“Best Pan Con Lechon in Miami!”
Review of Papo Llega Y PON

Papo Llega Y PON
Ranked #1,217 of 4,510 Restaurants in Miami
Neighborhood: Allapattah
Neighborhood: Allapattah
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Let me tell you...I am a local. I went to high school down the street from this place and have been going there for more than 20 years. Talk about consistancy, their delicious flavor and quality has never changed. I went recently and their Pan Con Lechon was as good as always. Place isn't classy and if you're not paying attention you might miss it as you drive by. Go! You wont regret it and did I mention they're cheap? A whole cuban loaf "Una Flauta" is $14 and 4 people can get their fill on this. Make sure to get it with everything, onions, mojito and picante (hot sauce).

1  Thank Gladys H

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Had the sandwich at taste of Miami in marlins new park after rave reviews. Thought was an awful lot of bread - but was good.
Decided to hit the real place. Got all excited when saw place - no sign - just the smell and you knew you were in the right place. After waiting about 10 mins for my sandwich - was back to the car to try it out ( no seating at place ). Was even MORE bread and less meat than at the ballpark. But the price was right. Was really good but maybe next time will get with double meat or something. I included a picture as it took me a minute to find. It is set back from the street and there are a bevy of other places surrounding it that aren't it. So for a gringo can get confusing fast. Also- a couple of the girls at counter habla english so just speak up in English and one will get you. Is not in a bad part of town but off tourist path for sure. So keep your wits about you. It is worth a stop.

3  Thank RJ24R2
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Amazing and cheap! A gigantic two-person sandwich for $5.50. We arrived around 4PM on a rainy weekday. This meant that there was still Chicharones for sale! The combination of sandwich and pork rinds, plus a can of Materva, was an amazingly savory meal.

The staff was so friendly, despite my butchered Spanish. They now have a concession inside Marlins Park, but the value and local flavor live in Little Havana.

1  Thank IYHO
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

The best Pork Sandwich!
This is a real Cuban sandwich...
They also have cuban tamales and drinks, you can enjoy drinking Materva or Ironbeer. This Pan con Lechon (Pork Sandwich) is great, with a little hot sausage and the small pices of chicharron (pork skin). The roasted pork meat very cutted in a Cuban bread is delicious!

Is a very simple place, no luxury, no very nice, but the pan con Lechon is really good!

I prefer the whole bread, a Cuban large bread with pork meat ( una flauta entera).

If you like pork, you will enjoy it...

1  Thank Hector C
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Based on reviews I read on Yelp, I was expecting more. I slept late, skipped breakfast and drove from north dade to pickup 2 large sandwiches at $5.50 ea. (1 for now and 1 for later). Turned out I needed both for now. The roast pork is hand chopped to the point of having been in a food processor with the onions and crispy skin. I love the skin addition. I ordered no picante (hot sauce) since I didn't know what they used so I could use my own (Crystal). I judge Cuban restaurants by their roast pork and this was rather flat and the quantity of meat was small. I discarded the top half of both sandwiches and put them together to make one. The lady at the register was very helpful and very polite.

1  Thank AIRBOATER