friendly at all. He put me in the hotel section, which was not what I paid for and told me that was all they had. He made it clear there was no more negotiation so I was put in a room which was the first door right behind reception: the noise was constant. Considering that I was there for just one night, I made the best of it by shopping and dining out. There was not even a desk or chair in the room and after I got back from being out, I had to set up my mini-laptop on an ironing board instead. We are talking the barest of essentials in this room here: two beds, an ironing board, iron, bathroom and yes a TV. When I decided to go out that night I took a shower to freshen up and when I turend pulled up the shower part of the faucet the entire shower head blew off and hit me square between the eyes. In order for me to shower, I had to turn it off and spend about 20 mins trying to screw the thing back on. I would not dare report it for fear that I would have been charged with doing something and forced to pay an inflated price for what was obviously and cheap imitiation shower head. The next morning when I got up, I did not even have breakfast but checked out and drove right back to my nicer, larger room in a different city.

Room Tip: Do not reserve on-line or you will not get what you pay for.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank TorontoRobDT
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I stayed at this hotel during the Thanksgiving Holiday and although this is not a Ritz Carlton Hotel it is a very nice hotel with a friendly staff. When I arrived at the hotel ten minutes before check-in time they told me my room was not available yet and asked me to wait in the lobby. I wasn’t bothered because I was early plus I was impressed with the location of the hotel (it is in the heart of South Beach). When they told me my room was ready the desk manager told me my room had been upgraded to a suite at no additional charge. I sarcastically told him “Is that what you tell all the guest?” He told me no and once I arrived in the room I would see that this is in deed a suite…..and he was right! The suite had a bedroom, mini-office, sitting area, free WiFi and apartment size kitchen with stainless steel appliances. I loved the hard wood floors and style of the room. I enjoyed the continental breakfast, wine hour and beach towels (I prepaid for everything in advance but for others this is the daily tourist surcharge so although it might seem complimentary you are actually paying for it). The outside seating area was really nice (wish I would have tried the Hookah). I was so scared to book at this hotel after reading some of the reviews + staying at some crummy hotels on SoBe in the past but I am so happy I booked at this hotel and encourage others to do so as well.

Remember, this hotel is not Loews (which is in walking distance) but it is an extremely nice boutique hotel. Lastly, who spends that much time in their room anyway? You are on South Beach after all.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo