New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Boulevard Hotel Ocean Drive

and 1 more site!
Boulevard Hotel Ocean Drive
Ranked #195 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
“NEVER STAY HERE! March of 2013”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I hope to whatever god you have that you don't try to book last minute with Expedia and believe the pictures they have on their site because that is not what their rooms look like AT ALL!!
First off we booked a room a couple days in advance for Fort Lauderdale and the lady who made the reservation made it for the next Friday not the Friday we arrived. So having no other option we went to The Hard Rock Casino and opted to pull an all nighter because there were no more rooms available.
Secondly we tried again to book a hotel through Expedia, thinking that it could've been just a harmless mistake, since we need somewhere else to stay. We were at a better hotel, but once again they were sold out of double rooms and had no cots to sleep on, so we tried and waited. The lady eventually found a double room and said that it was really nice, recently redone and definitely good enough to sleep one night... WRONG! Is she CRAZY!?! We payed $325 for a one night stay at a roach coach, spider infested, mold covered, rusted tubs, filth covered sheets of a drug house. NEVER AGAIN in my life will I book a place in South Beach without going there first or having a person I know very well recommend it.
Lastly as we get to the hotel to check in the clerk, who I can hardly understand, is saying that he needs us to sign paper work and copies of our license and credit card. We asked of we could see the room first and he insisted that we just sign the papers and we'll just go up to the room the check in. DON'T DO IT!!!! Mind you Expedia already had me prepay for the reservation. But then after I signed the DEAL WITH THE DEVIL there was no way I getting my money back through the hotel. Or so they say.. I put up with a lot having been in customer service before. But false advertisement on a great discount room, not a presidential sweet but a good last minute room, was one of the biggest scams I've ever been fed. I had to dispute back and forth and between Expedia and the hotel clerk, which mind you when Expedia wanted to speak with him would take my phone to a back room and talk, he wouldn't even talk in front of us.. the only customers there. I HATE being scammed and come inferno or high water I will get my money back or I will go as far as I have to because it is the principal of the matter. I HATE LIARS!!!
To top it all of I hate that even have to rate this room a 1 and can't believe Expedia would even affiliate with them. I have gone through Expedia before and been satisfied. But this experience was the WORSE I HAVE EVER HAD. I'm so upsetting can't even express how mad I am. After leaving the hotel Expedia had me on hold for over 2 hours trying to reach a supervisor of o supervisor to get my money reimbursed. We literally walked in the room, laughed our butts off because we thought it was a JOKE, then right walked right back down stairs and asked for a refund. I will write a refund, post pictures, and do whatever it takes to rectify this situation and justify the injustice that had been done to me. In efforts to prevent and stop any scam that may be done to any unsuspecting people.

P.S. DON'T STAY HERE EVER!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank thegreatbrandino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Carlsbad, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

It's really too bad that whomever owns this place refuses to make it habitable! It COULD BE ok, if they would only maintain it, fix it up a little, and hire actual PEOPLE to run the place!
When we arrived, the first thing to go wrong was the tiolet. The handle fell off while trying to flush
it. Then, when we tried to flush it manually, the whole thing broke. "Too bad." Then we asked for some TOWELS, received 1 for two people, and were told that they didn't have any more! Then there was the mattress issue - springs in your back all night, and a giant screw sticking out, which actually stabbed my in the leg as I tried to get up! (BIG bruise!) The elevator didn't work, so you had to drag your luggage up the stairs - no help there! The restaurant is nothing more than a giant hustle. The food is awful, and I've seen dog kennels that looked more appealing!
The only thing going for this place is the location... and I'll just leave it at that!

Room Tip: Be prepared to climb the stairs, and bring a sleeping bag!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kasadalace

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Thankfully we didn't stay in the hotel, but we did have the misfortune of stopping for dinner, drawn in by the 2for 1 specials on drinks and the special meal of the day we decided to have dinner here!

Cocktail was big but we were refused our free cocktail as apparently the reason is big is because both your cocktails are in one glass! $25 dollars for one cocktail was a shock! The special Fillet mignon and lobster ail was disgusting, the fillet was more like mutton tough fatty and tasteless, the lobster was disgusting and and anything but fresh, we also had a pizza which was clearly just a frozen pizza cooked very poorly maybe $2 worth not $15 and it certainly wasn't homemade or fresh as the menu promised.

From the second they had you seated the staff were uncaring rude and hostile, the table was wobbly the chairs uncomfortable and I had the feeling I was being ripped off from the moment we sat down, though the hostility of the staff made me feel unable to get up and leave!

Never eat or stay here, this terrible meal and experience cost us $98 for a bad steak and lobster a pizza 1 beer and 1 cocktail truly the worst experience I have had anywhere in the world by a long way!

This place needs shutting down! If I could have given no stars or minus stars I would!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trevski220
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I haven't stayed in the hotel, but judging by the reviews, it sounds a lot like the hotel's restaurant, the Sea Cafe.

Worse scam ever. How can a restaurant advertise lunch specials for $10-25 a plate, and then verbally offer a special that isn't on the menu but happens to cost 10x as much! We were billed over $200 for a single beer and a single seafood "special".

Why haven't the cops shut this place down? This is a classic bait and switch scam.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank odeydog
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not a great hotel, let me get that out of the way...but it is ON the Ocean, cheap, and convenient. My room was newly (cheaply) redone, bed was clean, fresh towels were there, TV worked, everything you need in a hotel room. Location is great, if a bit loud. It is by no means clean or luxury or amazing, but for an affordable place to crash for a couple of nights, not too bad.

Room Tip: In the back! Away from the noise!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

hands down the WORST hotel i eva stayed at it was filthy smelled awful! mold and mildew in the bath tub, dirty towels in the room, no wash towels i asked house keeper for hand towels and she told me they didn't have any! WOW! comforters were dirty ! i pulled out the dresser and it was loaded with trash and other things i don't care to mention! cut believe expedia even has this hotel on there page! BEWARE!

Room Tip: its the worst hotel since the bates motel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank walnt2341
mi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

there was pubic hair on our towels so we took them to the front desk. after we came back from dinner we were supposed to get new towels. They gave us these new towels which were the same towels!!! they didn't even take the pubic hair off of the towels!!! besides that, these were hotels rooms of a dirty crack house. i would rather sleep on the beach! thanks for the bad stay and no refund!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple