“Neat place to try!”

Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita
Reserve with OpenTable
Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 4,322 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: South Miami Ave and 10th Street
Transit: Miami Metro Rail/ People Mover- Brickell Station & 10th Street Promenade People Mover.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Staying close to this restaurant and headed over last night to give it a whirl!
Sat outside on main level. Active, fun and neat!
Drinks were 50% off and wine was reasonable. They have 3 price points. $$19.9, $21.99 and $24.99.
As mentioned in other reviews, each entree comes with your appy selection. I was expecting a small entree, but was surprised at freshness and good sized portions. I had watermelon salad with my husband trying the leek and cheese dip with chips. Both tasty.
Entrees were pasta and a chicken with spinach. Both very good.
Waitresxes were customer oriented and were very pleasant. Onky disappointment was the looooooong wait for entrees after the appies. After about 30 mins we asked for someone to go check, and they arrived promtly.
Would we return? Absolutely.

1  Thank MrsBill

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We made reservations back in June 2013 for a party of 12 to celebrate my hubby's birthday/Made special request to be seated upstairs in the OPEN area to enjoy the what we thought would have been a nice ambience. Called 2 weeks prior to reservation date to confirm that we'll still be showing up - the host had me on the line for over 10 mins as she was not able to find our reservation. She then passed the call to some else who pretended our reservation was there ... asked me all the pertinent questions ALL over again regarding the party size, date, time, etc, and assured me reservation was secured.

On the actual date 8/17/13 I called to push back time from 8:00pm to 8:30pm as it was raining and we did not want to rush from Ft. Lau to Miami in the rain. Again host that answered phone could not find my reservation and finally after several minutes she said it would be fine to get there for 8:30. I advised her it was a suprise dinner party so most of the party will be there ahead of time and as a courtesy to have them seated so as not to ruin the surprise when I showed up with the guest of honor. She ASSURED me it would be no problem and that they'll take care of the other guest as they arrive. When we got there -------we were ushered up the stairs & had to manuver our way through a very jam packed open space literally bumping into people already seated and having their dinner to get to this "CUBBY HOLE" they had 12 people seated. it was ridiculous. We could not even turn if we wanted to.....when I looked at my quest faces I saw that everyone was annoyed...asked what was the matter and this was their story!

They advised me that when they got there the host could not find the reservation under my name....even though I've had these plans set for the last 2 months prior.Time was going and my quest had to help the host get it together/they stated she had a very condesending attitude....light bulb went off in one of the other host's head and she quickly took them upstairs and threw them in the "closet space room". They all had to stand there for a about another 10/12 mins & waited while they grabbed chairs from downstairs took them upstairs (hoisting these chairs over the heads of guest who were already seated and trying to have their dinners) for the table....to fit us all in (CLEARLY THAT TELLS THAT THEY WERE NOT PREPARED FOR US AT ALL).

Dinner was VERY horried the server could not get around the table to serve all of us, so he had to keep stretching over others to get to some (how rude....who does that??) Our orders were NOT well portioned and the server messed up on ur drink orders. I felt real horrible that my friends would be subjected to this kind of madness. And it is highly unacceptable that within an industry that is so very competitive that Deloris but you can call me Lolita would display such POOR, or should I say extremely POOR Customer Service to paying customers. They had a hugh party downstairs of a couple hosting their wedding reception and can you say "GHETOO"....they were very loud and it was imposible to even hear the person next to you from all the noise what seemed like about 400 peolpe were making. This group was so large they used 2 coach buses and several hummer stretch limo's to make their departure painful for all the other patronage of the restaurant.

The Restaurant's Event Planner has a bad attitude and she DOES not handle follow up phone calls very well. For about two weeks I tried to lodge a complaint regarding how dis-satisfied my party and I were and how they ruined my hubby's birthday celebration with their lack of preparation......needless to say their excuse was our phone lines were down and could not get back to you. It's now November, and I've yet to have a manager call to address the issue.

Certainly it's all about being compensated where this restaurant is concerned.....they truly dont take kindly to being skilled in seeing that their quest/customers/patronages are satisfied. If you asked me from a sclae of 1-10 how they are.....I'd advise they are so far off the chart that even 0 would be too much to give them! Horrible....this by far is the worst I've had to spend $$$$ for.

3  Thank Shannon A
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This place is trendy, lively, and a good people-watching spot, but it took 35-40 minutes to get my entree on a Monday night. So long, in fact, that the waitress wanted to know if I was done- I said I had only had my appetizer. Asked for the check afterwards since I was in a hurry, and the waitress nodded her head and talked to someone she knew on the street.

Poor service and communication, but probably good for anyone wanting to nurse drinks outside.

1  Thank RaleighHendersons
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Dolores is a pleasant, different kind of restaurant compared to most eateries I know. The menu is priced at three points, based on entree choice but covers a choice of appetizer along with the entree. We started with a power salad and fire roasted artichoke hearts lightly fried in a panko coating. Both appetizers were generous and tasty. We each ordered a glass of white wine, both tasty, fresh and nicely cooled.
For entrees we choose skinny chicken with spinach and tomatoes and a meaty lasagna. Both were tasty and fun, beautifully served.
Our waiter was attentive, friendly and efficient.
Dessert was fun, inexpensive and tasty.

Dolores is a fun place which we look forward to visiting whenever we are in downtown Miami. The only caution I offer is be prepared to pay for parking, the restaurant is in the busy Brickell area.

1  Thank Richarda384
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

It you are ever in Miami and looking for an amazing experience for your palette without breaking the bank, stop by this amazing jewel. Housed in an old fire station, the staff of this adorable restaurant work hard to make your visit relaxing and memorable. The food is incredible, the ambience is outstanding, and you feel like a million bucks! I'm looking forward to my next trip to Miami, solely because I can't wait to come here again!!

Been to Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita? Share your experiences!