“Shabby, not chic!!!!”

Majestic Hotel South Beach
Ranked #194 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 3/21-25/13, shabby shabby, dirty blanket covered by semi clean duvet, bath tub chipped paint revealing formerly green surface, 2 full sized beds in room allows for you to take three steps to get to all areas of room. Small bench under small scratched desk, faux leather top ripped and soiled from age and no maintenance. very low water shower pressure unpleasant shower, wifi worked average of 10 minutes per day, I can go on and on.....never again. although i paid a lot of money to stay there, i would not stay again even if it were free.

Room Tip: dont stay at Majestic or Starlite on Ocean Dr South beach
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew C, General Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

t n- I am sorry to hear about your and your friends experience, The Majestic was recently renovated and all of our bedding is new and is laundered daily, the rooms are definitely smaller that most hotels due to the fact Majestic is a historic art deco building. Most all properties in South Beach are historic and offer the same room sizes, I would suggest future accommodations in Downtown Miami

There are newer reviews for Majestic Hotel South Beach

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The pictures on the Internet make u believe its a nice hotel but in actuality the rooms are very small, it's no counter space in the bathroom, & no wifi! Whoever renovated the place did a terrible job I could see where they painted over chipped paint. It's to expensive for the money I paid I should have been in a 5 star hotel. But I realizeI paid for location it's in a very convenient area it's in the midst off everything. However, I must say that Wanda went above & beyond to accommodate my friends & I. She upgraded our room to give us a little more room and we were given food vouchers for 2 days for the restaurant connected to the hotel. She is awesome she does everything in her power to make your stay as comfortable as possible!

• Stayed: March 2013

Domininque- Thank you for your review and compliments to our staff. The Majestic was recently renovated in January 2013, the rooms are definitely smaller that most hotels due to the fact Majestic is a historic art deco building.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place is a tourist trap from the minute you arrive. When we pulled up we were advised that there was only valet parking @ $27.00 per night...and by valet, I mean give your vehicle to teh the attendant and hope it actually gets parked and returned(in one piece). No outside help retrieveing bags only to give the parking receipt and leave.
The hotel is tied and in need of a serious overhaul. No it's not art deco, or cute, it's a dump with a capital D. Ai paid $175.00 a night. Stayed one night, thankfully! Rooms are small and not well cleaned or care for. The mattresses look to be 5-7 years old, broken in and squishy? The set up of the room does not flow. The bathroom is small and outdated. Well...everything is outdated. Oh..and you have to walk steps u( no elevator that i saw or was advised of). When we checked in there wa no one at the desk for a good 15 minutes(only one person working the entire front area, which is in the Ocean 7 restaurant (sucks and expensive..see my review). When we checked out I was told that since I prepaid that i could just leave ..that I didn't need to go to the desk to do so. When I called for my folio the next day i discovered that they had charged me for a "broken plug" on a lamp. The funny part neither of the two lamps in the room worked. Sad attempt by the hotel to pad the bill. This place should be avoided at all costs. The only redeeming quality is the location and a few staff members who cleared up the bill mess. Matt was gracious in waiving the charge and returned my phone call albeit 5 days after i initially called. Wanda should be commended, for she is the best and brightest thing going for this property. She called me, called me back, forwarded messages and called me back even on her day off to find a solution to my problem. P.S. Don't be fooled by the english speaking operator on the telephone prompts It's not good! Oh and i found a dirty sock and a used razor on the floor when we checked in. Dump...

Room Tip: No tips can help this property..raze it?
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is right in the middle of the fun but that is bad when it comes to trying to sleep, forget a lie in the bin men woke us on a Sunday morning at 8am emptying the skip right outside the window! The room had no lamps which is weird -only the big main light with the switch by the door. And there were no surfaces in the bathroom to put out your toiletries except the top of the toilet. So overall it's great to be right on the beach in amongst the party people and restaurants but the little annoyances ruined it.

• Stayed: February 2013
Matthew C, General Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Jaffalady- Thank you for your review, Were glad you enjoyed the hotel and the location but unfortunately with the location does come some noise from the Ocean Drive, we'll take your comments into consideration when ordering new lighting.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My friend and I stayed 3 days and 2 nights at the Majestic Hotel. Once we began settling in and getting ready for a night out we noticed the following:

1.) The hair dryer in the bathroom did not work
2.) The sink was backing up with water not allowing it to go down.
3.) The toilet was not flushing properly

Early sunday morning around 4:00am we were asleep and the bed broke! We were completed startled. When we investigated around the bed, we notice the wood was taped.
This bed was broke and someone tried to easy fix it!!!!! It was already late and we were restless so we slept as is. I am disgusted and embarrassed for this hotel. To top it off we got stuck in the elevator coming from the beach. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STAY IN SUCH A HOTEL!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

ABell26- Thank you for your review, while we hope to address all of our guests concerns while at the hotel, on the last night of a 3 night stay when unexplainably the bed frame collapses at 4am we are only able to try to make the situation right. As we discussed there was no evidence that the bed frame was defective and as an attempt to correct the situation a refund was issued and a return stay was offered for a future date that was accepted.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, we were a tap worried but the place has an AMESOME location and the room was clean. Granted this is not the Hyatt Grand but looking out the window on Ocean street and seeing the beach has some trade offs. Rm 251. We stayed with our two teens for the BCS game and had a great time, The staff was very nice and helpful with directions, etc. We saved $7/day by parking at the city parking deck one block away on 7th and Collins. Great trip. RTR

Room Tip: Only three rooms on each floor face the beach....rm 251 is a double queen that faces the beach,
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

megawisdumb- Thank you for the Great review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

3 star rating? That is a bald faced lie. The place is the equivalent to a pay by the hour hooker motel. The location is great right off the beach.This fact does not come even close to make up for the filth of the rugs through the entire "hotel",the endless noise of the restaurant blaring bass and dj through a cheap mic,the paper thin walls to hear the guests in the other rooms and hair all over the towels and sheets. AVOID at all costs. We only stayed one night and I couldn't wait to leave. Repeat,the location does not make up for the filth and anger you will feel when you hand over your money to stay in this rat trap. Shame on this place.Lastly,the only reason for the one star is the location off the beach. You will not see the beach from your room however,you will see a dirty,narrow, loud alleyway.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple