“Best real Thai in Miami”
Review of sawadee thai

sawadee thai
Ranked #379 of 1,139 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I know, I know, even says their Thai place is the best but Sawadee is the best authentic Thai food in Miami. First of all the place is tiny(although I was just told the spot next to them is gonna hold the new expansion) so you always get great service. Next is the fact that the owners are strict Buddists and do not serve alcohol, so you are welcome to bring your own beer or wine and at no fee they will store it for you while you dine! Many Veg dishes for you yoga types.
The food is outstanding.
Curries- off the chain..just don't go crazy with the heat, Thai have no mercy.
Pad Thai of course
Thai basil dishes...wow!
Lunch specials are the way to go..I swear the portion is the same at half the price! Combo!

So, waste your money on Lincoln rd or down the street so you can be glamorous..or be full.
FYI- cool people eat here too...including Matt Damon

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Yep, have not have better thai outside Thailand. Stayed at Miami beach, did not want to drive to restaurant, order delivery from Sawaddee Thai. WOW, I`ve been working and living in Thailand for years, have not had this good Thai food EVER outside Thailand. Had the Thai soup, chicken satay, green curry chicken, special fried rice, garlic shrimps, chicken cashewnuts. All fantastic! Easy order, quick delivery, 10 min. before they said. AND it was cheap!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Visited North Bay Village for a few days and needed food that was close and good. Also needed to satisfy a small craving for a California roll. After a quick search on Yelp, I came across this place and decided to give it a try. Glad I did.

Don't let the exterior (or interior) fool you. The food is great! What makes it even better is the friendly staff. Had spicy basil leaves with chicken and panang curry with chicken. I can't vouch for how authentic the place is, but I can vouch for deliciousness. Highly recommended.

2  Thank stevenssn
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've been in South Beach for 6 weeks and have yet to enjoy an authentic, delicious Asian meal of any kind. Happily I found Sawaddee.

The great reviews I read were all on point. This is my new go to Thai spot. I visited for dinner along with my boy and two friends. My bf is a bit of a diva (more than a bit) and was a bit concerned about the aesthetics. Indeed the spot is very 70's paneled basement, I won't deny. But whatev. The smell was amazingly delicious and the place was packed with happy looking folks eating away.
Digging the BYOB policy, we brought our beer and bubbly. The lovely server even brought a bucket for my bubbly!
I'm the veggie in the crowd. While steamed veggies aren't on the menu, I assumed I can have what I want (as always) and ordered steamed veggies. We also ordered veggie fried rice. My crew ordered a variety of meat dishes.

My veggies were fresh and crisp. Rice was flavorful and light on the oil as I requested. My bf isn't one for detail, but reports that his Sweet and Sour Chicken was fresh and super good. He really liked the sauce. Our friends also loved their meals. Everyone gave me thumbs up for finding the spot.

I might get lunch there today! I like!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

When you get tired of the high prices and pretentiousness of South Beach, head north to this charming Thai place right off the 79th Street Causeway. I am a vegetarian, and this is NOT a vegetarian restaurant; however, Sawadee is very veg-friendly. Any meat item can be replaced with tofu.

I had the veggie fried rice with tofu (it had egg in it, so if you don't eat eggs, make sure to leave that out). It was delicious and the tofu was prepared perfectly.

My friend had the sweet and sour veggie dish with tofu, and it was also delicious - I loved the pineapple in this dish.

The service was fantastic and the prices are unbelievably cheap (at lunchtime). For around $7, you get a main dish, vegetarian spring rolls, and a vegetable soup - that was REALLY good; you also get white rice (brown rice is a little extra). The nighttime prices are higher; with the average dish being between $12 - $15. They are open for lunch, then close around 3:30, then open again for dinner.

Street parking is all over - as well as meters. I never found parking to be a problem. There is a metered lot to the left of the restaurant.

This is a hole in the wall. It looks very small from the outside. Once you get inside, it is filled with charm. It's very clean, and the servers aim to please.

1  Thank tczig