“Wow!”

Truluck's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 4,201 Restaurants in Miami
Cross street: Brickell and SE 8th St
Toronto, Canada
“Wow!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Beautiful meal, we were looking for stone crab and were not disappointed ! The sea bass was absolutely delicious as well. Great service. Expensive restaurant but worth the money !

2 Thank MarionRoy

Attleboro, Massachusetts
“A memorable birthday dinner”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were seated right away (we had reservations) and were immediately attended to. We had the chilled seafood platter for two, the presentation with dry ice was impressive and the seafood all fresh and tasty, including the sauces served on the side.

My boyfriend had the Cioppino, it was delicious. I had a filet with Bearnaise Royale. The steak was closer to medium than the medium rare I ordered and the bernaise was NOT what I expected, it was almost Cajun which I'm told is the Miami way. Everything else on the plate was delicious though.

For dessert we split a key lime pie and even though I always hesitate when ordering that because my mother makes it better than any restaurant, I thought this was the best one I've tasted that wasn't mom's.

Service was impeccable throughout the meal, so much so that we remembered the waiter's name (Carlos) which we never do. The next day we received a call from the restaurant just to make sure we had a great meal, I can't remember the last time that has ever happened.

Were it not for the bernaise being something but the traditional I had expected, this would have been 5 stars. It was very close though!

1 Thank Staubenf
Reston, Virginia
“A notch below Oceanaire”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The best way I can describe this place is comparing it The Oceanaire Seafood Room (another upscale, pricey seafood chain with locations throughout the US). We started with the ceviche and the platter for two. The ceviche was extremely generous in their portions and packed with lots of good lime acidic flavors. It could have use more octopus and scallops. The platter was very nice and we enjoyed everything it offered including the sweet stone crabs. One word of wisdom for future diners.... be careful with their horseradish, this stuff is no joke and will clear up your sinuses with a miniscule amount.

For dinner we had the lobster (pulled freshly from the tank) and the gulf grouper simply grilled. The grouper was delicious but at 36 dollars their tiny portion was a bit laughable. It's not like they are shipping in the fish from Alaska, I'd think the prices would be more reasonable. The lobster was tasty but again, very pricey... nothing like New England or even DC prices (then again, I guess this is Miami after all).

Lastly, one of the best parts of the night was the 1er cru chablis bottle we ordered which went great with our dinner.

In sum, I wouldn't endorse Truluck's, find a different spot that doesn't make you feel ripped off at every turn.

3 Thank LessWork M
Ft Lauderdale Fla
“Great Evening”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went here for our Anniversary Dinner.
No complaints at all.
My wife and I split King Crab Leg best we ever had a couple of Stone Crab Claws very good.
Main Course split 10 oz Filet and the Mashed Pototoes.
Very Good.
Desert complimentary Chocolate Pudding Bread cake. Was not crazy about it.
Home made Ice Cream outstanding.. Service no complaints..
Would go back.
Enjoy

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great meal!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went last night, we had a great server Jose. I got the filet special with lobster and shrimp in siracha with Parmesan mash - it was so good. We also got the crab, they break it for you already which is always nice! Atmosphere is very nice but definitely a high class place. Be sure to dress nice. Location is also very nice we had time before out reservation and walked around. Overall great place!