“Good service”

Majestic Hotel South Beach
Ranked #197 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Michel from the front desk is a life saver! Booked a from Hotel Tonight and they didn't give me a two bed option, but Michel was very helpful. She was very understanding and fixed the change. The room is small, but worth the price I paid. It's clean, comfortable, and great location.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed at Majestic aprial 24th for four days. This hotel is very small and outdated. The walls where dirty in our room, halls and lobby. It could really use some paint. The bathroom smelled of urine and the toilet was dirty. The light switches where grimmy. There is no elbow room or space in the 2 foot bathroom. The bed wasn't anything to brag about or complain about. There is a resort fee that really dosen't cover anything. Breakfast was not free, there was know pool so I was confused about the resort fee. All housekeeping did was fix the beds, did not change the covers sweep the floor or clean the bathroom during my stay. The shower had no hot water. However the hotel is across the street from the beach. And close to everything. surpurb location.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank sassywomen
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I came here for a few nights with girlfriends. We wanted a place on Ocean Drive so we could walk places at night and spend the whole day on the beach. It was an interesting experience. 1. Cockroaches. 2. No one really knows English (never saw the GM so I am not sure if they do). 3. The rooms are TINY so they are meant for two people only, the bathrooms are small, dirty and there is 0 water pressure so you will have sand in your hair until you get home. 4. The location is why I gave it 2 stars, it is right near the beach and right along the running path. I would never stay here again because it needs some serious TLC and revamp of staff. I also have no idea how the hotel cost was broken down it was just a receipt with the total and all three rooms were different. If you are on a TIGHT budget...this is your place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AStoyss
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

AStoyss,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your recent review. I'm very sorry to hear that you were so disappointed overall. It is extremely unfortunate and somewhat surprising that you did not feel there was anyone to voice your concerns to during your stay "No one really knows English" as every Front Desk Agent, including myself (I work front desk 3 days per week on average) speak perfect English. I understand that we can not be a perfect fit for everyone but honestly believe we offer a much higher quality of service than you've described and I'm disappointed that was not your experience.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in an excellent location and good for the price. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was air conditioning in the room, and even an iron. The room was clean, just once we saw a pretty big insect walking in the room, but come on, it's hot and humid and can happen.
People are partying out there all night long so don't go there with a picky girlfriend or she'll for sure complain about the noise!

• Stayed: April 2014
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Pi31,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm very disappointed to hear you found a bug crawling in your room and although I appreciate you being so understanding, I assure you that ANY bug sighting is NEVER taken lightly! Please contact the hotel directly when planning your next trip to South Beach so that we may offer you the best possible rate and a free upgrade if available.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Where else can you get a room for less than a hundred dollars on South Beach? We were traveling through Miami and decided to spend a night on South Beach. The location is excellent for access to arguably one of the best spots for partying. There is valet parking for the car, the room had internet and was quiet for a place to sleep. The guy working at night ( Jason) ??? Did an excellent job and appeared to care about the guests. I would stay there again

Room Tip: Took a third floor room and couldn't hear the parties
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Kenneth7228,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your recent review. I'm thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations so completely. We look forward to having you as our guests again in the future and I will pass your generous compliments on, to Justin :)

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The location was great, but the room was horrible and the service sucked. Don't let the pictures fool you. We reported an ant problem and the staff did absolutely nothing. The towels weren't completely clean. The tub was dirty, the shower pressure was weak and the room was small. There is nothing luxury about this hotel at all!! I enjoyed my stay in Miami, But I've been to motels that was better than this.

• Stayed: March 2014

beebh,

Thank you for your recent review. Although I'm surprised to learn you had an issue with ants because I have the building sprayed for pests regularly, I'm truly shocked to learn that absolutely nothing was done about it when brought to our attention. The staff has been trained that ANY report of pests must be addressed immediately to avoid having a minor inconvenience become a serious problem. If you would be willing to contact me directly, I would very much appreciate your help getting to the bottom of this.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Booked this hotel for St. Patrick's Day weekend on South Beach. Could not have been a better location, right in the middle of the action. Bars, restaurants and then some more bars. No need for a car. Just as well, since a LOT of the roads on the island were under construction. This isn't the flashiest place on the Beach, but service was good all around. Rooms were on the small side but clean and comfortable. Yes, a little noisy at night, but you have to know that going in when you're staying in a party district. It's like complaining about noise at night on Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras. Except that every night I've spent in South Beach has been like Mardi Gras. If you are looking for a great casual place to stay on South Beach, I highly recommend The Majestic.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ken G

Ken G,

Thank you for your recent 5 star review!! Our location is definitely one of our most desirable attributes but I'm happy to hear we met all other expectations as well. Please call the hotel directly when booking your next stay so that we can ensure you the best possible rate.