“No frills, just good, honest food.....!”
Review of CJ's Crab Shack

CJ's Crab Shack
Ranked #160 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We came across this restaurant by chance on Ocean Drive. Not the trendiest establishment but boy the food is consistently good! Grouper sandwich and shrimp po boy, crab dip, to name a few - all were really good and included in the $10 lunch specials

The land shark beers are excellent too but they need to have more of these on ice!

The staff are all young, really friendly and helpful

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We spent gere one evening while in South Beach and we found this restaurant because the one we wanted to go was full: it was a great choice.
The blue crab a little bit spicy was excellent!
The negative aspect is that it is on the ocean drive and so everyone walking along the street can abserve you eating.
However food is good and the staff charming.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a dozen blue point oysters and they were disappointing. They were just about to go bad... Not fresh at all.

I also ordered the crab cake for appetizer and that was pretty good.

For the main dish I ordered the lobster special which consisted of an 8oz tail, garlic shrimp and Alfredo pasta . The lobster tail was over-cooked and dry/tough and the dipping butter had a strange stale smell.

Went in not expecting a whole lot because of its appearance so I wasn't surprised how unexciting it was.

Just like most Miami beach restaurants 18% tip is added automatically to the bill...so check your bill and make sure you don't tip as if the bill was just for the food... Sure you can tip more but only when the service deserve it.^^

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I don't know where to start.

Located at the cheaper end of the beach this down at heal, faded (and not in a good way) old bar didn't live up to expectations.
Maybe it was just me and the fact that I was feeling kind of peaky during the day but my food was just bland.
Avoid!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Always visit this restaurant when in Miami. Yet again another fab steak at CJ's. I had the $20 filet mignon, my husband had the $20 rid eye and my friend had the lobster special. All three meals were great. All washed down by a mojito. CJ's still remains as the best filet I have ever had. Well recommend. See you next year.