“Great service and atmosphere”

Guru Indian Restaurant and Wine Bar
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
“Great service and atmosphere”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

After carefully reading the mixed reviews of other experiences at Guru we decided to risk it. I'm glad we did. I love Indian cuisine and have eaten in numerous Indian restaurants around the country, coast to coast. The food here was good but the service was excellent! We had the best server. He was informative and very professional. The portions I thought were large and the prices acceptable for South Beach. I've had worse Indian food in lesser know cities and paid more. I'll be back.

New Delhi, India
“Indian restaurant near South Beach”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Good indian food and in close vicinity to South Beach. Great yellow dal but paneer makhni was but sweet. Overall good food and bit expensive.

Visited September 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Be prepared for 15% automatic gratuity!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place was all about presentation of the food. I was so tired and hungry after a long drive to Miami that I decided to try this place.Nothing great about food here except presentation. I have had a lot better Indian cuisine in Charlotte, NC. The ambience was ok, food is presented well, is pricey and average tasting and yes they add 15% gratuity to your check. I like spicy food and asked for more spicy but still this food was bland. I tried Mango Lassi which tasted sour, Indian chaat, Paneer Makhni, Mumbai aloo and Gulab jamun. Nothing was out of this world. Gulab jamun was a shame! The check and gratuity really burnt a hole in my pocket. It was my birthday so I just let it go. Overall, this place is too pricey and food is not that great!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Horrible experience. Stay away”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Here's a horror story for all my fellow foodies. STAY AWAY!!!! Ordered food to our hotel located in south beach 10 minutes away from this restaurant. Spoke to owner Adish who said food will be delivered in 30 minutes. After about 45 mins and no food called restaurant and got hung up on. Called back and some lady who didn't speak English answered phone and basically said 5 minit 5 minit(whatever that means) after waiting for about an hour and 15 minutes got a call from the delivery lady saying she couldn't find the hotel ( mariott south beach?) had to go downstairs and basically flag the lady down. Realized she was just an employee that was being overworked by her slave boss( she spoke minimal English and the hotel employee said this restaurant is known for hiring illegal immigrants) recieved food which was just tasteless. . Chicken was chewy and old.Wasn't disgusting but wasn't oh my good this is so good type of food. Can't really justify the pricing. Called the owner for the next two days to complain but he avoided my call repeatedly. Finally got a hold of Adish( claims to be owner) and was told that he won't refund my money. Offered me a ten percent discount for my troubles. What am I going to do with a ten percent discount to a restaurant that has below average food in a town I don't live in? Bad service below average food and a rude owner who just doesn't care. I bet this place wont be around next year at this rate. If you value your money and want goof service stay away from this place or you will regret it

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ordered food, very expensive.. food portions are VERY VERY SMALL, food is SPICY when we ordered mild, we will never order from here....

1 Thank ravi k