“Amazing Doughnuts!”
Review of The Salty Donut

The Salty Donut
Ranked #3 of 84 Bakeries in Miami
Reviewed June 18, 2018

This is a must stop while strolling around Wynwood, get there early as they close once they are sold out. All doughnuts are great a bit on the pricey side ($50+ per dozen), but very inventive and tasty. My wife finds them a bit too sugary but will have 1/2 of one every time we are around :)

Reviewed June 15, 2018

So these guys started off as a cart or food truck, I forget which, and a landlord liked their product so much they invited them into the brand new construction and they've been spreading their delicious creations ever since.

So you will likely need to wait in a bit of a line, depending on the time of day there may be a line out the door. But if you get lucky, it will be shorter, and don't worry the line moves quickly anyway and everyone is pretty friendly...after all who is going to be in a bad mood buying donuts?

So to the main event, they have their staples, which are the Brown Butter & Salt (their iconic Salty Donut, and my personal favourite), as well as the Traditional Glazed Buttermilk, which is fantastic, the Maple Bacon, homemade Nutella Brioche, Guava+Cheese, White Chocolate Tres Leches, which if you know what tres leches is, you know you need to try this...and if you don't know, then I'm giving you homework to go to the Little Havana and try some tres leches. Then they have the weekly/seasonal specials which are innovative and delicious. It's not just the taste, but the presentation of each of these are terrific and look like large edible works of art

Reviewed June 14, 2018

Donuts are enjoying a moment (hopefully a very long moment!) and nobody handcrafts donuts like the Salty Donut. Fresh, warm and pull-apart divine - just how donuts are supposed to be! While the donuts are absolutely gorgeous to look at, they taste just as fabulous as well. The Salty Donut elevates your taste bud experience with delicious, sophisticated flavors and pairings. Their menu features year-round offerings i.e. brown butter+salt, nutella, guava+cheese, maple+bacon as well as weekly specials which change regularly. They also do partnerships from time to time (ALL DAY, Knaus Berry Farm and others) so there's always something fun and tasty to enjoy. Situated in a modern and friendly space, The Salty Donut completes its experience with craft coffee as well as wine and beer. Every time I've been there, it has been very busy and bustling, but the staff is organized and unfailingly gracious, so things move along smoothly. Located in the Wynwood Arcade, The Salty Donut is a two minute walk from Wynwood's main drag and has both indoor and outdoor seating.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

Wow, just wow! These are the very best donuts I've ever eaten! The chef/baker is so creative in the flavor combinations and then masterful at their actual creation.

We were visiting family in Miami and they took us to eat in several neighborhoods over the course of our visit. The stop at The Salty Donut in the Wynwood neighborhood was probably our favorite. Between the 4 of us, we picked 8 donuts and shared them (they are rich and filling enough that we took leftovers home and enjoyed them the next day too). The Tres Leches and White Chocolate was my first choice - it was light and sweet and topped with a beautiful, caramelized layer of what seemed like merengue, but I'm not sure if that was what it was. Regardless, it was spectacular. We also really loved the guava and cheese - the sweet and tart guava jelly was something I'd like to buy in a jar and was perfect. We also tried the tahini and coffee, the Spanish French toast, the chocolate blondie, the Nutella, the pineapple carrot cake, and a mini salted caramel.

The only regret about having had donuts here is that there is no place even close at home. Hmmm, I wonder if they ship!

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

The absolute Best donuts ever! The hype is not over blown. Made a 1hr Trip down south to wynnwood to Try the Donuts and they blew me away! There coffee is also very good. Most donut shops have horrible coffee. This one is a Gold Standard for all Foodies put this on your list don’t even Think Twice about it.

Been to The Salty Donut? Share your experiences!