Boulevard Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Colony Hotel(Miami Beach)
Starlite Hotel(Miami Beach)
Avalon Hotel(Miami Beach)
Pelican Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel of South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Park Central(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
Empire Condo Suites(Miami Beach)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We booked this hotel because of the amazing location.. that's the only thing that was amazing about it. We walked into the lobby and it was small and cramped. Made it to the room, as soon as we opened the door we got the worst smell of pee and mildew it absolutely turned my stomach. There was two hand marks in dirt on the wall. There were bugs all over the room. There was one bed with an old comforter and a table with a television that had less than 10 channels. My boyfriend pulled back the comforter to find stained sheets. We went to the front desk and the woman working offered us another room which was just as bad. She then refused us a refund and told us we better call Travelocity if that's who we booked with. We even offered to pay for the night and asked to be refunded for our other nights and they refused us. I seriously suggest staying far away from this hotel. We travel a lot and never have we had such a bad experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank morgzh
Reviewed July 14, 2014

If you want to visit South Beach and enjoy the nightlife and beach, you have to stay on Ocean Drive. There are lots of nearby clubs, sidewalk cafes, shopping and the beach is right across the street. Most of the hotels in the area are these Boutique styles that were huge in the 1970s & 1980s (and largely unchanged). In fact, Boulevard Hotel was one of the filming locations for the Al Pacino movie 'Scarface.' I have stayed at Boulevard five times over a couple years and it was good enough for what I paid to come back that many times. I have not had any bad experiences during my stays- I slept fine, the TV & AC worked, the rooms were outdated but clean. The staff has always been friendly enough but no one goes out of their way.

Don't expect a brand new building or remodeled rooms. Expect to pay a reasonable amount for a 2 star hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room away from Ocean Drive.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank JT_Turner3
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Let's just say, just sleeping outside somewhere would be a cleaner option than this. My boyfriend and I booked this online from Expedia.com after coming from a cruise. He wanted to stay in Miami for one night to catch some nightlife. When we arrived, it was before check-in time so we paid the extra $30 to check in early. When we made it to the room, we walked into something that look more like we were visiting someone's house. The bed was slanted down at the end as if someone heavy sat on it and broke the railing. It had a bedroom comforter on it, not like one from a Hotel collection. The carpet had nasty stains on it, not to mention it was shag carpet like the kind people have in their living rooms. I immediately went back to the counter to request a different room, one where the bed was not slanted/broken. She gave me another room, but this one was worst. It also had horrible carpet, only this time the room didn't even have a table or dresser to sit stuff on. There was only a bed and TV. So once again, I went down to the desk and told her about that room, she then talked to the housekeeper and showed us another room.
This one was nicer looking with newer furniture. Since we couldn't get our money back, we decided to take that room, but had to pay $30 extra dollars. The room appeared to be fine compared to the previous rooms we would have had. I still took the initiative to disinfect the bed and surfaces. I even took garbage bags and cut them open to line the mattress with it, so that our bodies wouldn't be laying directly on the mattress. The entire night, the desk was not staffed, and literally from the street anyone could walk into the building as Ocean Drive is generally over crowded. So we slept with all of our luggage in front of the door. When we woke up the next morning, I saw to black things on my boyfriend's back and it turns out they were bugs that were smashed into his shirt from rolling over in his sleep. I then looked around the bed, and there were more bugs in the bed and they were alive. I took video footage of it and showed the front desk clerk. We checked out four three hours early, because we were so disgusted we just were ready to leave. When I showed her the video of the bug crawling in our bed, she clinched her body. Also there was a semen stain on the carpet near the bed. Worst experience ever. We paid $111 for the room, $30 for early check in and $30 for a newer looking room and ended up with the same outcome.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank VamosTravelGroup
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had the misfortune to eat lunch at The Boulevard with family on our last day in the US. The service was poor, the food was barely warm, the building was shabby and the bill was astronomical - over $400. Apart from the entertaining spectacle of prostitutes and their pimps obviously organising clients at the outside tables, the interior of the hotel and toilets resembled a cliche gangster brothel. Just nasty and very disappointing.
We regretted paying enormous sums for taxis there and back to the airport hotel just to see this supposedly legendary location.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank MandyEstepona
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Definitely not the Hilton, but if you want a place to crash at night in South Beach for under $80 it's perfect. Old and needs a serious remodel, but it's clean & safe ! Absolutely perfect location just steps away from the beach, shopping, and nightlife ! We had a wonderful 5 day vacation, and never had the need for a rental car or related expenses. Just a $15 taxi fare from MIA Airport !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple