“It's a Motel”

Majestic Hotel South Beach
Ranked #194 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 days and it was the worst experience ever in my life ! I though i was checking in a hotel not in a motel ! With in two minutes of checked in I asked to get my money back so i could of left to checkin in a real hotel but they told me they wouldn't give my money back since i had checked in and i had pre-paid it! I wouldn't recommend this place even to my enemy! Its a big rip off! I had booked a sea view and when i got to the room i was looking at a building!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank eglentin
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

eglentin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us and the tripadvisor.com community. I'm very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations and yes, unfortunately when you book/pay for your reservation through a third party it is impossible for us to refund that payment.

There are newer reviews for Majestic Hotel South Beach

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I m Enzo from Milano and I've been in Miami last week for my birthday with my girlfriend.
From the first day all stuff of Majestic Hotel was amazing for us and specially MICHELLE.
She was perfect for everything, to suggest us rent car in Miiami, restaurants and everything what we were searching.

The hotel is amazing on the ocean s drive and really close to the famous Miami south beach.
I have been other times in Miami but I ll never forget this hotel and the service.
Really thank s a lot to everybody and see you soon.

Room Tip: Trove che per chi AMA il mare ed il divertimento questio sia il migliore hotel in miami beach per po...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Vincenzo C,

Thank you for your 5 star review!! I'm so happy to hear that Michelle was so instrumental in your overall experience here in South Beach. We're all looking forward to your return trip so please contact us directly when you're ready to make those plans so that we may get you the very best possible rate.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I took my GF here for a vacation from the cold weather and the location couldn't have been better. We were on Ocean Dr. where everything and everyone is, we even seen a couple celebrities while we were here like "Beiber" and "Ocho Cinco" The staff was extremely cool definitely helped us find the best places on the beach. The rooms were smaller than normal but they were clean and enough room for our needs. Great vacation!

Room Tip: Ask the staff where to go and what to see
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Augastine P,

Thank you for your recent 5 star review!! It is always our number one priority to provide you with the highest level of service in every aspect of your stay with us and I'm very happy to learn this was accomplished in your experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Having booked and paid for the hotel months ago we arrived to be told there was a service charge for basics such as air con, coffee, WiFi, hair dryer (that did not work) etc of $12.50 (plus tax of course) which was not mentioned in any correspondence. Sea views are very open to interpretation and had we not pre paid we would not have stayed here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Craftychestermel,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you felt surprised by the $12.50 daily service fee which is standard in every reservation. I've worked diligently with all of our third party partners to ensure this information is clearly given to each and every guest no matter how the reservation is booked however, if it is true that you're booking agent did not disclose these details in your confirmation I would very much like to know who they are so that I may be in contact with them.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Majestic for a girls weekend trip and it was amazing! Perfect location. Right across from the beach, surrounded by tons of restaurants and shops. In the middle of the great South Beach night life. All the employees I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I loved the Art Deco style! I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking to stay somewhere with history and style instead of a generic chain!

barbara g,

Thank you for your 5 star review!! I'm so happy to hear that we were able to so thoroughly meet your expectations. Please be sure to call the hotel directly when planning your next weekend getaway in order to receive the best possible rate including our "Returning Guest" discount.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

If you go to South Beach for the weather, sand and drinking, The Majestic is a perfectly good place to use as a base camp. Reasonably priced for a hotel right on Ocean Drive. Took a cab from airport, knowing I wouldn't have to stray far from the hotel to enjoy the food, beach or nightlife. Saved on what was probably overpriced valet. Comfy and clean rooms all around. Attentive staff. Not great if you don't like overhearing conversations of the occasional loud, drunk tourist telling their friend "Rico" where he should meet them. But I guess that's part of the South Beach experience.

Room Tip: Higher floor, further from front of hotel/Ocean drive may afford you a better sleep.

Ari J,

Thank you for submitting your recent 5 star review!! Majestic Hotel South Beach is located in the heart of South Beach, walking distance to everything and still competitively priced but our greatest asset is truly our "attentive staff" and I'm very happy to learn you were so pleased.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We choose the Majestic for it’s location and price and were happy that we did! The best location for going to the beach and shopping. NY was freezing and SOBE was just what we needed the weather was amazing! 2 day in paradise for me and my girls, thanks to all Majestic staff for making us comfortable and keeping the drinks flowing!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew C, General Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Susan T - Thank you for your 4 star review. We are so Happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. From all the staff at the Majestic Thank you for choosing us!