“Enjoyable stay in a great location”

Majestic Hotel South Beach
Ranked #196 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed for two nights in May in an Ocean Front room and despite reading some bad reviews beforehand, we were relieved to find that our experience of the Majestic hotel was an enjoyable one. It was in a great location on Ocean Drive, ideal for sitting with a drink and people watching. We found the staff helpful and were always dealt with promptly. We were offered the Valet Parking service for $27 per night which we accepted as parking on the street is almost impossible! The room (including the bathroom and bedding) was very clean. Unlike some other guest reviews we personally had no problems with the water, electricity, WiFi or elevator during our stay. Although not the cheapest option in South Beach, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 1, 2013

There are some complaints about the majestic hotel. If you are looking for 5 star than this is not for you . It's basically the same type of hotel in the strip . No need to find a pricey hotel , your in the main strip. It serves it's purpose , it has a bed and a shower. Not the cleanest however it does the job . Breakfast is above average. I did not eat any dinner there so I cannot comment on it. It's a no frills hotel but more
Importantly in the heart of south beach. I would stay here again . I would recommend if your just looking for a place to stay, it's affordable. If you want to get pampered go else where. The staff is ok, not overy friendly but not rude either. I would come back here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a hotel with a great location then this is your place. The front desk staff was helpful. Room service was good also... But the food from the restaurant was HORRIBLE, don't waste your money!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stopped for 2 drinks in happy hour- ordered 2 glasses of chardonnay at $9 each, got bill for $25 for poor chardy, and tips- wine not on happy hour rates, but not told and sign at entrance did not say either- BEWARE!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Decent hotel, we were upgraded to ocean view which was nice, the room was good, not great but more than ok as a place to shower and sleep. The people working in the restaurant outside are annoying, hounding you to eat there. Elevator doesn't work well. Overall, a good hotel for the price and location.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm not going to lie, I was completely freaked out re: staying here after reading the reviews but purchased a flight/hotel deal and didn't want to get charged for changing it so close to my arrival date. I was fully expecting a roach motel but it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, it's not the 4 Seasons but it's livable. I stayed for 4 days and 3 nights and loved the location. You're literally across the street from the beach. My room was relatively clean but not glamorous. I didn't hear the noise other ppl were complaining about, but maybe I just lucked out on my room. The bed was comfortable and the cleaning ladies were attentive. There was a leak in the ceiling when it rained the last day and we were immediately moved to another room and profusely apologized to. All in all, I'd say you can't beat the price and honestly if you're in South Beach, the bulk of your time should not be spent in your room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ETara
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place is horrible! The place is sooooo dated and it looks like it hasn't been updated in 20 years. As you walk to your room you can smell the scent of marjunia. The carpeting was so gross I won't walk on it barefoot, the electricity went out every time we used a blow dryer , we had either scolding hot water or ice cold water, when you tun on air your allergies go crazy because there is so much dust in vents, the keys to room just won work, and wifi which them claim they have hell no! When we requested a refund to go somewhere else they offered us free breakfast which after making the mistake of eating there the first day I won't let my dog stay there. The only good thing bout this hotel is the location but its not worth it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew C, General Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

foxymifflin- I am sorry to hear about your and your friends experience, The Majestic was recently renovated in January 2013, the rooms are definitely smaller that most hotels due to the fact Majestic is a historic art deco building. Most all properties in South Beach are historic and offer the same room sizes, I would suggest future accommodations in Downtown Miami