“Rude staff! !!”

Ranked #189 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Rude staff! !!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel itself offers very basic accommodation. As this was our first time in Miami, the location was the most important factor of for us.
The staff on the hotel reception are okay. When I say okay, I mean we dealt with two people that were of any
assistance!
The staff in the restaurant really need to understand the concept of customer service. We were treated like an inconvenience. Simple requests were met with disapproving looks and the general nature of this place left us feeling uncomfortable and unwelcome. This went on throughout our entire stay and for this reason I wouldn't recommend anybody to stay here.
It is unacceptable to treat "guests" in this manner given the extortionate prices u are required to pay for a service than can only be described as awful!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank sailorcash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The hotel itself is simply mediocre. It was outdated, but served its purpose. The kicker is...two weeks after I checked out, I noticed a charge for 60.00 on my bank statement. I called the hotel, and was advised by the hotel clerk that there was a towel stained with hair dye that could not come out. Be mindful that no one in our party had dyed hair, besides that the towels and washcloths were so hard and stiff, we had to purchase new towels from a convenient store. The hotel manager, Michelle Benson is a complete liar, and was of no assistance. Don’t stay here unless you want to be charged 60.00 for a dollar store towel!!!! P.S. next time I guess I’ll just steal the towel or throw it away!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kaila D

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed here for a bud's Bachelor party. Shared a two double room and found it to be JUST enough space for us to get by without being on top of each other. As a New Yorker, I'm used to tight spaces and it was really totally fine by me.

This hotel has a restaurant living out of its main lobby, leaving little space for travelers to hang out with their luggage. The restaurant itself -- On Ocean 7 Cafe -- is the kind of place you wander into for a drink while you're on Ocean and nothing special. They do, however, have drinks "to go" in giant soup containers for about $15. Great deal for a strong drink.

Anyway, if you're in South Beach and you don't plan to spend a lot of time in bed or in your room, odds are you're there to take in all South Beach has to offer out in the sun! That's what made this hotel a solid choice for my group of friends - the location is among the very best you'll find. The best of SB is generally only steps away.

FWIW: my limited interactions with the front desk were quite pleasant and helpful. They let me borrow a towel for free after I checked out, trusting I would bring it back (I did).

Those complaining about cleanliness and service levels should probably find a high end boutique hotel like the Epic or even the W. Majestic was perfect for us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Bed sheets were dirty, I had to request for new clean ones. Needs to be updated, nice flat screen though. The location is great walked everywhere, no need for a taxi unless your going downtown. Service was okay, bartender tried charging for a cup to use because we didn't have any in the room. Overall I give this place 2 stars, for the location.

• Stayed May 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a trip to the beach in April. Rooms were small. When we arrived, they didn't have any clean towels. Told us they wouldn't have clean towels until after 6pm the next day. Tub was stopped up. When the serviceman at the hotel came to fix it, he blamed me and the other ladies in the room. Said it was our hair that clogged the tub. Now of us had even washed our hair at the hotel. I didn't appreciate that at all. I won't be going back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank NorlediaM
Reviewed May 28, 2014

reading other reviews I was kind of skeptical but I decided to book it anyway hoping for the best. it was me and three other girls. the staff was very nice, especially Michelle**** at the front desk. so nice and looked out for us. she let us check in early and watched our luggage. the room was nice, a great Ocean View . staff was good with cleaning and giving new towels. the room was small but perfect size for us four. we would def recommend! no complaints...

Room Tip: get ocean view!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Unless you're just looking for a place to drop your luggage I suggest you stay somewhere else. The room was tiny, there was no refrigerator or microwave. The bed sheet had stains all over it and the concierge had the nerve to think we would change the sheets ourselves. They're an overpriced motel. If I could have gotten a refund as soon as I walked into the room I would've.

• Stayed May 2014