“Don't waste your money”

Majestic Hotel South Beach
Ranked #194 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights this month. The rooms aren't clean,bathroom small and shower a small step in type, there was minimal hot water, very loud location and unfriendly staff. There's no space to sit and have a drink unless your paying for food and your made to feel in the way by the waiting staff. Nowhere to store luggage when checking out- left in an open reception/ main entrance. Loud air con units and very thin windows letting in more noise than necessary. I was positioned under the main air in unit outside which vibrated the whole floor early morning. Poor door locks. Food and drink overpriced. I don't normally leave such bad reviews but I am struggling to find anything positive to say!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bigeyes55
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Bigeyes55,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm extremely disappointed to learn that there is not one positive to speak of while you were our guest. I wish that I would have had an opportunity to address your concerns during your stay as I'm confident the majority of them could have been easily resolved with a simple room move/upgrade. It does surprise me that you found the hotel staff to be "unfriendly" as we are commonly known for having exceptional guest services.

There are newer reviews for Majestic Hotel South Beach

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed at the Majestic Thurs night March 6 and loved my entire experience. I valeted my car and was assisted with my luggage immediately. The hotel fits in great in Miami and you feel like you are at a European mansion on the coast. The ground floor restaurant is great and very hip with live music and the food is excellent. The rooms are very spacious and classy and it is the exact experience you would want in South Beach. As far as a boutique hotel goes in an A location this is the place! Jon L

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Jon L,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review!! It is my great pleasure to learn that your entire experience was so completely enjoyable. If you will contact the hotel directly when planning your next trip we will ensure you receive the best possible rate.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed for two nights in a room at the back of the hotel so it was quiet, clean and a good location. We decided to forgo the view for a quiet room.

We had an early flight to catch and left some clothing in the closet. I called and spoke with Maria and asked if she could hold the items until we returned from Cuba in 2 weeks. She was very helpful and when I returned I called several times and the people I spoke with were extremely rude and not at all helpful. Finally someone told me I would need to talk directly with Maria, who only works at night. When I reached her she was great and packaged up my items and I was able to arrange for FedEx to pick them up.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

wendy f,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your recent review. I'm surprised to hear that the entire staff was not able to offer you the level of guest service we are commonly known for, but am very pleased that Maria was able to go above and beyond to save the day, as it were.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been staying at the Majestic Hotel South Beach for the past four years. I love this place! It is the greatest location on South Beach, near everything. The service is outstanding; especially from Al, the daytime manager, who I now consider a friend.

I usually travel to South Beach by myself for an adult get-away, but recently I took my 26 and 10 year old daughters along for a long weekend and we all had an amazing time. They both really enjoyed the fact that the ocean is right across the street from the hotel and they serve breakfast right on the front porch!

I will continue to make several trips to South Beach a year and I can guarantee you I will always be staying at the Majestic Hotel. Thanks Al!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Steve W,

Thank you for your recent 5 star review!! I'm thrilled to learn that we've exceeded your expectations for all of these years earning your title of "Favorite Vacation Stop". As you'd mentioned, we are known for being an amazing getaway for those 21 and over, while still having a lot to offer families traveling together as well. Please be sure to reach out to Al, or any of us at the hotel directly, when booking your next trip so that we may continue to ensure you receive the highest level of service.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I checked into the Majestic during Wine Fest and was surprised by the great location, the staff was extremely nice and let us check in at 10am! The restaurant was ok I only ate breakfast there once but they were always busy. The hotel room was nice, clean a little small but typical for Boutique hotels. Was a good stay and just what we needed.

Room Tip: call if you are arriving early in the morning to see if you can get in.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Marshall V,

Thank you for your recent review! All of us here at Majestic Hotel South Beach are very happy to be your destination of choice when travelling to Miami. Please contact the hotel directly when booking to receive the best possible rate.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The location of the Hotel was great. The staff were friendly, but the quality of the room was bad, I did not like it. If you pay extra you get a big portion for breakfast, and the view for the ocean is amazing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Kata F,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm sorry that the room you were in did not meet your expectations and wish that I had known of your specific issues while you were here. However, I am very happy that our staff, location and breakfast options met with your approval. If you will contact the hotel directly when planning your next visit to South Beach we would appreciate the opportunity to improve your overall satisfaction with our hotel.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The hotel manager, Michelle, and staff were very courteous. I arrived for a two night/ two room stay during a high season weekend (Miami Int'l Boat Show) only to find my rooms were booked incorrectly through a travel site. Michelle not only accommodated my two room/two night stay, but at a rate that was very favorable when other hotels in the area were gouging visitors due to high demand on hotel rooms. The rooms were clean and bright. The location was fantastic with great access to the beach (directly across the street), restaurants and night life. Michelle and her staff were very accomodating and pleasant. An unusual experience in a high-turnover tourist setting. My travel group was pleased with the hotel and will plan on returning to the Majestic.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are sunny and bright. It's a busy area, which is exciting, but a little noisey at...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Bdukensb,

Thank you so much for your recent review! I'm happy to learn that our staff was so accommodating to you and your group. Please remember to contact the hotel directly when planning your next trip to South Beach so that we may offer you the very best possible rate!