“Good hotel on Ocean Dr”

Majestic Hotel South Beach
Ranked #187 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Good hotel on Ocean Dr”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Decent hotel, we were upgraded to ocean view which was nice, the room was good, not great but more than ok as a place to shower and sleep. The people working in the restaurant outside are annoying, hounding you to eat there. Elevator doesn't work well. Overall, a good hotel for the price and location.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm not going to lie, I was completely freaked out re: staying here after reading the reviews but purchased a flight/hotel deal and didn't want to get charged for changing it so close to my arrival date. I was fully expecting a roach motel but it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, it's not the 4 Seasons but it's livable. I stayed for 4 days and 3 nights and loved the location. You're literally across the street from the beach. My room was relatively clean but not glamorous. I didn't hear the noise other ppl were complaining about, but maybe I just lucked out on my room. The bed was comfortable and the cleaning ladies were attentive. There was a leak in the ceiling when it rained the last day and we were immediately moved to another room and profusely apologized to. All in all, I'd say you can't beat the price and honestly if you're in South Beach, the bulk of your time should not be spent in your room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ETara
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place is horrible! The place is sooooo dated and it looks like it hasn't been updated in 20 years. As you walk to your room you can smell the scent of marjunia. The carpeting was so gross I won't walk on it barefoot, the electricity went out every time we used a blow dryer , we had either scolding hot water or ice cold water, when you tun on air your allergies go crazy because there is so much dust in vents, the keys to room just won work, and wifi which them claim they have hell no! When we requested a refund to go somewhere else they offered us free breakfast which after making the mistake of eating there the first day I won't let my dog stay there. The only good thing bout this hotel is the location but its not worth it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew C, General Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
foxymifflin- I am sorry to hear about your and your friends experience, The Majestic was recently renovated in January 2013, the rooms are definitely smaller that most hotels due to the fact Majestic is a historic art deco building. Most all properties in South Beach are historic and offer the same room sizes, I would suggest future accommodations in Downtown Miami

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 3/21-25/13, shabby shabby, dirty blanket covered by semi clean duvet, bath tub chipped paint revealing formerly green surface, 2 full sized beds in room allows for you to take three steps to get to all areas of room. Small bench under small scratched desk, faux leather top ripped and soiled from age and no maintenance. very low water shower pressure unpleasant shower, wifi worked average of 10 minutes per day, I can go on and on.....never again. although i paid a lot of money to stay there, i would not stay again even if it were free.

Room Tip: dont stay at Majestic or Starlite on Ocean Dr South beach
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
t n- I am sorry to hear about your and your friends experience, The Majestic was recently renovated and all of our bedding is new and is laundered daily, the rooms are definitely smaller that most hotels due to the fact Majestic is a historic art deco building. Most all properties in South Beach are historic and offer the same room sizes, I would suggest future accommodations in Downtown Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The pictures on the Internet make u believe its a nice hotel but in actuality the rooms are very small, it's no counter space in the bathroom, & no wifi! Whoever renovated the place did a terrible job I could see where they painted over chipped paint. It's to expensive for the money I paid I should have been in a 5 star hotel. But I realizeI paid for location it's in a very convenient area it's in the midst off everything. However, I must say that Wanda went above & beyond to accommodate my friends & I. She upgraded our room to give us a little more room and we were given food vouchers for 2 days for the restaurant connected to the hotel. She is awesome she does everything in her power to make your stay as comfortable as possible!

• Stayed March 2013
Domininque- Thank you for your review and compliments to our staff. The Majestic was recently renovated in January 2013, the rooms are definitely smaller that most hotels due to the fact Majestic is a historic art deco building.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place is a tourist trap from the minute you arrive. When we pulled up we were advised that there was only valet parking @ $27.00 per night...and by valet, I mean give your vehicle to teh the attendant and hope it actually gets parked and returned(in one piece). No outside help retrieveing bags only to give the parking receipt and leave.
The hotel is tied and in need of a serious overhaul. No it's not art deco, or cute, it's a dump with a capital D. Ai paid $175.00 a night. Stayed one night, thankfully! Rooms are small and not well cleaned or care for. The mattresses look to be 5-7 years old, broken in and squishy? The set up of the room does not flow. The bathroom is small and outdated. Well...everything is outdated. Oh..and you have to walk steps u( no elevator that i saw or was advised of). When we checked in there wa no one at the desk for a good 15 minutes(only one person working the entire front area, which is in the Ocean 7 restaurant (sucks and expensive..see my review). When we checked out I was told that since I prepaid that i could just leave ..that I didn't need to go to the desk to do so. When I called for my folio the next day i discovered that they had charged me for a "broken plug" on a lamp. The funny part neither of the two lamps in the room worked. Sad attempt by the hotel to pad the bill. This place should be avoided at all costs. The only redeeming quality is the location and a few staff members who cleared up the bill mess. Matt was gracious in waiving the charge and returned my phone call albeit 5 days after i initially called. Wanda should be commended, for she is the best and brightest thing going for this property. She called me, called me back, forwarded messages and called me back even on her day off to find a solution to my problem. P.S. Don't be fooled by the english speaking operator on the telephone prompts It's not good! Oh and i found a dirty sock and a used razor on the floor when we checked in. Dump...

Room Tip: No tips can help this property..raze it?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is right in the middle of the fun but that is bad when it comes to trying to sleep, forget a lie in the bin men woke us on a Sunday morning at 8am emptying the skip right outside the window! The room had no lamps which is weird -only the big main light with the switch by the door. And there were no surfaces in the bathroom to put out your toiletries except the top of the toilet. So overall it's great to be right on the beach in amongst the party people and restaurants but the little annoyances ruined it.

• Stayed February 2013
Matthew C, General Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Jaffalady- Thank you for your review, Were glad you enjoyed the hotel and the location but unfortunately with the location does come some noise from the Ocean Drive, we'll take your comments into consideration when ordering new lighting.