“For an inexpensive Miami Beach hotel, this is the best”

Majestic Hotel South Beach
Ranked #196 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 4, 2009

After living in Miami Beach for 8 years, I know the hotels there very well. It is very difficult to stay on South Beach Miami for less than $150 a night. For $115 we were very pleased. If you do stay for less, you usually pay for what you get. Old, not clean, and thin walls. The Majestic is located on the famous ocean drive right across from the beach and in the center of all the tourist action. Eventhough it can be a little bit noisy at night...that is South Beach for you. The amenities are great they provide everything you need: WIFI included, walk in closet with hangers, robes, mini safe, flat screen tv, very clean rooms and beds, hairdryer, minibar and toiletries. They provide towels for the beach and access to a neighboring hotels pool. They also provide chairs. The staff is probably one of the most friendly staffs on the beach (MIami Beach is known for not having the most friendly people)...they will help you with anything with a smile on their face. The hotel isnt newly renovated, but it was extremely clean and we felt comfortable there. This is a good location for people looking for the action on South Beach.

Reviewed May 19, 2009

We booked one night in this hotel on 28 April based on the reviews here, but we regretted after only a few moments. We actually had a look at one of the rooms first before we confirmed the booking, but we didn't think that we would feel so much claustrophobia in there.

The waitresses at the seafood restaurant downstairs were really annoying (they saw us walking in & out of the hotel 4 times a day and kept making the same "2 for 1" sales pitch to us), the elevator was like going on a theme park horror ride with its bumps and incredibly old-fashioned double doors (only not as cool), the rooms were so cramped that we had no space to put our luggage (we put them up on the fridge n the bed in the end), we couldn't sleep peacefully in the night cuz everyone on our floor (3rd floor) kept slamming and banging their doors! Not to mention the noise of the fans and air conditioner, AND the noise of everyone on Ocean Drive.

I would suggest better doors, changing the elevator, and decreasing the temperature in the corridor. I know it's 30 celsius outside but it's kinda harsh for the body to suddenly enter the hotel with only 18 to 20 celsius in our t-shirts and bermudas.

on the up side, rooms were clean, towels were provided for the beach, there were 2 sachets of Starbucks coffee in the room, and it's on Ocean Drive!

Frankly, after one night, I must say that it's really nothing special to stay on Ocean Drive. Too touristy, too noisy, and too overhyped.

1  Thank kittykyky
Reviewed May 7, 2009

I got a room at the Majestic based on "eh" reviews on Trip Advisor, but because of the location and price for a weekend trip to Miami. I didn't have expectations of a huge Le Meridian (think of this as more of a euro-style hotel, which was fine for me). But at the same time, I expected a bit more for the price I paid.

The room itself was no-frills - a small flat-screen TV, two full-size beds, freezing cold AC, small bathroom. My friends room had no working plugs to charge his phone, but my room was fine. Front desk was friendly and helpful. Free chair loaners and towels for the beach was nice (well, "free" with the daily service fee). While they don't have a pool, their sister hotel down the street does, and you can use it for free.

Definitely bring your earplugs, there is almost no sound insulation and you can hear everything inside and out at night. The restaurant downstairs pesters you every time you come in the lobby, and keeps running you over when trying to enter/exit. Room service took any money laying around thinking it was their "tip" before I checked out. (Sorry, I usually leave change or a few bucks for good service at the end of my stay, but they dug through my magazines and receipts to take a $5 on my nightstand while I was out to breakfast.)

All in all - not bad if you are there for the location - it's literally right across from South Beach. Easy to walk places, close for partying, but don't expect much other than basic amenities and service, and hide your valuables, when staying there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank minaviggen
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This little hotel is a gem! Every member of the staff was super friendly, Carlos the Front Desk Mgr. was awesome!! Super helpful and friendly. We were also allowed to check in early. Towels are provided by the hotel, and I think chairs too.

The room was bright and airy, and also very clean with a comfy bed. The location is in the heart of South Beach but a block or two away from the super crowded areas by Mangos, Clevelander, The Colony & such. Just walk across the stretch and you are smack dab in the middle of the closest thing in the US to the beaches of Brazil -- bronzed hotties everywhere. Love it!

For someone looking for a clean, basic hotel, this is a best buy on South Beach. Not recommended for the high maintenance traveler looking to be waited on hand and foot. The Majestic is perfect for couples and groups alike.

Be sure to check out Lincoln Road when in SoBe.

My fiance plan to return to SoBe again soon and we will definitely be staying here. Great value for the $$!

Reviewed April 28, 2009

We have been to many destinations and I was actually surprised in the customer service for a hotel like this on South Beach. If this hotel was located any where else, I wouldn't have paid over $50, but it was location, location, location.
Also keep in mind, that the hotel will automatically add charges to your rate (e.g.; resort fees $7.00, apprx) which many sites will not inform you of.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2009

Spent 3 nights at the Majestic. It's definitely in the middle of it all + a perfect location if you want to spend time at the beach. Arrived very early in Miami and check-in was at 3 pm - the gentleman at the front desk was kind and accommodating with keeping my luggage until checkin. At check-in, the girl was helfpul and nice, very personable.

The lobby was felt more like a waiters station than a hotel lobby, due to the restaurant outside and the constant battle to get through the doors and keep from knocking into waiters and busboys. It was annoying that every time I came and left the hotel I was solicited to eat at the restaurant - I guess that comes with staying in South Beach.

The room was fine for the money. The bed was comfortable, the room pretty clean. It wasn't big, but I'm from NYC, so I have no expectation for space. The hallways were a little dark and dingy, walls were thin, I heard my neighbors constantly. But ultimately, I didn't go to South Beach to spend time in a hotel room.

I did have problems connecting to the wi-fi - though there was another wireless connection nearby that seemed to work, so I know it wasn't my computer.

Most annoying things: mini-bar had a light that stayed on all night; when I went to check out, signed my bill (almost 600$), the front desk had the audacity to ask for 2$ to hold my luggage for the day. Really???

While the actual property isn't bad, I just don't think they're "getting it" with the details.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank elizanyc
Reviewed March 5, 2009

Old but typical of South Beach 3-star hotels. Can be noisy, such as from garbage trucks at 7am. Rates vary a lot with day of week, season, etc. Mandatory $7.50 resort fee is supposed to include newspaper but they did not have any. Also, the in-room safes were out-of-order during our stay but the staff did not tell us. We had to go through the motions of putting our stuff in, try the lock several times, call the front desk... I would still consider going back because of location.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple