“The hotel has a great location and the staff went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied with everything!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Hotel South Beach

Majestic Hotel South Beach
Ranked #183 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The hotel has a fantastic location right on the beach by all the shops and restaurants. You can walk right across to the beach and they give you beach towels too! The clerks were really helpful and when I had an issue the GM was swift to help me out!
They have a good restaurant and you get a discount for staying!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
BrantleyJames,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your recent review! I'm glad that our location was so ideal for your trip. Each of us at Majestic South Beach are committed to providing the highest level of service to every guest staying with us and it is my pleasure to have personally assisted you during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The main reason for my stay at the Majestic was because of its prime location for my girlfriends bachelorette. Unfortunately it is because of the "hotels" prime location that they are able to charge visitors an arm and a leg. Since we were not going to be spending much time in the room itself we accepted the fact that it was not in the greatest condition. However, at times I did feel uncomfortable thinking about the level of cleanliness. Yes, the rooms were cleaned daily - to what standards? I'm not sure. It's possible that the room appeared dirty because of the age of the building. The water pressure in the shower was a trickle at best and the room had a musty odour and again I'm sure that has to do with the age of the plumbing etc. Walls were very thin and we could hear the people in the next room vomiting every morning. The front desk provided free bottled water which was a nice surprise. If you are going to Miami to party and only plan on using the room to sleep, shop around for a hotel, if you can't find anything reasonable - pick the Majestic.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ivujevic
ivujevic,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations and wish that I would have had the opportunity to address your concerns during your stay with us. If you will consider contacting me directly the next time you're planning a trip to South Beach I'm certain we can improve the impression left with you.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Going into this (after reading reviews), my expectations were not super high but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I knew that I was paying for the area. The location is great if you are looking at going to the beach every day or even just eating and drinking your way through South Beach. Most everything is in walking distance. It is not a luxury hotel. It gives you the basics and nothing by any means is brand new. Either way this ended up being perfect for us, as we were out and only came back to sleep later at night. The restaurant that is out front, is not part of the hotel but has pretty good food and drinks for all times of the day and they give you a discount on top of running daily specials.

Room Tip: You are not going to see the beach either way, there are palm trees in the way so don't pay more...
    • 4 of 5 stars
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
HLG868,

Thank you for your recent review! I'm very happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and meet your needs during your stay. As the Majestic is across the street from the beach, may I suggest a higher floor when booking an ocean view to have a less obstructed view and if you'll call the hotel directly we'll be happy to assist you with this the next time you're staying with us.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 days and it was the worst experience ever in my life ! I though i was checking in a hotel not in a motel ! With in two minutes of checked in I asked to get my money back so i could of left to checkin in a real hotel but they told me they wouldn't give my money back since i had checked in and i had pre-paid it! I wouldn't recommend this place even to my enemy! Its a big rip off! I had booked a sea view and when i got to the room i was looking at a building!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank eglentin
eglentin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us and the tripadvisor.com community. I'm very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations and yes, unfortunately when you book/pay for your reservation through a third party it is impossible for us to refund that payment.
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I m Enzo from Milano and I've been in Miami last week for my birthday with my girlfriend.
From the first day all stuff of Majestic Hotel was amazing for us and specially MICHELLE.
She was perfect for everything, to suggest us rent car in Miiami, restaurants and everything what we were searching.

The hotel is amazing on the ocean s drive and really close to the famous Miami south beach.
I have been other times in Miami but I ll never forget this hotel and the service.
Really thank s a lot to everybody and see you soon.

Room Tip: Trove che per chi AMA il mare ed il divertimento questio sia il migliore hotel in miami beach per po...
Vincenzo C,

Thank you for your 5 star review!! I'm so happy to hear that Michelle was so instrumental in your overall experience here in South Beach. We're all looking forward to your return trip so please contact us directly when you're ready to make those plans so that we may get you the very best possible rate.
Lusby, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I took my GF here for a vacation from the cold weather and the location couldn't have been better. We were on Ocean Dr. where everything and everyone is, we even seen a couple celebrities while we were here like "Beiber" and "Ocho Cinco" The staff was extremely cool definitely helped us find the best places on the beach. The rooms were smaller than normal but they were clean and enough room for our needs. Great vacation!

Room Tip: Ask the staff where to go and what to see
Augastine P,

Thank you for your recent 5 star review!! It is always our number one priority to provide you with the highest level of service in every aspect of your stay with us and I'm very happy to learn this was accomplished in your experience.
Chester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Having booked and paid for the hotel months ago we arrived to be told there was a service charge for basics such as air con, coffee, WiFi, hair dryer (that did not work) etc of $12.50 (plus tax of course) which was not mentioned in any correspondence. Sea views are very open to interpretation and had we not pre paid we would not have stayed here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Craftychestermel,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you felt surprised by the $12.50 daily service fee which is standard in every reservation. I've worked diligently with all of our third party partners to ensure this information is clearly given to each and every guest no matter how the reservation is booked however, if it is true that you're booking agent did not disclose these details in your confirmation I would very much like to know who they are so that I may be in contact with them.