“Delicious!”

sawadee thai
Ranked #322 of 1,074 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Visited North Bay Village for a few days and needed food that was close and good. Also needed to satisfy a small craving for a California roll. After a quick search on Yelp, I came across this place and decided to give it a try. Glad I did.

Don't let the exterior (or interior) fool you. The food is great! What makes it even better is the friendly staff. Had spicy basil leaves with chicken and panang curry with chicken. I can't vouch for how authentic the place is, but I can vouch for deliciousness. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank stevenssn

New York City, New York
“Yummmmmyyy Broccoli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've been in South Beach for 6 weeks and have yet to enjoy an authentic, delicious Asian meal of any kind. Happily I found Sawaddee.

The great reviews I read were all on point. This is my new go to Thai spot. I visited for dinner along with my boy and two friends. My bf is a bit of a diva (more than a bit) and was a bit concerned about the aesthetics. Indeed the spot is very 70's paneled basement, I won't deny. But whatev. The smell was amazingly delicious and the place was packed with happy looking folks eating away.
Digging the BYOB policy, we brought our beer and bubbly. The lovely server even brought a bucket for my bubbly!
I'm the veggie in the crowd. While steamed veggies aren't on the menu, I assumed I can have what I want (as always) and ordered steamed veggies. We also ordered veggie fried rice. My crew ordered a variety of meat dishes.

My veggies were fresh and crisp. Rice was flavorful and light on the oil as I requested. My bf isn't one for detail, but reports that his Sweet and Sour Chicken was fresh and super good. He really liked the sauce. Our friends also loved their meals. Everyone gave me thumbs up for finding the spot.

I might get lunch there today! I like!

• Visited May 2012
South Florida, Florida
“SIMPLY FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

When you get tired of the high prices and pretentiousness of South Beach, head north to this charming Thai place right off the 79th Street Causeway. I am a vegetarian, and this is NOT a vegetarian restaurant; however, Sawadee is very veg-friendly. Any meat item can be replaced with tofu.

I had the veggie fried rice with tofu (it had egg in it, so if you don't eat eggs, make sure to leave that out). It was delicious and the tofu was prepared perfectly.

My friend had the sweet and sour veggie dish with tofu, and it was also delicious - I loved the pineapple in this dish.

The service was fantastic and the prices are unbelievably cheap (at lunchtime). For around $7, you get a main dish, vegetarian spring rolls, and a vegetable soup - that was REALLY good; you also get white rice (brown rice is a little extra). The nighttime prices are higher; with the average dish being between $12 - $15. They are open for lunch, then close around 3:30, then open again for dinner.

Street parking is all over - as well as meters. I never found parking to be a problem. There is a metered lot to the left of the restaurant.

This is a hole in the wall. It looks very small from the outside. Once you get inside, it is filled with charm. It's very clean, and the servers aim to please.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank tczig
Newport Beach, California
“Massaman Curry!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

This place is super-chill and really good! When we are in the mood for chill spots to eat, it is between Sawadee Thai and Che Soprano's.
We eat at Sawadee Thai at least once a week....and, it is always great! We have had many things on the menu, from the Coconut Shrimp, Sushi, Thai Spring Rolls, Thai Curry, and of course, Pad Thai!
In fact, my wife just ordered delivery from them 5-minutes ago!

• Visited January 2012
Surfside, Florida
“great food in a durty place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

food been great, staff friendly, place extremely dirty, shame, this small restaurant need ASAP a makeover in cleaning

Visited July 2011