“Will not return. Worst vegetarian Massaman Curry I've ever had.”
Review of sawadee thai

sawadee thai
Ranked #374 of 1,101 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I had one thing: the Massaman Curry, with tofu instead of meat. 15 dollars for a small problematic portion of Thailand's signature dish. Almost entirely onions, which were virtually RAW. I asked for cashews instead of peanuts, and they gave me maybe 6-7 small cashews. There was no other vegetable in the dish. Where were the carrots? Just an avocado sliver and onions- raw or undercooked onions. It made my stomach burn. I asked them to take it back to cook the onions, and they did, but they didn't make me a fresh one. They just cooked what I had left and returned with a skimpy pathetic remain. They should have just made a new one and given me a full amount. 15 bucks for water, onions, tofu and a little peanut sauce! Shame! I will never return and am still angry over it. My friend had the same dish and felt the same way. She was embarrassed that she recommended the place and dragged me out there.

I have no idea why people rave about places that just don't cut it. People need to go out more, instead of limiting their experiences to one place, just because they might have had a few good meals there. But they should NEVER call a place "the best in town" when it's not. I'm sick of these liars on TripAdvisor.

There are newer reviews for sawadee thai

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I used to be a fan of Sawaddee Restaurant, but no longer. Their prices are higher, the portions are smaller, and there is no attention to details. I ordered massaman curry with tofu, and was disturbed when the food was served and I saw raw white onions throughout the curry. Nothing other than 3 tiny pieces of tofu, raw onions and a bit of curry sauce for $15. The decor is dated, the lighting is way too dark, and this place needs a MAJOR renovation. I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Absolutely my favorite Thai place of anywhere. The food is so authentic. The environment is very cozy, a local favorite. Bring your own beer and wine. Not your typical chic decor but who cares when you are eating amazing food. Jane :), Linda, Nikki are wonderful, they work as a team. Try their fried chess cake or Thai donuts for dessert.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The food is consistently good and delivery is always fast. The won ton soup is one of the best I've eaten.

1  Thank Bobaliv
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place really is great. The food is delicious and the staff are great. I would recommend that you try this restaurant

1  Thank fayelw25