“will not come back here!” 2 of 5 stars

Majestic Hotel South Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #174 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Jakarta, Indonesia
“will not come back here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The room has NO view! the walls are very thin, we could hear someone talking in the other room (yikes!). The hotel has no bell boy so we had to carry all 3 bags by our self. The remote control was not working, it took almost 45 minutes for them to come and change the battery. At midnight the remote was not working again! We cannot close the door of the toilet if we don't stand right at the back of it, yes that is how small it is! Only the location of the hotel is great and that's about it.

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Vini_D,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to learn about your overall dissatisfaction with our accommodations. It is possible that if you're booking our least expensive room, it will have no view, however if you call the hotel directly you may be able to get an upgrade if one is available.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

From the beginning, we were attended by a friendly and knowledgable man named Al. This was our first time being in Miami. So he gave us a lot of info on great sites and things to do during our stay. The rooms were not bad at all. I must say they were pretty clean, i did not see one roach or any type of insect. Although they did have that used furniture look, that didnt bother us as long as we had a descent place to sleep after a long day :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Javier R,

Thank you so much for your 4 star review! I'm happy to hear that Al was able to be so instrumental in making your first trip to Miami a great one. We look forward to seeing you again, so please call directly if we can be of help planning your next trip to Miami Beach.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Traveled with my boyfriend to south beach for a few days. If your looking for a hotel where you can shower and sleep, this is the place. Majestic is not a hotel for people who is looking for lavish and style. It's average with the proper amenities. Overall i don't have any complaints. Friendly staff, nice room, clean bed, nice TV, bathroom kinda small but oh well as long as i could shower lol. Shower head could of been better. Location is the main feature. Beach is right across the street, everything is within walking distance. Watch out for the $12.50 a day "resort fee" Includes: beach towels, wireless internet, coffee, water etc. and the $150 refundable incidentals. Residents who stay at Majestic get a percentage off lunch at the hotel. Overall i would definitely stay here again because of the location, convenience and price.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a corner room that's facing 7th sheet. Kinda get noisy with the people walking by...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lysh F
Lysh F,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate our local guests very much and are always very happy to welcome you back. If you call the hotel directly next time you're booking, we'll make sure you get the room location you prefer.
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

If looking for a high end hotel this is not for you .But the location was PERFECT for the art deco district of South Beach. We were travelling on a budget so even better. Fun to sit on porch/restaurant for a drink and food to visit and people watch. The hotel staff is ok weight staff great. I would come back here again. After returned from Key West stayed further up Ocean Dr with a place with a pool. Liked this location best but the amenities of the other hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Colleen D
Colleen D,

Thank you for your 4 star review! It's very nice to hear that you preferred our accommodations over another, although I'm sorry to hear that the hotel staff was out-shined by the wait staff. I'm hopeful that on your next visit, our hotel staff can exceed your expectations as well.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

1) $12.50 Resort Fee. Benefit=Fresh Beach Towel every day.
2) First Night=Paid for room with view. To see ocean a) Stick head out of window b) Turn to right.
3) First Night=Return to room at 3:30 A.M. from partying....neighbors next door argue with each other is spanish until 5:00 A.M. Walls are paper thin.
4) Second Day=Remote control turned TV on but didn't change the channels.
5) Second Day=Returned to room but key did not unlock door.
6) Second Day=No Fresh Beach Towel upon returning to room that we were locked out of. Found new remote control on bed.
7) Third Day=Bathroom light flickers but did not stay on. Had to use closet to put on makeup.
8) Third Day=Returned to room but key did not unlock door. Walked down 3 flights of stairs. No attendant at front desk. Couple before us had been waiting for attendant for 1 hour.
9) Third Day=After getting new key from reception...Bathroom light works but no fresh Beach Towels (resort fee)
10) Third Night (LAST NIGHT) 11:00 P.M. Relaxed in PJ's enjoying glass of wine...what's that I hear ooooh that's the FIRE ALARM! Grab Back Pack put clothes over PJ's go outside to see if the building burns down.
11) Third Night (LAST NIGHT) 11:20 P.M. Fire Alarm turned off and allowed to return to room.
12) Forth Day=6:00 A.M. LEAVING! Get dressed lug suite cases to elevator....what's that? Oh a sign on elevator stating "Out of Order". Lug suite cases down 3 awkward flights of stairs.

Furniture was raggedy! Torn patches on bench located beneath desk.

Yes, location was awesome but I will never stay at this hotel EVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Listen to your gut!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Oh lord what a ugly place please ppl never stay here go somewhere else is not worth it the hotel is dirty uncomfortable super expensive food n drinks I know is ocean drive but come onnnnn,this is so funny I went to the bar wed June 10th around 4pm they have the happy hour or whatever they call happy hour lol they charged me 23 dollars for a 2 drinks according to the guy buy one n get the second one for free , I told the bartender I just can have one kuz I'm going to the beach n that's too big can't finish them , he told me you can get the other one once you get Back from the beach just ask the waitress for it she will give it to you !! On top of that I tipped the waitress 10 bucks just to make sure I get my drink on my way back , I went to the bar I told the guy about what happened n was another bartender he ask me for the receipt n since she never game one he charge me 23 dollars for the drink I ordered lol like was my fault I didn't have the receipt I called the front the best n the front desk told me the Asian lady so rude that the bar has nothing to do w the hotel because they are 2 different management lol !!! So I paid almost 70 dollars for 2 drinks plus all the waitress's if you pretty they give you attitude and treat you like they better than u . like they are doing you a favor serving you I'm like you just a waitress seriously without being disrespectful maybe kuz ppl from chicago we always treat tourist good and with respect !!! The only good thing about the hotel is one of the front desk the tall white guy super hot and very helpful !!! Spend your money some other place please not worth it ! Bed are like a hard rock

Room Tip: Never stay here this place is not for human being !!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I most definitely would not recommend staying here, unless you don't mind sleeping on a bed with dirty and overly used comforters. Everything about the room needed to be replaced or cleaned. The only upside to this hotel was the location, it was within walking distance to everything. The comforters on the beds were stained and obviously never replaced or washed. I had complained to management about this and I was comped breakfast for one day and they were replaced with a not much cleaner and dingy version of the last comforter!!! Appalling that they are running a hotel this way!!

• Stayed June 2013