“I loved it but the rest of my party didn't”

Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita
Reserve with OpenTable
Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 4,187 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: South Miami Ave and 10th Street
Transit: Miami Metro Rail/ People Mover- Brickell Station & 10th Street Promenade People Mover.
miami
“I loved it but the rest of my party didn't”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had a great experience at Dolores. I ordered an "OMG salad" which was absolutely delicious. It was just a bunch of chopped up strawberries and tomatoes in balsamic vinaigrette. It was fresh and perfect combo of salty and sweet. My meal was also very tasty - a zucchini "pasta." the serving was pretty big too.

My mother, however, was pretty unsatisfied with the Chilean bass she ordered. I tried it myself and was pretty underwhelmed with the taste considering it was 32 bucks. My sister was also unimpressed with her ravioli so I guess it's just a matter of what you order

• Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
“Very good value and fun desert”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

After a lovely stroll from our hotel to the lively area around 10th avenue we liked the look of this restaurant. So went in and was asked if we had booked which we had not however they quickly found us a table and came over with bread and oil and water and the menus. For every entree you got to choose a starter in the price. I had ceaser salad to start then lasagne which was lovely and my husband had a tasty starter that we can not remember the name but he said it was really nice followed by ribs which he soon finished as they were good. Then the fun part we ordered brownie which came on a stand with your own chocolate sauce dusting powder strawberrys and ice cream and a large plate which was yours to decorate in what ever way you wanted . It made it fun and competive to see who had best design and best of all it tasted great . If you are in Miami go visit

• Visited April 2014
San Juan, Philippines
“Not your "everyday restaurant"”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The service was excellent and so was the food. If you are looking for a special place this one I would definitely recommend. Just make sure you have a reservation and plan for a little walk as parking spaces in that area are a little bit limited.

• Visited February 2014
miami, fl
“Great ambiance, good food!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Went on a dinner date this past Friday to this restaurant and was impressed! To begin with, our server Anna was great! She provided good recommendations and fast service! We ordered the 'huevos rotos' appetizer and croquettes which were really good as well as the veal churrasco and garlic buttery chicken! Also, The menu is divided in three sections with entrees priced under $17.99, $21.99 and $25.99. All entrees include an appetizer of your choice! (Thumbs up)!! The ambiance overall was perfect; white comfortable big elegant chairs, sheer curtains, candles lit everywhere! The downstairs bar is also a good time! It turns into a lounge around 11 and it gets packed!! Drinks are on point!! I will definitely be visiting again!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank seh1985
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If the name doesn't draw you in... perhaps my review will!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I became a fan instantly, the area itself tends to get pretty busy during the evenings and x2 on the weekends, so when my friends decided this was the chosen spot for dinner I started calculating how far ahead we would have to leave the house. We pulled up and valet was right in front of the restaurant, a great way to start.

They're a bit weird when it comes to taking reservations and like for the entire party to be present prior to moving into the dining area, which didn't give us any problems and I in fact liked the rule... allowed me to pressure the friends who normally don't arrive on time. All our friends had arrived and we walked up the stairs for our table.

We had a great waitress (from Colombia so great goes without saying), she took our drink order and came back with some bread and butter preparation they have.

The place was slammed so we knew we would have to wait if we didn't have our game faces on so we all began looking at the menu and preparing our orders mentally. She came back over and explained how the menu worked, which in my opinion was amazing! Basically they have 3 price points for entrees $21, $25, and $28 give or take a few bucks, and every entree ordered comes with an appetizer of your choice! .. Easy enough and very well priced if you ask me.

We all placed our orders; I went with the fried artichoke hearts and the veal churrasco, which were both great, I kind of regretted ordering something fried later in the evening but both plates were cooked to perfection. Other delicious plates ordered at the table included the eggplants, filet mignon carpaccio, applewood grilled short rib and the salmon tartar.

Everything came out delicious and the place had a nice feel to it; for dessert we ordered the churros and dulce de leche flan.... amazing!

So good, the next day at lunch several of us got to talking about how good the restaurant was, ambiance, food and service. Will be back!

• Visited January 2014