“The worst place ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #183 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“The worst place ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Oh lord what a ugly place please ppl never stay here go somewhere else is not worth it the hotel is dirty uncomfortable super expensive food n drinks I know is ocean drive but come onnnnn,this is so funny I went to the bar wed June 10th around 4pm they have the happy hour or whatever they call happy hour lol they charged me 23 dollars for a 2 drinks according to the guy buy one n get the second one for free , I told the bartender I just can have one kuz I'm going to the beach n that's too big can't finish them , he told me you can get the other one once you get Back from the beach just ask the waitress for it she will give it to you !! On top of that I tipped the waitress 10 bucks just to make sure I get my drink on my way back , I went to the bar I told the guy about what happened n was another bartender he ask me for the receipt n since she never game one he charge me 23 dollars for the drink I ordered lol like was my fault I didn't have the receipt I called the front the best n the front desk told me the Asian lady so rude that the bar has nothing to do w the hotel because they are 2 different management lol !!! So I paid almost 70 dollars for 2 drinks plus all the waitress's if you pretty they give you attitude and treat you like they better than u . like they are doing you a favor serving you I'm like you just a waitress seriously without being disrespectful maybe kuz ppl from chicago we always treat tourist good and with respect !!! The only good thing about the hotel is one of the front desk the tall white guy super hot and very helpful !!! Spend your money some other place please not worth it ! Bed are like a hard rock

Room Tip: Never stay here this place is not for human being !!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I most definitely would not recommend staying here, unless you don't mind sleeping on a bed with dirty and overly used comforters. Everything about the room needed to be replaced or cleaned. The only upside to this hotel was the location, it was within walking distance to everything. The comforters on the beds were stained and obviously never replaced or washed. I had complained to management about this and I was comped breakfast for one day and they were replaced with a not much cleaner and dingy version of the last comforter!!! Appalling that they are running a hotel this way!!

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We booked well in advance so the room was a great price for the location! Right on Ocean, its a minute walk to the beach and they provide beach towels which was great when your carry-on is pretty packed to begin with [balling on a budget!]. The hotel itself was older but it had everything you needed. The elevator was small and slow but it worked. The beds are hard, which I prefer, and the pillows were very comfortable. The hairdryer worked pretty well for one of the wall mounted dryers. Yes, the bathroom and room are small but who spends that much time in the room when you're in Miami?? The shower pressure was barely a dribble and the sink stopper broke. We didn't bother calling the front desk so we Macguyver-ed a bobbypin to prop open the stopper. Also, there was a metal bar sticking out from the bed frame that my friend kept running into because of its location. We tried to move the mattress around but the metal bar wasn't budging.

I read on several reviews that their staff was rude but I didn't have that problem at all. I called a few days before our check-in to request our group to be together and they delivered. They held our bags in their office while we waited for our rooms to be ready and they called us to check-in early at noon (reg check in is 3pm). If you're nice to them, they'll be nice to you. :)

The restaurant attached to the hotel was ok. I had the tex wrap which was good but expensive ($16 for a small wrap and a small portion of shoestring fries). My friend had the curry chicken and she said it tasted like Lysol. With the 20% it was still pretty expensive but thats what you get for people watching and dining right next to the beach. I would definitely stay here again but would eat everywhere else.

Room Tip: Dont expect an over the top place. Its a standard hotel room where you can sleep and walk to great n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Rooms have good size, Price is ok, service is no good, they have 20 percent off on their restaurant if you are a hotel guest but still expensive, food is not worth the price, location is really good. Overall stay is not so good.

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed for two nights in May in an Ocean Front room and despite reading some bad reviews beforehand, we were relieved to find that our experience of the Majestic hotel was an enjoyable one. It was in a great location on Ocean Drive, ideal for sitting with a drink and people watching. We found the staff helpful and were always dealt with promptly. We were offered the Valet Parking service for $27 per night which we accepted as parking on the street is almost impossible! The room (including the bathroom and bedding) was very clean. Unlike some other guest reviews we personally had no problems with the water, electricity, WiFi or elevator during our stay. Although not the cheapest option in South Beach, we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

There are some complaints about the majestic hotel. If you are looking for 5 star than this is not for you . It's basically the same type of hotel in the strip . No need to find a pricey hotel , your in the main strip. It serves it's purpose , it has a bed and a shower. Not the cleanest however it does the job . Breakfast is above average. I did not eat any dinner there so I cannot comment on it. It's a no frills hotel but more
Importantly in the heart of south beach. I would stay here again . I would recommend if your just looking for a place to stay, it's affordable. If you want to get pampered go else where. The staff is ok, not overy friendly but not rude either. I would come back here again.

Charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a hotel with a great location then this is your place. The front desk staff was helpful. Room service was good also... But the food from the restaurant was HORRIBLE, don't waste your money!

• Stayed May 2013