“Best place if you're not a couple”

Majestic Hotel South Beach
Ranked #196 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in an excellent location and good for the price. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was air conditioning in the room, and even an iron. The room was clean, just once we saw a pretty big insect walking in the room, but come on, it's hot and humid and can happen.
People are partying out there all night long so don't go there with a picky girlfriend or she'll for sure complain about the noise!

• Stayed: April 2014
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Pi31,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm very disappointed to hear you found a bug crawling in your room and although I appreciate you being so understanding, I assure you that ANY bug sighting is NEVER taken lightly! Please contact the hotel directly when planning your next trip to South Beach so that we may offer you the best possible rate and a free upgrade if available.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Where else can you get a room for less than a hundred dollars on South Beach? We were traveling through Miami and decided to spend a night on South Beach. The location is excellent for access to arguably one of the best spots for partying. There is valet parking for the car, the room had internet and was quiet for a place to sleep. The guy working at night ( Jason) ??? Did an excellent job and appeared to care about the guests. I would stay there again

Room Tip: Took a third floor room and couldn't hear the parties
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Kenneth7228,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your recent review. I'm thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations so completely. We look forward to having you as our guests again in the future and I will pass your generous compliments on, to Justin :)

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The location was great, but the room was horrible and the service sucked. Don't let the pictures fool you. We reported an ant problem and the staff did absolutely nothing. The towels weren't completely clean. The tub was dirty, the shower pressure was weak and the room was small. There is nothing luxury about this hotel at all!! I enjoyed my stay in Miami, But I've been to motels that was better than this.

beebh,

Thank you for your recent review. Although I'm surprised to learn you had an issue with ants because I have the building sprayed for pests regularly, I'm truly shocked to learn that absolutely nothing was done about it when brought to our attention. The staff has been trained that ANY report of pests must be addressed immediately to avoid having a minor inconvenience become a serious problem. If you would be willing to contact me directly, I would very much appreciate your help getting to the bottom of this.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Booked this hotel for St. Patrick's Day weekend on South Beach. Could not have been a better location, right in the middle of the action. Bars, restaurants and then some more bars. No need for a car. Just as well, since a LOT of the roads on the island were under construction. This isn't the flashiest place on the Beach, but service was good all around. Rooms were on the small side but clean and comfortable. Yes, a little noisy at night, but you have to know that going in when you're staying in a party district. It's like complaining about noise at night on Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras. Except that every night I've spent in South Beach has been like Mardi Gras. If you are looking for a great casual place to stay on South Beach, I highly recommend The Majestic.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ken G

Ken G,

Thank you for your recent 5 star review!! Our location is definitely one of our most desirable attributes but I'm happy to hear we met all other expectations as well. Please call the hotel directly when booking your next stay so that we can ensure you the best possible rate.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

There was nothing luxurious at all about this place. Outdated - at least the room was clean. I give it 4 stars for the location. Check-in/out area is a little weird, it's in a corner of a restaurant. I was told to lock up my personal belongings, didn't listen and some souvenirs I purchased were stolen. I would stay again if I received a good price/deal; but will be sure to lock up my personal items, thank goodness my laptop wasn't stolen!

Room Tip: Only a few rooms with beach views, and mine room/view was blocked by the building itself and trees...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

YesereeR,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm very surprised to learn that you had items missing from your room as I've had staff members turn in everything from cash and wallets to expensive watches when left behind by guests. We offer an in-room safe for guest convenience and peace of mind however it is in no way to say that you should worry about items missing if you choose not to use it. I am very happy to hear that you would still consider returning to the Majestic in the future and am glad to offer you a discount on even our best possible rate if you would please contact me directly when planning your trip.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Location is great and near a lot of activities...but the rooms are loud from the noise outside. If you are a light sleeper...forget about staying at this hotel. For the price paid...there is just much better places to stay at. I don't think I am coming back. The hotel is old, and there was hidden fees which we were not warned about...

Mossafer_11,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your recent review. I'm sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. Especially during spring break, there are so many young people visiting South Beach which can mean louder, more exuberant guests than any other time of year. Our Hotel Service Fee and Valet Parking Fee are clearly disclosed when booking directly with the hotel and all of our third party booking partners also display this information, however I apologize if you were not clear about these fees.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Well before I checked in a week ago I arrived I was able to talk to the manager Michelle about my room and great spots to go to. She gave me great advise and was so friendly and polite. Also she helped me extend my day. The location is perfect right in the heart of south beach. The food was great downstairs. Everything was perfect and also one of the front desk worker' a Michele help me get a shuttle to the airport. She also allowed me to keep my bag when I missed my flight. I really want to thank them for their assistance.
Tyler Sinclair

1  Thank Tylerasinclair

Tylerasinclair,

Thank you for your recent 5 star review!! I'm very happy we were able to exceed your expectations and we all look forward to your return trip. Please contact us directly and we'll make sure you receive the best possible rate and, of course the usual, exceptional service.